Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Obama was married to a white woman....

ljs

the more I look into this, it seems like there is a "buzz" on the interwebz about this.

One of my employees who is white and has a daughter with a black man. She is now dating another black man. Her current bf is pretty upfront, saying he would never date a black woman b/c "they are scandalous". odd, any woman can be like that.

it almost seems like a form of self hate. How do you not like your own race.

It might be self-hate but I don't think you can make a blanket statement that that's always the case. I think it's just liking something different. It is for me anyway.

I've never dated an American. Never. I dated a white girl but she was from Russia. So I have a Russian, an Indian, a Pakistani, a Mexican and now married to a Brazilian. American chicks just normally don't do it for me. I think they're boring and just too similar for me. I like someone with a different background from a different culture with different life experiences.

I think a lot less African-Americans would have voted for Obama if he were married to a White woman. Heck, I could see less White Americans voting for him too. Why? People are wierd about interracial relationships.

I do find it interesting the growing number of African American males seemingly more interested in White women than African American women, especially the younger generations. Obviously, many of us can and are attracted to others of different races. But we normally end up with someone that is of similar race because that is what we are most comfortable with. And perhaps many inter-racial couples feel comfortable and can identify with the person of another race.

Hot women are hot regardless of their race.

I have dated all types and religions.

That kind of stuff is annoying to me.

However...I havent dated a black woman in over ten years...maybe partially because of those types of attitudes.

What is annoying and what types of attitudes?

What is annoying and what types of attitudes?

It's annoying when people care about religion or race. What difference does it make ? It just seems silly to me. I just want to meet great women. If she was green and coorslightic was her religion I probably would not care.

Let people live their own lives and mind your own business because typically their choice in partner has no affect on anyone.

The attitude part is when you date someone and they talk about something they dont like about certain things about race or religion ad nauseum to the point of disgust.

It's annoying when people care about religion or race. What difference does it make ? It just seems silly to me. I just want to meet great women. If she was green and coorslightic was her religion I probably would not care.

Let people live their own lives and mind your own business because typically their choice in partner has no affect on anyone.

The attitude part is when you date someone and they talk about something they dont like about certain things about race or religion ad nauseum to the point of disgust.

Interesting. Religion and race has played a major role in the history of man kind. Religion is the biggest contributor to war as well as race. Its difficult for anyone to ignore either when in reality, these are the underlying attritbutes that help shape and define who we are.

Race, as an exterior color, can simply be just that. But in reality, it usually comes rich with culture and history that is telling of the background we carry. Many times culture is lost, especially here in America. So some people simply see themselves as Americans, and not White Anglo-Saxon, African-American, African, Chinese, Hispanic etc.

Ignoring race and religion is impossible. Understanding and acceptance of both is important. Considering the Civil Rights movement was not all that long ago, the country has certainly made strides in both understanding and acceptance.

I think further discussion, study, and analysis how both race and religion play a role in our society from a political and societal point of view, only reinforces our growing desire for understanding and subsequent acceptance.

If Obama's wife were White, he would still be a bad president.

If Obama's wife were Asian, he would still be a bad president.

If Obama's wife were Latino, he would still be a bad president.

If Obama's wife were Middle Eastern, he would still be a bad president.

If Obama's wife were true African, he would still be a bad president.

If Obama's was not married , he would still be a bad president.

His masculine wife is not the reason he is what he is.

But we are a multi-cultural world.

I love dating people with different life experiences and cultural differences. It teaches me more how to accept and respect the differences.

I love that I am a pretty well rounded individual that can fit in any situation. I love that the lady that I am dating now is able to do the same.

You obviously have an agenda. Please don't turn it into THAT kind of thread.

It always has been.

I just dont understand the lack of acceptance from some and lack of tollerance by others.

People are people.

I agree. But people feel threatened by change and the unknown. Most people are not "well rounded" individuals as you consider yourself. Growing up in Montgomery County, I don't think I could have experienced more wide array of race, religion, culture, socio-economic status, life styles, and standards of living if I had lived anywhere else.

When I joined the Army, I met kids (other 18 and 19 year olds at the time), that had never met or seen a Black person, IN PERSON until they joined the Army. Heck, there were gang members (of Hispanic and African-American descent) that hadn't made a White friend until they Army.

The truth is the majority of America is ignorant and still sheltered from a lot. With the growth of globalization and the Internet, the gap is closing rapidly.

Well, to the OP's original question, would President Obama being married to a white woman change my vote?

Answer: No. I didn't vote for him, and can't envision who he was married to ever changing that.

Now, there should be little doubt that if he were married to a white woman, he would have gotten fewer votes. From both blacks, and whites.

The trickier question would be,

"If That White Woman Were Sarah Palin, Would It Change Your Vote?" :silly:

While that rant didn't come close to addressing anything that had been in discussion, I am sure it made you fweel a wittle bit bwetter.

Obama would not be president if he were married to a white woman.

He probably would not have come out of the Democratic Primaries because Hillary would have gotten a much larger percentage of the black vote.

(Remember in 2007, Hillary was leading among black voters and there were dozens of articles on whether Obama "was black enough." Obama had to really prove himself to black voters. I don't think he could have done that with a white wife).

Hot women are hot regardless of their race.

I have dated all types and religions.

That kind of stuff is annoying to me.

However...I havent dated a black woman in over ten years...maybe partially because of those types of attitudes.

You know what I find interesting.

I've never met a racist on the internet.

I've been posting to various internet forums since 1996. And I've discussed race a million times. And I've never met a person (aside from MSF here) who has ever said, "You know...I'm not that comfortable around black people." Or "I'm not attacted to black women."

Everyone lives in a multi-cultural paradise. Even Pat Buchanan supporters back in the day had plenty of black friends and black sons in law that they loved.

Except on Free Republic. Those people are not afraid to say what they feel. Which is why my one attempt to post there in 2002 resulted in being banned within five minutes.

Dude have you or any family members suffered from racism? In the work place or in the world? Have you been overwhelmed with images and implications that you will be better off if you alter your image to be that of another race?

A lot of women from other minorities have and still do so I understand. I don't agree with it but I understand.

A better what if would have been if Obama loved Soccer more than Basketball would he even had been reelected as Senator??

interesting comments. I never thought that the color of his wife would have made a difference to people. I wonder though if the difference in voting is more among blacks than whites.

My guess is that being married to a white woman would have really hurt his standing with black female voters during the primaries - who were the core of his support, I might add.

I don't think it would have mattered much during the general. Because white voters with race on their mind voted against him no matter what. It might have hurt him among white senior citizen voters though.

Archived