Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Betts may have played last game as Redskin

MattFancy

I certainly hope not. Betts is an outstanding 2nd running back in two-back tandem. Get well, Betts...hope to see you on the field in B&G next season.

I'm so sick of hearing about this "two-back tandem". What two back tandem? The CP running up someones back and Betts coming in on 3rd down for no yards? That tandem? A lot good that tandem has done us. We need to completely blow up our backfield and start over.

I was a huge CP supporter but he's lost his desire. He has no fear of losing his job so he doesn't practice and does nothing to make himself better. He has been upstaged by a backup running back in Betts. It's sad. I love CP blocking but he's lost all ability to find an opening.

Yeah we could use a speed back but I would really prefer a big bruising 250 pounder in here and for us to go back to a power running game.

Only way I would want a big bruiser is if we get the perfect speed back to compliment him. Big bruiser RBs aren't really putting fear in the defenses as much these days.

Jacobs in NY isn't doing so hot, even when he was he had speed backs to compliment...but then you could argue the plays start becoming predictable depending on which back is in.

Personally, as much as it PAINS me to say...I would love to have the setup Dallas had...Barber is a power back who runs with force but can still break off some long runs.

Felix Jones, although rarely healthy, will rip off some runs with speed on the edge but can still run between the tackles...then they have Choice who can do a number of things as well.

**Edit** I agree with ZOED, we have no RB tandem, not at all. Betts does well for us at times but only when he has several carries, he isn't a starter IMO and he also can't get going off 7-9 carries a game.

Portis was an absolute beast and I appreciate every bit of work he put in here....but sadly, he doesn't have much to offer anymore and it is time to put RB on our major need list with o-line/qb.

I certainly hope not. Betts is an outstanding 2nd running back in two-back tandem. Get well, Betts...hope to see you on the field in B&G next season.

If your #1 RB has gotten to the point where he is brittle by NFL standards, then your #2 cannot be brittle as well.

Time to address OL and RB this off-season, in a big way.

CP isnt finished.

I suggest you stop watching the 2005 season. Portis is hurt once again, and has shown all year long that even when he is healthy he has no speed through a hole. By the time he hits the hole its closed. Even when he does get through the hole, he lacks the break away speed to create a big run. He will follow his blockers instead of cutting it outside. So summing up, 0 vision and 0 speed means CP is done.

sorry to see Ladell go down. if he comes back he won't be good as new for quite some time. will Ladell be able to show enough during next years camp to be among the best 53 players the redskins could possibly put on the field next season? right now the answer seems to be no.

30+ is ANCIENT for a running back. With his age, salary, and accumulated injuries, I think we have to say bye-bye Betts. 2006 was a nice memory, but I doubt we'll see him again in 2010.

First and foremost Portis isn't finished by a long shot. Poor O-Line is the reason he hasn't produced this year. Secondly, Betts isn't the answer because if he was he would have been on the field more but because of injuiries he hasn't been. he is more of a liability than Portis. Lastly Rock Cartwright isn't a #1 RB or even a #2. He is serviceable and if he was good enough to start he would have overtaken Betts and Portis both. Why do you think that no one in the league came a knocking when he was a free agent before we resigned him? He is only a KR at best and not a very good one lately. So Mason is back which means Cartwright will start this week but don't be surprised if he returns to KR with Mason and Ganther taking most of the reps for the rest of the season. Mason is the most likely one to be the starter for the rest of the season and will make the team next season as the back up to Portis.

30+ is ANCIENT for a running back.

Tell that to Ricky Williams, who is flourishing, despite his age, because over the last 5 years his body hasn't taken nearly that abuse that many RBs his age have. So yes, age is important, but so are carries. That's why Portis is showing signs of decline well before 30, and guys like Turner and Sproles will be productive INTO their 30's. It's not just about age, but also the pouding they take.

Lendale White's only 25 and I bet the Titans let him walk. Seems like he's gotten his head on straight now, not to mention losing 40 lbs before this season by quitting his daily dose of liquor.

He would make a great two-back tandem guy: CP and Lendale, or Lendale and a draftee/Rock.

Spiller and Lendale would be a nice young tandem.

Spiller and Lendale would be a nice young tandem.

Probably, but isn't Spiller projected as a 1st/2nd rounder? Unless we have multiple 2nd rounders, I don't want to spend anything above a 3rd on RB.

Assuming we have this uncapped season, let's cut CP, pick up Lendale (I'm banking on his availability), draft the best RB left on the board around the 3rd, and let that guy compete with Rock for the #2 spot (and hopefully beat him out). Youth movement now!

Probably, but isn't Spiller projected as a 1st/2nd rounder? Unless we have multiple 2nd rounders, I don't want to spend anything above a 3rd on RB.

Assuming we have this uncapped season, let's cut CP, pick up Lendale (I'm banking on his availability), draft the best RB left on the board around the 3rd, and let that guy compete with Rock for the #2 spot (and hopefully beat him out). Youth movement now!

I really dont see a problem in picking up a 1st round talent RB. This team will not be fixed in one offseason. A stud RB could be a very nice building block. If we wanna go with an RB in round 4 we might wanna look at Lagarrett Blount.

Archived