Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: skins will tryout four kickers Tuesday (MET)

cmoskins80

Awesome.

Folks maynot like Nick Novack for whatever reason. But, lets not forget we was an awesome clutch college kicker. Accurate, and steady. During his brief stint here with the Skins he did help us win games ... and, made a couple of key clutch keys that helped us secure a victory.

We should have this competition during pre-season. Better late than never!

Didn't Novak also miss a clutch FG at the end of that game?

Yea but it was a long FG though. He missed from like 40+ yds out initially but made a longer one to win the game. He didn't choke on a chip shot 23 yarder!

I never knew why we cut Novack in the first place? He was much better than John Hall.

Funny thing is Suisam was the most accurate kicker in Redskins history, then he misses the one vs the Saints and the village people get angry.. which i dont blame them for. I saw on the news that he was the most accurate kicker we've ever had.. maybe they messed that up? I dont have all the numbers in front of me for kickers all time here.

Funny thing is Suisam was the most accurate kicker in Redskins history, then he misses the one vs the Saints and the village people get angry.. which i dont blame them for. I saw on the news that he was the most accurate kicker we've ever had.. maybe they messed that up? I dont have all the numbers in front of me for kickers all time here.

His two missed field goals in Dallas didn't help his cause.

His two missed field goals in Dallas didn't help his cause.

Never said it did, but we didnt start bringing in kickers then at that point.

Does anyone know where to find who the best kickers in Redskins history were? statistically speaking of course..

That's the way of the world for kickers. You have a short leash. He's very accurate from short distance. But as an NFL kicker, no one really cares that you make all the kicks from 33 yards in the middle of the third quarter. You earn and keep (or lose) your job in two situations.

45+. You have to make a decent amount of those. That way you avoid giving opponents a short field, and your offense can know they can drive to the 35 yard line and count on 3 as long as they hold onto the ball. Suisham has never been good at those, he just doesn't have good leg strength.

Clutch. You HAVE to make the clutch kicks. Fair or not, that's just the way it is, the same way closers HAVE to make saves. And Suisham missed the one in Seattle in the playoffs, the two against Dallas, and the one yesterday. If fans can start rattling off your big misses, you're in trouble.

Never said it did, but we didnt start bringing in kickers then at that point.

Does anyone know where to find who the best kickers in Redskins history were? statistically speaking of course..

I mean, it has to be Mark Mosely and Chip Lohmiller, right?

I mean, it has to be Mark Mosely and Chip Lohmiller, right?

On channel 4 tonight they said it was Suisam.. that cant be right and i wasnt hearing things because i remember laughing to myself.. surprised there isnt a thread on it in here to be honest :hysterical:

That is great news. To miss a kick like that is unforgivable, not to mentioned that he probably cost us the Cowboys game.

The only comfort is that it didn't cost us a playoff spot, and may help with the draft pick. Still hurts though when they had a chance to be king for a day. The fact that they will change kickers will help in the healing process.

Archived