Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Redskins lose Betts, Rinehart for 2009 (MET)

Redskinzfan30

that could be all she wrote for Betts' career

Sadly, I agree. Betts is a 30 year old running back with a shredded knee. We need a better all around back to complement Portis (sorry guys, he isn't going anywhere) and that can be had in the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th round. I would've been cool with him being the 3rd head of a new three headed monster, but now I feel it's time to move on. He isn't going to get any better then what we've seen. That's it.

I hate it for Betts, but i like Rock back there better i want someone who can get more then 15 yards for his long in a game. Rock has some speed that the defenders don't know about and slips by them even portis can't do that anymore. That being said bring back Mason or Alridge if thier available might as well find someone young for the future!!??

I can't remember seeing such UTTER DECIMATION of a team by injuries. All of our other problems aside, these injuries are just uncanny!!!

Can any of you remember any team in any year with more injuries than us this year? I can't recall anything like this in my lifetime.

I remember 1992 or 1993 was really bad to the Skins in terms of injuries. But honestly this year isn't THAT bad. How many starters are out, 5? The Saints had 7 starters hurt yesterday.

10, actually.

Ah I guess I didn't account for the replacement starters like Betts and Rhinehart.

I guess this is what happens when you're a running team with old running backs and o-linemen. Its astounding we've had the exact same running backs for 6 years without ever bringing any youth in.

You can not as it would accelerate his cap hit. You can only cut CP if we have an uncapped year next year. I would realign his deal in the uncapped year so that he can be cut in 2011 and see if this year off (put him on IR) would help him. We have other issues more important than RB to worry about.

I didnt mean today necessarily, if 2010 is uncapped he can be gone in Jan. Acceleration of cap hit won't matter. His redskin career needs to be over, I loved him in his prime but all good things must end.:)

Time to employ two RB tandem. Portis and Cartwright could be it. But considering Portis is out indefinitely, we need to sign a young talent at RB position ASAP.

Another position on the team where there has been no long term planning. Portis, Betts and Cartwright are all old for RBs. Portis has had too many carries and is beaten down. He would be better off going on IR and having surgery on his ankles for the bone spurs. If Skins are going to keep him for one more year due to the guaranteed salary I would prefer to have him healthy for one year. Betts has low mileage but an MCL/ACL takes at least one year and he'll be 31 next season. Cartwright is up there in age as well as being a bit more limited in his abilities. I'm happy for him that he's going to get the chance to be the starter for some of this season (it's probably his last opportunity in the NFL).

However, Skins should not devote their first or second round picks on a RB this offseason. They need a stop gap solution until they can rebuild the OL and fill in pieces on the Defense.

Well, after we thought we got lucky with the injury bug this year, it sure has come back with a vengence in the last month or so.

So far we've lost:

-Samuels*

-Thomas*

-Portis (out indefinately)

-Cooley (Possible IR candidate still)

-Betts (IR bound)

-Rinehart (IR bound)

-Colt*

-Horton*

* indicates IR

So much for catching a break this year. :doh:

Who was it that burned the bridge? Aldridge or Mason?

Either way, if none are signed to another team's active roster, then they'd sign again in a heartbeat.

Mason supposedly burned his bridge when he was last released, but they resigned him...GO FIGGUR! NOw I would also resign Alridge, but that's me.

lol

Thank-you for your thread.

For the title, the rules state you should include Source. This means to include the source itself, not the word "Source" as you did. See rule 10.

In addition, your thread title should be the same as the title of the news article. You should not editorialize the title. See rule 8.

Thanks again

Archived