Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks for such a well officiated game refs.

Mooka

Let's blame the refs. Forget an entire game without a subjective penalty called (no holding, PI, hands to the face) only pre-snap plus a few generous spots and a no call on an ntentional grounding, we've got to be able to find something we can ***** about besides the sorry state of the franchise.

BTW, was it just me or did it look like the DE jumped on the play when JC threw his final pic? I didn't see the replay so i wasnt sure

Actually if u look real close Ware even lined up offside on that particular play (if someone can post a screenshot of when they lined up it would be appreciated) and while I understand that one play does not lose a game, this play sealed the fate of our team. Because of his jump Ware was the one who forced Campbell out of the pocket and rushed his throw.

The refs were okay today. We're really reaching if we want to complain about the officiating. They had no impact on the outcome of this game.
Reaching? That was horrendous officiating. Did you see that nonsense at the end of the half?

Who said they had an impact on the game?

I thought that Linemen could be within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage?
1 yard.

He just got a real good jump at the snap. That was legit.

^This^

OL can block a guy all the way down the field on any play, as long as he's engaged with the defender, once he's not engaged he needs to drop to a knee to avoid the flag on a passing play. That seems to be the case here with Kosier. As for Gurode, the guidline for officials to use is the offending player must be more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage prior to the pass. Gurode's right at one yard in that shot. Maybe he's two yards past when Romo sits to pee throws it, but then you're nitpicking.

^and this^

Yea, thanks for nothing. Was a booth review really so complicated? That took them literally 10-15 minutes to sort out. The game had 400 commercial breaks already. Didn't really need extra down time for their incompetence.

Oh and btw.

Is right in front of your face!!!!!!!!! :finger:

Someone needs to learn the rules. Gurode can block the defensive lineman all the way into the endzone if he wants to, as long as he is engaged in a block it is NOT, and never has been, subject to the illegal man downfield rule.

As for Kosier, he is right at the 9 yard line, thus he is within one yard of the line of scrimmage. That is within the rules.

So, yes Refs, thanks for a fairly well-officiated game. :):):D

Someone needs to learn the rules. Gurode can block the defensive lineman all the way into the endzone if he wants to, as long as he is engaged in a block it is NOT, and never has been, subject to the illegal man downfield rule.
Gurode is fine.
As for Kosier, he is right at the 9 yard line, thus he is within one yard of the line of scrimmage. That is within the rules.

So, yes Refs, thanks for a fairly well-officiated game. :):):D

Kosier is clearly past the 9 yard line.

If you thought that was a fairly well-officiated game, then you are a complete fool. That debacle at half time was embarrassing. The refs were also giving very questionable spots. I think Randle-El actually spotted a ball himself.

Gurode is fine.

Kosier is clearly past the 9 yard line.

If you thought that was a fairly well-officiated game, then you are a complete fool. That debacle at half time was embarrassing. The refs were also giving very questionable spots. I think Randle-El actually spotted a ball himself.

I am sorry, I mistyped. I am not sure who it is that is beyond the line, as he is down on the ground tangled up with a 'Skin in the picture and I can not remember from when I saw it live.

However, neither is in violation of the illegal man downfield rule. One is standing right at the 9 and is not engaged with a defensive player. He is fine, as he is not yet passed the yard past the LoS.

The other is engaged with a defensive player and is not subject to the illegal man downfield rule.

OL can block a guy all the way down the field on any play, as long as he's engaged with the defender, once he's not engaged he needs to drop to a knee to avoid the flag on a passing play. That seems to be the case here with Kosier. As for Gurode, the guidline for officials to use is the offending player must be more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage prior to the pass. Gurode's right at one yard in that shot.

But Gurode wasn't engaged with Golston until they were DOWNFIELD. He engaged him at the point that you see them on the ground. Golston took off at that angle in anticipation of a Romo sits to pee run, Gurode came and then blocked him DOWNFIELD. I'm pretty sure that is not permitted.

Maybe he's two yards past when Romo sits to pee throws it, but then you're nitpicking.

From my experience, most ineligible receiver downfield calls are nitpicking. A lot of penalties are nitpicking, as often the offender is gaining no advantage on the play with the violation.

This call was blown. Would it have mattered? I dunno :whoknows:.

