Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Zorn-Replace Vinny with Holmgren

rumplestilskin

I think Zorns failures relate directly with the personnell Vinny has givin him. At least Holmgren knows about building a solid O line with depth.

I totally agree! Just look at his half time coaching adjustments. Just look at how is philosophy is showing to be so much more superior to other teams. Check out how many times he's coached up a player and gotten them to play better then they actually are. Just look at all of the games he's out coached the other team. Oh wait....:doh:

True. But it seems Zorn might want to coach again maybe not HC but coach nonetheless. If he spills the rusty water who is going to hire him as a coach? If they do he will be looked down upon. Compared to he kept taking it lube free and did the best he could. Which seems better? So its not really a win win.

There's alot of power in the English language. Zorn could put it in such a way that the fanbase and media would laugh and they already know Cerrato and Snyder don't know what they are doing that it wouldn't hurt Zorn that much.

Long-time-fan hit it on the head. why are so many wanting the owner to drop another coach, get another big name coach yadda yadda. Rinse repeat.

Adjustments need to be made, for sure. Players need to be replaced, for sure. But the offense scheme shouldn't be abandoned year after year.

Cerrato needs to go. The owner needs to smoke cigars, cut checks, sit back and shut up. Then, we aim to join the professional sports league again and leave the marketing brand behind.

All Zorn would have to do is spill his guts in a professional manner and Snyder would can him the next day and he'd still get his money by being fired. It would be a win-win for Zorn rather than getting racked over the coals week in and week out.

Truth be told all Snyder has to do is fire Jim Zorn "with cause" and he wouldn't get any money unless Zorn sued him. It happens all the time. Snyder could threaten to do this and force Zorn to accept a lesser amount of money and release him today. I actually believe Snyder likes Zorn so he wants to keep him coaching. It's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. I don't believe the speculation that we've got a great coach who said not to fire Zorn middle of the year so he's keeping his job. I think the people Snyder want's in place are already here.

[

The fans we have here are WAAAYYYYYYYYyyyyyy worst than the owner when it comes to a win NOW approach.

Thats exactly what i've been thinking, after every loss everyone is screaming "FIRE HIM and/or TRADE FOR HIM!!! Not that our owner is any better but it seems he's doing exactly what a lot of you are asking for and once it doesn't work you're screaming for him to sell the team. I don't know if ya'll realize it but we need snyders money and he's not afraid to spend it. he just needs someone other than Vinny to tell him HOW to spend it......:helmet:

Zorn, JC, Portis and the rest... That all needs to be decided by someone who knows how to build a football team. Not Vinny, not Snyder and certainly not anyone posting on this site! lol

The worrisom part is, we have to depend on Snyder to do the first part right.

That's a fair point man, and no, I've never been anywhere like a situation where $5 mil. is on the table.

All I would say, save for I'd like to think I'd take my pride, is if I were in Zorn's position, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be short of a buck or two to make my decision easier.

But your point is valid in so much as it's easier said than done to walk away from that.

Hail.

I cant help but to think that he truly is a genuine guy. Kind of like gibbs. He is passive but I think he can lead. Vinny has treated him beyond comprehension. It would be justice if somehow he stays and Vinny goes. Its must be a tough one to stomach but ultimately my guess his hide is thick due to the media lathering and attention this team receives.

I totally agree! Just look at his half time coaching adjustments. Just look at how is philosophy is showing to be so much more superior to other teams. Check out how many times he's coached up a player and gotten them to play better then they actually are. Just look at all of the games he's out coached the other team. Oh wait....:doh:

You mean like last week. AWE SARCASM WHAT AN ORIGINAL ANGLE

Zorn is not a leader of men.

Right. Zorn has proven that he doesn't have what it takes to rally guys behind him. At halftime of the Falcons' game, it was Bugel who was firing guys up. Zorn may have what it takes to be an OC for somebody, but not a head coach. Vinny and Zorn are tied together and they should both be let go together.

absolutely... vinny and JC are the problem not zorn in my opinion

Disagree. I think it starts with the owner. Snyder hired Vinny and Vinny influenced Snyder to hire Zorn. Stuff flows downhill. Zorn is the scapegoat here. Someone has to pay and that person is Zorn. Unfortunately, it's the physics of sports. Here's a sad one to ponder. Snyder went to Gibbs and asked him what he thought of Zorn as a HC. WOW! Snyder didn't trust Vinny's or his own opinion.

