Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Offseason Thread

StillUnknown

I was thinking the same thing too. He was their best pitcher and they basically gave him away for nothing.

yeah i'm surprised they let him go for Cabrera. Vazquez always struck me as more of a national league pitcher though. i'm not sure how well he'll do with the yanks. he wont have as much pressure this time around as he will be 3rd in the rotation

this move probably means that Joba will be the primary setup man for Rivera next season since they definitely want to move Hughes back into the rotation

Good move by the Red Sox. I like what they are doing. Instead of loading up on hitter to try to out hit the Yankees, which will be tough to do, they decided to load up on pitching and defense. The Red Sox won't be winning by scoring 8 to 10 runs a game anymore. They'll have a lot of low scoring games, which should work to their advantage.

Good move for the Cards to re-sign Holliday. Now they need to work on locking up Pujols long-term.

Sad to see Randy Johnson go. Easily one of the best pitchers of all-time. He pretty much accomplished everything he could. Won a World Series, World Series MVP, 5 time Cy Young Winner, perfect game, no-hitter, 300 wins, and 2nd all-time in Ks. 1st ballot HoFer for sure!

Good for RJ. Save a forgettable few years in NYC (and he really didn't do that bad for the Pinstripes IMO) he was a fine pitcher.

Several Randy Johnson memories

- The time he hit a bird while pitching

- The time he appeared in a commercial with Jim Rome staffer Kyle Brandt

- The time he told that reporter "Don't talk back to me all right"

Good for RJ. Save a forgettable few years in NYC (and he really didn't do that bad for the Pinstripes IMO) he was a fine pitcher.

Several Randy Johnson memories

- The time he hit a bird while pitching

- The time he appeared in a commercial with Jim Rome staffer Kyle Brandt

- The time he told that reporter "Don't talk back to me all right"

Another classic is the All-Star game at Camden Yards when he was pitching to John Kruck.

Archived