Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why don't the Skins wear throwbacks anymore?

BrandonJ83

Always loved the look of the early 60's helmets

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1060

Also I found this logo which I never remember seeing before. Does anyone remember it?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=6378

where did you find these? ive never seen either of those.

both would rule, although the indian will never happen.

Nice post.

I due wish they would venture in wearing the alternate jerseys more, I have yet to see one I really dislike. We haven't won in some just because the team hasn't been it's best. That really isn't the best reason to not wear them again. Hell, I wish we had some sort of black jersey. This just gives me more stuff to spend money on!

Ditto on a third black uniform. Mix and match with the burgundy and white. Hell, how about a fourth gold........

Forget the throwbacks...

What happened to our uniforms?

When did our uniform standards start going to ****?

What happened to the White top/Red pant/White sock with red+gold trim look? That's Redskins, that's classic.

Absolutely hate the road socks with the home uni, hate the all white, hate the all red, hate the road uni at home and hate the road uni more than once or twice a year.

Only way we should wear red at home is if we bring back the yellow pant...still would want to see it before doing it.

THe one game we wore them during the 75th anniversary season was the horrendous goal line stand by the Giants and we haven't worn them since.

I was sick with the Norwalk virus during that game, and remember watching the goal line stand from the cold tile floor of my bathroom, hugging the toilet.

To this day, whenever I think of getting really sick, I think of Ladell Betts, stretch left, yellow uniforms, and the Giants.

Yup. The good ole let's run a stretch play 4 times from the two type deal (with a healthy CP on the sideline) :doh:...Was at that game and left mad.

Not sure why but as historic as the redskins are they should roll with a throwback atleast once a year! Can't go by a lost being that we've lost in every uniform.

I was there too, my one game a season. This year it was the Saints game. I might be responsible for our agony.

the solid numbers without outlines....and heavier sleeve stripes are just sharp.

Remember, the Giants went back to an older concept with their Uni's.

Either way, I think going to the yellow/gold pants would be epic.

Yep...two of the best recent uniform changes were the two NY teams. Both the Jets and Giants made a great decision to go old-school and lose the late-70s/early-80s look of their uniforms.

I'd love to see us permanently go back to a more traditional uniform.

Nice post.

I due wish they would venture in wearing the alternate jerseys more, I have yet to see one I really dislike. We haven't won in some just because the team hasn't been it's best. That really isn't the best reason to not wear them again. Hell, I wish we had some sort of black jersey. This just gives me more stuff to spend money on!

ahh the maroon and black

Yep...two of the best recent uniform changes were the two NY teams. Both the Jets and Giants made a great decision to go old-school and lose the late-70s/early-80s look of their uniforms.

I'd love to see us permanently go back to a more traditional uniform.

Agreed.

I think if they cleaned house, brought in a new GM and Coach...all that.It would be a golden chance to do that.

For the record, I don't think "throwbacks" is the proper name for those jerseys. "70th anniversary jerseys" or "alternate jerseys" is probably a better name. That's because the team never wore jerseys that looked like that. The style mimics a popular style worn back then, but our team never wore numbers on the shoulders, or had stripes with the arrowhead like that.

You hit it right on the head man. The way I like to describe the 70th and 75th anniversary unis are as "fauxbacks"....throwback-like unis with modern touches.

Archived