Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC 101: Cooley expecting to go on IR today (MET)

BALLz

They should have just put him on IR to begin with. I'm as big of a Cooley fan as you will find but it was dumb to try to get him back this quick.

Agreed. I was hoping they'd shut him down for the year, and give him a huge jumpstart on next season. No need to risk injury in a lost season, just make sure he heals up properly.

Agnone is with the Patriots.

Spnecer Havner, who we signed UDFA out OF UCLA a couple of seasons back, sat on Min and GB's practice aquad and is now looking pretty good as a LB converted to TE. He plays like Cooley-Lite.....

Oh well. Mayeb we can sign the TE out of Mich we drafted a fews seasons back and never even wore a uniform? Ekkard or Ellard? something like that...

Or Maybe bring Dallas Sartz in and convert him to TE. He was big and athletic...

Cooley Vs. Davis will make a good preseason battle.

Cooley vs. Davis should be used to make one of them trade bait. Too much talent at an over-rated position. There are more important positions to fill, and TE we are fine even without one of them.

An even more interesting battle would be Yoder vs. Sellars at Fullback. Yoder is productive everytime he is in. Even though Sellars is a beast, he is hit or miss.

Spnecer Havner, who we signed UDFA out OF UCLA a couple of seasons back, sat on Min and GB's practice aquad and is now looking pretty good as a LB converted to TE. He plays like Cooley-Lite.....

Oh well. Mayeb we can sign the TE out of Mich we drafted a fews seasons back and never even wore a uniform? Ekkard or Ellard? something like that...

Or Maybe bring Dallas Sartz in and convert him to TE. He was big and athletic...

Havner is a FB with GB. I remember SF trying that with another one of our undrafted LBs as well. (Name escapes me for the moment.)

In the meantime, I assume that the team will use guys like Sellers and Alexander in the TE position, at least for blocking.

Was expected and I like the decision. Gives us a chance to bring some others in to help us squeak a couple of wins out of this dreadful season.

Don't have to worry about him coming back hopefully and re-injuring himself. Gives him a chance to be more than 100% healthy for training camp.

Archived