Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC 101: Cooley expecting to go on IR today (MET)

BALLz

At this point, I think he should. Let's see what we have in Fred Davis and, since the season is all but over, give him time to heal and come back stronger for 2010.

Yeah, he was pretty bummed about it. But it's probably best to shut it down at this point.

I think Cooley going on the IR should have already happened. We love him and he is a great player no doubt. But have we really suffered that much losing him? Fred Davis has shown his worth and deserves to play.

I think they were waiting to make sure, no harm in that. Cooley is the only saving grace for Campbell or was for this year. I still hope at some point we see some creativity from the O using the two TE's together. Albeit next year.

We've had some decent TE in camp the last couple years. Jason Goode was solid in the '08 pre season and I think Robbie Agnone was decent in camp this year. Maybe we'll sign one of them.

Agnone is with the Patriots.

I'm sorry to see this and I'm sure Cooley is sorry to see it too, but if he's not able to contribute much for the rest of the season it is probably best to shut him down. Too bad, because he was having a really good season.

Archived