Right. Zorn has proven that he doesn't have what it takes to rally guys behind him. At halftime of the Falcons' game, it was Bugel who was firing guys up. Zorn may have what it takes to be an OC for somebody, but not a head coach. Vinny and Zorn are tied together and they should both be let go together.

Agree to some extent. Zorn should have come up through the ranks. He hiring was like promoting a Capt. to a Gen..

but, all the players have zorns back. what happened in the locker room is speculation.

I'm sorry but I don't know how any Redskins fan can actually get "Keep Jim Zorn" to come out of their mouth. This guy is completely and utterly over his head.

And please don't give me this Vinny makes him suck, Dan makes him suck crap. This guy is horrible.. Don't believe me? www.youtube.com Search "Jim Zorn Press Conference"

As for him having the locker room? What does that say about the locker room? That they like a coach who never blames them, never raises his voice at him, and takes the blame for everything? Hard to believe he has the locker room...

Fire Vinny.. Fire Jim.. Fire Jason "Checkdown" Campbell.

Why do we want to keep a man that gutlessly in recent weeks has continued to put up with all the public humiliation management throws at him, aside from his, uhmm, coaching "ability's?"

We want him to continue leading, (said with tongue FIRMLY in cheek), 53 men?

Hail.

I have not seen 53 men on this team in awhile and really what did you want him to do, run away with his tail between his legs, gutless would be doing that.

I say the OP is right, I wanted to say it for awhile now. Zorn is not the problem and could end up doing well with a real GM that knows "Men" from mice.

Face it after what Snyder did to Holmgren's good friend Jim Zorn...there's no chance he comes here.

Agreed. Gruden signs deal with ESPN. Cowher calls Snyder out on CBS, then Holmgen blasts Snyder as well. To me, that leaves Shanahan as the only one left that would consider coming onboard.

Agreed. Gruden signs deal with ESPN. Cowher calls Snyder out on CBS, then Holmgen blasts Snyder as well. To me, that leaves Shanahan as the only one left that would consider coming onboard.

And assuming Wade is fired in dallas...I see a serious bidding war between JJ & Snyder for Shanahan...and if Snyder loses that bidding war...I seriously wonder who they would get to coach this team (assuming Zorn is out as well).

I have not seen 53 men on this team in awhile and really what did you want him to do, run away with his tail between his legs, gutless would be doing that.

I say the OP is right, I wanted to say it for awhile now. Zorn is not the problem and could end up doing well with a real GM that knows "Men" from mice.

Again I will say it's like promoting a Capt. to a General. I don't think it worked and I don't think it works. Just my opinion.

Zorn, JC, Portis and the rest... That all needs to be decided by someone who knows how to build a football team. Not Vinny, not Snyder and certainly not anyone posting on this site! lol

The worrisom part is, we have to depend on Snyder to do the first part right.

Aaaaay-Men, hire this guy. I would not be unhappy if Zorn goes, but I would be very unhappy if Vinny stays.

Again I will say it's like promoting a Capt. to a General. I don't think it worked and I don't think it works. Just my opinion.

IF some General had only been Captains for awhile wars would be waged differently. I do agree Zorn was brought along too quickly but that does not mean he won't eventually be successful. I like the guy, I like his chances, he just needs the support mechanisms in place.

And this is all this board is, is our opinions. No problem there.

And assuming Wade is fired in dallas...I see a serious bidding war between JJ & Snyder for Shanahan...and if Snyder loses that bidding war...I seriously wonder who they would get to coach this team (assuming Zorn is out as well).

Snyder throws money around like it's trash being thrown in a trash can. JJ will never agree to a 10 mill a year contract like Snyder will. Do I think Snyder would do it? In a hearbeat to try to somehow save face. Does this sound out of the realm of reality to you or anyone, respectfully?

Snyder throws money around like it's trash being thrown in a trash can. JJ will never agree to a 10 mill a year contract like Snyder will. Do I think Snyder would do it? In a hearbeat to try to somehow save face. Does this sound out of the realm of reality to you or anyone, respectfully?

oh no not in the least...if this season ends up with 4-12 or 5-11 record Snyder is going to be in damage control mode...and he will do just about anything (short of firing Vinny...he don't think Snyder will do it...he likes that bug-eyed brown-noser) to get back in the fans good graces.

The thing is Shanahan will know that as well and if he wants he can play JJ & Snyder off of each other to get whatever he wants.

Archived