Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Offseason Thread

StillUnknown

Someone gave Ozzie Guillen a Twitter account

I'm going to go ahead and say this is the best twitter account by a MLB manager. That guy is hilarious.

LMAO

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/2520/ozzie-guillen-doesnt-need-twitter-to-spout-off

Guillen spoke Wednesday morning with general manager Ken Williams, who was upset that Guillen had an account and wanted the focus to be on baseball and not a reality television show or Twitter. Guillen said Williams was worried until Guillen explained his intentions.

When manager Bobby Cox said that the Braves will probably install nets to protect cars from Jason Heyward’s prodigious batting-practice home runs, reporters thought he was kidding.

He was not kidding.

“I’m serious,” Cox said Thursday at Champion Stadium. “Smashing too many cars.”

Heyward has created a buzz that’s transcended Braves camp and spread throughout baseball, with tales of the 20-year-old outfield prospect’s hitting exploits becoming the stuff of blog- and Twitter-fueled legend.

As Braves assistant general manager Bruce Manno could attest, this is not myth. This stuff is happening — Manno has an $3,400 estimate for repairs as proof

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/02/25/call-them-the-jason-heyward-nets/

Are we going to start a ES fantasy baseball league?

I was looking around Yahoo and I noticed a league from last year...finished 11th out of 12 :(

I posted something in the Fantasy Forum about it. I ran the league last year and I'm down for doing it again. I think as of right now we have 5 or 6 people who are interested.

new offseason wishlist for the Mets...

an F'n strength and conditioning coach :mad:

...these strains and pulls are becoming unbearable

LMAO!!! The Mets have a very very long wishlist. That is towards the end. Maybe you need a pitching staff, first. LMAO!! It's possible that the Nats finish the season ahead of the Mets. HAHAHAH

GO PHILLIES!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/03/09/floating-realignment/index.html?eref=sihp

One example of floating realignment, according to one insider, would work this way: Cleveland, which is rebuilding with a reduced payroll, could opt to leave the AL Central to play in the AL East. The Indians would benefit from an unbalanced schedule that would give them 18 home dates against the Yankees and Red Sox instead of their current eight. A small or mid-market contender, such as Tampa Bay or Baltimore, could move to the AL Central to get a better crack at postseason play instead of continually fighting against the mega-payrolls of New York and Boston.

Divisions still would loosely follow geographic lines; no team would join a division more than two time zones outside its own, largely to protect local television rights (i.e., start times of games) and travel costs.

Floating realignment also could mean changing the number of teams in a division, teams changing leagues and interleague games throughout the season, according to several sources familiar with the committee's discussions. It is important to remember that the committee's talks are very preliminary and non-binding.

This sounds like a horrible idea!

LMAO!!! The Mets have a very very long wishlist. That is towards the end. Maybe you need a pitching staff, first. LMAO!! It's possible that the Nats finish the season ahead of the Mets. HAHAHAH

GO PHILLIES!

are you basing "pitching staff" need off last year when we sent 4 starters to the dl throughout the season while still finishing only .3 era off the phillies...also in which a year we had 7 of 8 fielding starters on the DL atleast once? which in that case, not many teams score runs with multiple backups starting.

Or are you talking about our starting pitching staff in 2008, where we blew 29 saves and still won 89 games...when our starting pitching was top 12 in the mlb and top 5 in the nl?

the injuries have been ridiculous and preventable considering the majority are pulls and strains...

"opinions" like this I find funny...yes we choked 2 straights years - i've come to forcefully accept it but seriously without constant injuries this is a good team

Archived