Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here comes the run on Holmgren..

TeddyKGB

I believe this. I think once Cleveland offered him the job Snyder knew he had to make a move. I can see Holmgren coming in and leaving things the same. Zorn would stay, JC would probably stay, and Sherm Lewis will probably stay. I don't think I would this as much now since Vinny wouldn't be involved!

I believe this. I think once Cleveland offered him the job Snyder knew he had to make a move. I can see Holmgren coming in and leaving things the same. Zorn would stay, JC would probably stay, and Sherm Lewis will probably stay. I don't think I would this as much now since Vinny wouldn't be involved!

I also think that Snyder saw the news out of Dallas that Wade/Garrett will probably not be retained and needed to pull the trigger now. Dallas could be lobbying for Shannahan hard.

Just think about it...we have alot of Holmgren guys on the team. Zorn, Sherm Lewis, and Blache have all ben associated with Holmgren at one time or another. We also run a WCO which Holmgren is very familiar with. I think its pretty obvious Holmgren will be our new GM by the end of the day.

I don't think this is a Holmgren run at all. I think this is a Shannahan run. It's very possible that Danny has a good idea that young Shannahan will be available to coach with his father. They gotta beat Dallas to the punch.

Only way I see Holmgren is w/ the Holmgren/Gruden marriage. I know Gruden re-upped with ESPN, but contracts are made to be broken.

I don't think this is a Holmgren run at all. I think this is a Shannahan run. It's very possible that Danny has a good idea that young Shannahan will be available to coach with his father. They gotta beat Dallas to the punch.

Only way I see Holmgren is w/ the Holmgren/Gruden marriage. I know Gruden re-upped with ESPN, but contracts are made to be broken.

I think that is option 2. I think right now, its an all out blitz for Holmgren. Like I said, we have alot of former Holmgren guys on staff now.

Shannan would be the other choice if we don't get Holmgren. Shannahan, Kubiak, Shannahan's son. That wouldn't be a bad group either.

They can't hire a coach because of the Rooney Rule...it is gonna be a GM announcement...I am thinking Holmgren.

I could live with Holmgren as GM Zorn to stay as HC Lewis as OC and Campbell as QB- get rid of dead weight and build through the friggin draft!

I probably would rather have that than him as head coach and GM. I do think that there needs to be some seperation between the FO and the coaching staff.

What about Cowher, some said he would never come to a situation, but with vinny gone? Heck, maybe Snyder will Beg Gibbs to come back as President and pick a competent GM (Could that be the Tuna?)

I think Cowher has his eye on the Carolina job. I believe that's where is family is and he had said he always wanted to be close to them. So I don't think Cowher would come here if the Carolina job is open.

Holmgren the GM, just feels like such a natural fit here. While, he'd have to do a lot of coaching clean-up in Cleveland.

Exactly! We have his former QB coach, his former OC, his former RB coach. Plus he knows how the WCO works. Makes too much sense for him to not come here.

I think Holmgren coming in here is the only way Zorn stays on as HC. Still undecided on whether it's better or not to move on at this point. Zorn definitely seems to handle the team better when he has less on his plate, but the way he was treated this season makes me think that he'd rather resign. Coach for the rest of the year to not let the guys down and abandon the team, but know that staying on as Redskins HC was not the gig that he signed up for in 2008. Like Zorn a lot as a person and he earned a lot of respect for how he handled this season, but unsure if he can be a good NFL head coach, maintaining enough discipline and motivation.

Archived