Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are all MLM groups actually scams ?

Mickalino

I'm wondering if anyone here has had an experience, or knowledge of, an MLM that is NOT a scam.

And I'm primarily talking in terms of the quality of the product and the claims it makes, from a buyer's point of view, not from the point of view of becoming a distributor/investor and trying to make money off of it (though feel free to throw in opinions of the latter, if you'd like)

EXAMPLE of what I'm talkin about : Mona Vie - not only is the recruiting part shady, but the PRODUCT itself is a scam. It's a watered down version of Acai juice.

Are all the products usually bogus, with MLM's ?

And oh....if you're currently an MLM Distributor yourself, for the sake of integrity, you're not allowed to answer this. :silly:

As far as I can tell, they are pretty much all scams.

The only people who ever succeed in them are the ones who found them and get in at the very beginning.

Edit - oh wait, you are asking about the products? Some of the products are fine. Amway has some good stuff, I think.

Those MLM schemes that are arguably scams are ones where their focus is on finding as many recruits as possible and charging them high set-up fees.

If their business model is to make money off the products the recruits buy, NOT by making commissions and fees from the recruits themselves being successful, then it will seem very much like a scam for the recruits.

Some of them have truly innovative and high quality products. To be successful in business with one you have to get in early and quickly build a sizeable business. There are a couple of exponential growth spurts, or waves, that you have to be ahead of to have huge success.

there is one called market america that has two different ways to buy product. you have to go through a sales persons portal site for them to get credit but they sell their own line of products but they also have partner sites that you can buy from like best buy, petsmart and other retail stores. the sales people get points based on the dollar amount that someone spends through the portal site, but i read that you have to sell something like 12 grand worth of product before you get a check for 600 bucks.

they make a ton of money off you though because in order to be a distributor for them you have to buy a website for a yearly fee and you have to order a certain amount of their product every month. even then you still dont get to earn commission from them. on top of all that you have to get two more people to sign up for all the same stuff before you can "activate" your account and start making money.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had an experience, or knowledge of, an MLM that is NOT a scam.

And I'm primarily talking in terms of the quality of the product and the claims it makes, from a buyer's point of view, not from the point of view of becoming a distributor/investor and trying to make money off of it (though feel free to throw in opinions of the latter, if you'd like)

EXAMPLE of what I'm talkin about : Mona Vie - not only is the recruiting part shady, but the PRODUCT itself is a scam. It's a watered down version of Acai juice.

Are all the products usually bogus, with MLM's ?

And oh....if you're currently an MLM Distributor yourself, for the sake of integrity, you're not allowed to answer this. :silly:

I'm in the Army and we practically invented acronyms. It has gotten so bad that we can't understand most documents and many conversations without having to actively research the acronyms used. The last few years I've noticed this desease starting to expand to the the civilian world. What the heck does MLM mean?

I'm in the Army and we practically invented acronyms. It has gotten so bad that we can't understand most documents and many conversations without having to actively research the acronyms used. The last few years I've noticed this desease starting to expand to the the civilian world. What the heck does MLM mean?

Multi-Level Marketing.

Basically like a Pyramid Scheme, except it involves the selling of goods.

These are the 3 basic differences.

With MLM

1. Substantial sales of products or services to end users

2. Commissions paid only on product usage, not on new enrollments

3. Company buys back the inventory of terminating participants

Mary Kay is probably about as legit as they get. my wife's done that for years. she makes very little from it, and at this point mainly sells to family and friends here and there. personally i think she spends more than she makes, but she's very good with recordkeeping and insists she ekes out a few hundred bucks a year profit (...at $0 an hour labor....but i'm not looking for an argument!)

Archived