Here's what I love about threads like this. People show you a picture. The picture shows a penalty clear as day. And then instead of discussing the mistake the defenders rush in to say the refs had no impact on the game and it's just whining.

To me, you all sound like a three year old standing in front of a broken cookie jar claiming that you never touched it and if you did that was had no impact on it getting broken. One side lays evidence, shows evidence, and the other simply waves it aside.

We weren't getting a lot of calls in pukesville...

There was a take down of one of our d-line on a crucial 3rd down pick up by the pukes that wasn't called.

I don't mind some home field advantage in calls, but we never seem to get our share.

The refs did have a brutal game.

I think the worst of it was two of their spots on 3rd and short plays.

Betts looked really close on one play early in the game and the refs gave him a horrible spot and immediately declared it 4th down. Barber was clearly stopped short of the first down later in the game and yet the refs not only gave him a generous spot, again they didn't even bother to measure and just declared it a first down.

They didn't lose us that game, but they were indeed awful.

Here's what I love about threads like this. People show you a picture. The picture shows a penalty clear as day. And then instead of discussing the mistake the defenders rush in to say the refs had no impact on the game and it's just whining.

To me, you all sound like a three year old standing in front of a broken cookie jar claiming that you never touched it and if you did that was had no impact on it getting broken. One side lays evidence, shows evidence, and the other simply waves it aside.

I bet if we freeze frame a picture for every play you can find a penalty.

You really want to do that?

On that play, I'm more pissed that Orakpo had a sack and failed to wrap up rather than worrying a Cowboy player being about a yard over the LOS.

If it makes anyone feel better, the Pats/Jets first half ending was just as terrible as ours. Refs had to review a play, took like 5 minutes to do so, then ended up reversing a call, then ended up placing the ball on the wrong spot, then had to get called again by the booth before finally putting the ball on the right spot (they were off by like 5 yards). Pats then ran one play and kicked it with 15 seconds left only to miss the FG. Only difference was, Pats were already ahead by like two TDs. :(

Reaching? That was horrendous officiating. Did you see that nonsense at the end of the half?

The refs took their time at the end of the first half, and ended up getting it right.

If one of the officials knew right off the bat what the proper call was after that convoluted sequence of events - out of bounds or incomplete pass?, under two minutes, delay of game penalty, booth review of play prior to delay of game penalty, booth review allowed because another snap had not occurred due to delay of game penalty, play before delay of game overturned by booth review thanks to delay of game penalty, delay of game penalty waived off because... who knows why?... - I would have saluted that ref. But I think it's unfair to call the officiating "horrendous" because they took some time to sort through that mess in order to get it right.

I'm not blaming the refs for our loss like some are, but man, they really need to go to a full-time system because they seem lost out there at times. I couldn't believe that they didn't realize that the previous penalty wasn't nullified when JC threw the ball away before stepping out of bounds and the call was reversed.

No, that was just plain idiocy. Zorn basically iced Suisham right there. I've said it before in other threads, Zorn didn't have trust in himself or his players and proved that he doesn't deserve to be a head coach.

Same exact thought for me... Zorn iced his own ****ing kicker. Fire this fool.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112201/2009/REG11/redskins@cowboys#tab:watch

LOS on the 10yard line

1:50 mark (ball snap)

Griffin is met by Kosier & Gurode at the 11

Kosier patty cakes him and backs off (disengage), Gurode takes over at the 12

Gurode pushes Griffen back to the 9

Griffen sees Romo sits to pee to his right, runs a pursuit (Griffen at the 8)

Kosier runs up and cut blocks at the 8, Romo sits to pee on the 15

Gurode continues forward to the 7, Romo sits to pee opens and throws on the 12 (01:57 mark)

Thank you!

I cant believe some of the things I'm reading. I looked at the reply in regular time and noticed Kosier dive 5 yds past the LOS to chop Golston. It's plain as day it should be a penalty. That's a 10yd penalty.. It would've been 2nd & Goal from the 20yd line! We definitely still had a chance.

hopefully ill get to rewatch the game some time today so i cant really comment on specifics ..... but i will say that it seems that the refs in this league have become increasingly bad the last 5 or 6 years.....

before that i never saw so many missed or poorly called penalties.....

Archived