Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Clinton Portis expects to be part of offseason change.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

"But we don't have anything to show for my production."

He must be reading my posts.

It was epic failure to build an offense around a 250-300 carry rb from the start.

Which in the big picture, is why he should have been traded years ago, for multiple players in other positions.

There is NO REASON for me or anyone to REALISTICALLY believe that he will be AS PRODUCTIVE as he once was to command SUCH A SALARY! I believe he could be productive, but not for the amount they will be paying him.

We are seeing it RIGHT NOW and across the league, that when veterans go down, it causes young guys to step up. This team has been hanging there hat on the couple of playoff appearances they have had. Portis, as great as he has been, represents the old "business as usual" mentality the team has had. Its the same reason why ARE is still returning punts. They need to go in an entire new direction.

Exactly. Guys like Ganther and Mason and to a lesser extent, Rock, are clearly ready to fill Portis' shoes. This team has young talent and should shove the high priced guys out the door. With an actual GM here, I believe that can be achieved.

Well, you'd have to consider if they decide to draft one also. Mark Ingram is certainly looking attractive as of now especially with him winning the Heismann Awards.

Oh, and you know how The Danny loves to sell jerseys ;)

I hope youre being sarcastic with the Ingram stuff

I will be the first to admit that I love Portis and he is still one of my favorite players. I have a feeling him being out like this will (a) get him healthy and (B) light a fire under his ass. Hopefully this rest will also solve his vision problems. I wouldn't mind drafting another younger, speed guy, and cutting Rock & Betts. I absolutely love what I have seen out of Ganther, so I hope that we keep him as our 2nd RB behind CP.

I hope we trade Portis for a draft pick.

As well as Randle El

(maybe) Campbell.....I think Campbell is just benefiting from Sherm Lewis arrival....but just think how great another QB would look under Sherm's coordination

Not Cooley....Keep Cooley

IDK......we will see what this crooked organization does.....I know Vinny better be gone.

I don't think so. He provided very little in 2009 and almost nothing in the second half of 2008. I think Portis benefits from nostalgia. The most current incarnation of Portis is one that can't turn the corner, break a tackle, see the holes, is always hurt, comes back from the offseason in terrible shape (for a pro athlete), and hates to practice.

Well, that's one of the great things about time, Burgold.

It will tell.

Well, you'd have to consider if they decide to draft one also. Mark Ingram is certainly looking attractive as of now especially with him winning the Heismann Awards.

you know hes a true sophomore, right? so even if he wanted to, he couldnt come out until the 2011 draft. so that doesnt really do much for this coming draft...

Good. I hate Portis. He is a cancer and can't play football anymore. It seems that most people who defend him are idiotic. They always spew garbage such as

"Portis is right that it's ok to cheat on your wife with 13 women as long as you don't get caught."

"The man don't need to do no practicing during the week."

"I be thinkin Portis still da best back in the da league. Da line ain't blockin. Jason throwing the ball bad. Man, ya'll be back on Portis jock next year."

Wow. Thats being obnoxious and rude. This is his first concussion I believe or it may not be. When hje did play the first 7 games of the season the Oline was horrible, the Oline has gotten a tad better.

Are you thinking about the 2011 draft? Mark Ingram is a true Sophmore and will not be in the 2010 draft.

Should have never traded Bailey for him.

Should have traded him for something years ago. Now worthless.

Thanks Front Office! Razor sharp like always.

Huge indictment to see Betts/Cartwright/Ganther/Mason RB by commitee out perform him behind a makeshift O-line.

If Portis goes, we WILL be drafting a new QB. Look at Danny's history: he got a shiny toy to show off in Lavar who willingly took pleasure in the Danny-boy's attention, LA faded (in part because of the new system) when new toys came into town (Gibbs and CP). CP was Danny's big name from 2004 to 2008 and if CP goes, Danny will want a new toy to show off and I don't think the Rak is willing.

Archived