Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: skins will tryout four kickers Tuesday (MET)

cmoskins80

45+. You have to make a decent amount of those. That way you avoid giving opponents a short field, and your offense can know they can drive to the 35 yard line and count on 3 as long as they hold onto the ball. Suisham has never been good at those, he just doesn't have good leg strength.

This, I think, is the greatest misconception about Suisham. The reason is probably because of where his kickoffs land. However, he almost always has more than enough distance for his 40+ yard field goals. In fact, I remember twice when announcers said that he was effortlessly punching in 50+ yard field goals.

He has the leg strength. He doesn't have the clutch factor and his accuracy is in question.

Funny thing is Suisam was the most accurate kicker in Redskins history, then he misses the one vs the Saints and the village people get angry.. which i dont blame them for. I saw on the news that he was the most accurate kicker we've ever had.. maybe they messed that up? I dont have all the numbers in front of me for kickers all time here.
I mean, it has to be Mark Mosely and Chip Lohmiller, right?
On channel 4 tonight they said it was Suisam.. that cant be right and i wasnt hearing things because i remember laughing to myself.. surprised there isnt a thread on it in here to be honest :hysterical:

It's Suisham.

But only due to the fact that kickers league wide have gotten more and more accurate as time has gone on. Techniques and training has gotten much better to the point where it really effects the play of the kicker.

Curt Knight 57.7%.

Moseley kicked 66.2%.

Lohmiller 71.4%.

Scott Blanton 73.3%.

Brett Conway 75.4%.

John Hall 78.3%.

Shaun Suisham is about 79.3%.

As you can see, as time has gone on, each kicker has gotten more and more accurate. That list I just posted is in chronological order. Suisham is close to being bumped off by John Hall for being the most accurate kicker we've ever had.

Hall would have been very good for us if he could stay healthy.

another symptom of the dysfunction at Redskins' Park. Snyder should be at the park late night looking for a replacement for Vinny, not looking to replace a kicker in the final quarter of a woeful season. I swear I will not renew my tickets if Vinny is still there, keep ****ing with us Danny, keep ****ing with us, see where it takes you. You think we can't see through this, see how ridiculous it is to go looking for kickers now just because you're mad?

Read my mind.

Replacing the kicker when you have much bigger problems on your team is such a Norv move.

Landry has lost us games. Suisham hasn't.

Suisham has won us games. Landry has done nothing since being drafted here but pose and flex.

Oh well.

At least we will get to have Nick Novak back, he of the fifty percent fg convert rate and still get to watch Landry give up big plays, miss tackles and prance around like a moran.

Replacing the kicker here sets a precedence. It's not like this is the first clutch field goal he's missed. It's a message.

That said, we should absolutely be on the waiver wire looking for safeties. Obviously, Lendy Holmes isn't the answer at the moment. So let's find someone that can play free safety and get them in here.

Replacing the kicker here sets a precedence. It's not like this is the first clutch field goal he's missed. It's a message.

That said, we should absolutely be on the waiver wire looking for safeties. Obviously, Lendy Holmes isn't the answer at the moment. So let's find someone that can play free safety and get them in here.

Benching Landry would send a louder message.

Benching Landry would send a louder message.

You won't see me disagree with that.

But why does it have to be one or the other?

It's multi-tasking. Sending a message. Now is a GREAT time to send a message. We suck. We have nothing to lose at this point. Put the players on notice that we're not going to take the crap anymore.

Read the comments they're funny.. Everyone calling us overrated lol.. The media honestly rates a steaming pile of poop higher than us.. but of course if you're a raiders fan, poop might as well be gold.

Careful. The Raiders have a better record than we do.

Yeah but they've beat cupcake teams like Philly, Cincy, Pittsburgh and KC....

If we played those easy teams every year I bet we could get 4 wins too... lol...

I see what you did there :)

At least we lost to stud teams... Like Kansas City... And Detroit... :)

I would play the rest of the season without a FG. At 3-9, we should be going for it on fourth down anyway. Go for two every time after a TD and eliminate the extra point. What do we have to lose? Use the roster spot for another RB off of someone else's practice squad. Pick up another kicker during training camp.

Read my mind.

Replacing the kicker when you have much bigger problems on your team is such a Norv move.

Landry has lost us games. Suisham hasn't.

Suisham has won us games. Landry has done nothing since being drafted here but pose and flex.

Oh well.

At least we will get to have Nick Novak back, he of the fifty percent fg convert rate and still get to watch Landry give up big plays, miss tackles and prance around like a moran.

Suisham has lost us two games this year missing gimme field goals - Dallas and the Saints. For a kicker to keep his job thats at least one too many. I would not cut him though unless you can find a kicker who is better - and that will probably have to wait until the end of the season

Landry is also an issue - but a different one and unrelated to cutting a kicker who is costing us games.

Landry is a good player - certainly a starting calibre NFL Safety - just not the all world player we (and he) think he is. He needs to be taught the error of his ways with some tough coaches who insist he wraps up in tackles and sticks to his responsibilities in zone.

By the way its 'Moron' not 'Moran".

Archived