Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn-Replace Vinny with Holmgren

rumplestilskin

They know each other, they worked with each other successfully and they run the same offense. Sherman lewis stays on as the OC/play caller or maybe give Zorn another chance. Holmgren will find the right personnel for the system already in place so we dont have to start at ground zero again. Do you think I am nuts or is there some logic to this?

The thought crossed my mind but what makes more sense is this. Snyder hires Shanahan as GM/HC, then Shanahan demotes Vinny to some other position within the organization as Shanahan and Vinny are supposidly good friends. Snyder doesn't make the move but Shanahan does. It doesn't make Snyder look like the bad guy. This way everyone's happy. Shanahan's in control, Vinny's still getting a paycheck from Snyder etc..

They know each other, they worked with each other successfully and they run the same offense. Sherman lewis stays on as the OC/play caller or maybe give Zorn another chance. Holmgren will find the right personnel for the system already in place so we dont have to start at ground zero again. Do you think I am nuts or is there some logic to this?

mixed-nuts.jpg

Why do we want to keep a man that gutlessly in recent weeks has continued to put up with all the public humiliation management throws at him, aside from his, uhmm, coaching "ability's?"

We want him to continue leading, (said with tongue FIRMLY in cheek), 53 men?

Hail.

Agreed, GHH. He wants his $5,000,000. That's it.

Agreed, GHH. He wants his $5,000,000. That's it.

So it would appear RWJ.

On the one hand I can appreciate him taking them for all he can; but, on the other, and speaking personally, I would neither give them the satisfaction of eventually firing me, nor would my self respect allow them to publicly humiliate me and my position the way they have.

But I guess the mighty dollar rules all with some people, shrugs.

Hail.

So it would appear RWJ.

On the one hand I can appreciate him taking them for all he can; but, on the other, and speaking personally, I would neither give them the satisfaction of eventually firing me, nor would my self respect allow them to publicly humiliate me and my position the way they have.

Hail.

Big time agree here as I am sure everyone does. Once he is fired though, I can see Zorn spilling some fowl conversation about Cerrato first, then Snyder.

Wouldn't you stay for 5mil? I know I would. For the money and to be spiteful.

All Zorn would have to do is spill his guts in a professional manner and Snyder would can him the next day and he'd still get his money by being fired. It would be a win-win for Zorn rather than getting racked over the coals week in and week out.

So it would appear RWJ.

Hail.

I am sure you principles are solid but my guess is you have never been under contract for $5,000,000. Maybe Zorn is a smart man not to let his ego or pride get in the way of a sum of money that can greatly affect his and his families life in the future. Sitting in our position it is easy to say that you would take your pride and walk but it is human nature not to do so. Furthermore if by chance we do turn this around he will regain his self respect that you figure he lost and be happy knowing he didn't act impulsively or abandon his team and coaching staff. Worse case scenario he is rich. How is that not a good business/ life decision?

Zorn was great last year when we we 6-2,now that things dropped off every fair weather fan wants to start a new just like we have every other year.

Zorn will be fine as long as he gets solid players.

I hope we do keep Zorn for 10 years.

Only having Moss,Cooley as productive team mates does this team NO good.

Throw in I dont practice,I dont play preseason game CP and well you get what we have here today.

Everyone cried about our O-line last year but CP finished 4th in the league last year in total rushing.

Not bad for a team that had NO O-line.

Add/shuffle some guys around and put in Ladell Betts and you get a 114 yard game.

This from a crappy O-line :)

While Portis has only 495 yards for the year.

The fans we have here are WAAAYYYYYYYYyyyyyy worst than the owner when it comes to a win NOW approach.

All Zorn would have to do is spill his guts in a professional manner and Snyder would can him the next day and he'd still get his money by being fired. It would be a win-win for Zorn rather than getting racked over the coals week in and week out.

True. But it seems Zorn might want to coach again maybe not HC but coach nonetheless. If he spills the rusty water who is going to hire him as a coach? If they do he will be looked down upon. Compared to he kept taking it lube free and did the best he could. Which seems better? So its not really a win win.

I am sure you principles are solid but my guess is you have never been under contract for $5,000,000. Maybe Zorn is a smart man not to let his ego or pride get in the way of a sum of money that can greatly affect his and his families life in the future. Sitting in our position it is easy to say that you would take your pride and walk but it is human nature not to do so. Furthermore if by chance we do turn this around he will regain his self respect that you figure he lost and be happy knowing he didn't act impulsively or abandon his team and coaching staff. Worse case scenario he is rich. How is that not a good business/ life decision?

That's a fair point man, and no, I've never been anywhere like a situation where $5 mil. is on the table.

All I would say, save for I'd like to think I'd take my pride, is if I were in Zorn's position, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be short of a buck or two to make my decision easier.

But your point is valid in so much as it's easier said than done to walk away from that.

Hail.

Zorn was great last year when we we 6-2,now that things dropped off every fair weather fan wants to start a new just like we have every other year.

Zorn will be fine as long as he gets solid players.

I hope we do keep Zorn for 10 years.

Only having Moss,Cooley as productive team mates does this team NO good.

Throw in I dont practice,I dont play preseason game CP and well you get what we have here today.

Everyone cried about our O-line last year but CP finished 4th in the league last year in total rushing.

Not bad for a team that had NO O-line.

Add/shuffle some guys around and put in Ladell Betts and you get a 110 yard game.

This from a crappy O-line :)

While Portis has only 495 yards for the year.

Yup, I fully agree and it is a reflectiion of FO mismanagement by favoring CP so much. I really dont think Zorn has the ability or power of approval from snyderato to sit him. I think confidence in Zorn was never there and he was always under the shadow of idiots. Its hard to work in those conditions. I think Mike Holmgren would allow him to be himself.

Archived