Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Offseason Thread

StillUnknown

Wow what a crazy Baseball day today, Sox are closing in on Lackey for 5 yr 85 mill, and now there are reports (foxsports and others) that Halladay and his agent are in Philly possibly discussing a longterm deal with the phillies. They also say cliff Lee would be in the trade.

Wow what a crazy Baseball day today, Sox are closing in on Lackey for 5 yr 85 mill, and now there are reports (foxsports and others) that Halladay and his agent are in Philly possibly discussing a longterm deal with the phillies. They also say cliff Lee would be in the trade.

That would be dumb for the Phillies. Why would you trade away Lee? He was a big part of their team in the postseason.

i'm not sure i understand that deal if Lee is involved

Lee + Halladay = unstoppable

the phillies saw last season having only 1 shutdown pitcher was not enough. they'd be trading one shutdown pitcher for another

Yeah I'm not sure how this helps the Phillies. Halladay is good and all, but Lee isn't some scrub. I feel it wouldn't make a big difference.

i'm not sure i understand that deal if Lee is involved

Lee + Halladay = unstoppable

the phillies saw last season having only 1 shutdown pitcher was not enough. they'd be trading one shutdown pitcher for another

Details are not known, but it may be a three team deal, so the phils may be also getting another player/pitcher.

mariners come out the best in this deal, King Felix & Lee has to make them favorites to win the division

not really sure what the Phillies are thinking

Being a baseball person, and having a baseball mind it's a very smart move by the Phillies. Yes Lee was dominate in the postseason, and when while he was with the Phillies, but Lee is a left handed pitcher. The Phillies already have Happ and Hamels who are both lefties, and the Phillies feel they can be a staple in there rotation for years to come.

What was the Phillies weakness? Not having a dominate starting right-hander. In this trade that is what they get, an Ace and a dominate right hander.

Phillies where also thinking that if Lee was good in the AL, and then came to the NL and was dominate, that Halladay could do the same thing. Remember Halladay pitched in the hardest division in baseball, and was still dominate.

All in all, the Phillies made the right move in moving Lee for Halladay. If it was any other pitcher, I don't think it would have been the right move.

Man I got laughed at when I said the Rangers would finish 3rd. **** Texas.

Seattle

Anaheim

Texas

OAKLAND

Sorry royallypwned, Rangers are cursed

Texas wins the AL West with a rotation which is young and clearly not as good as Seattle's? **** Elvis and **** Rich Harden. Seattle is winning that division.

All in all, the Phillies made the right move in moving Lee for Halladay. If it was any other pitcher, I don't think it would have been the right move.

I think so too, & I bet Gillick had something to do with it.

deal looks to be Roy to Philly, Lee to the M's, since his agent did not want to sign an extension last month(wants Yankee type $), Lee's out for prospects, some Philly will keep & some will go to the Jays for Roy. Looks like 3 coming back to the Jays, Haap, a Philly OF prospect (they have 2, I think) & then Aumount from the M's. The Mariners are also interested in Overbay, which could see more prospects thrown the Jays way. Pretty much like Ken Rosenthal "guessed" on Monday.

Sucks if Jays dont get a stud starter or player out of the deal, if this is it, because it could kill the Jays if they don't at least make the playoff's. Losing Roy to free agency & rebuilding is one thing, but to trade him & rebuild is something I don't think the fanbase will stand for.

Archived