Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Favre having the best year of his career?

TheItalianStallion

I'd say if he wins the Super Bowl, then yes. He's already done that once. But I guess you could argue that that doesn't mean it was the best year for Favre specifically. He's having a fantastic year. 17 TDs/3 INTs with 2,269 yards in nine games is outstanding.

In '96, the year he won Super Bowl XXXI with GB, he threw 39 TDs/13 INTs and 3,899 yards, meaning he's on pace to trump the INTs and beat the yards as well.

Yes and no

Is he having his best year statistically? No He's had way more yards, TDs, and INTs frankly in a season at this point

Is he managing the game better this year than ever? Yes, He's being more careful with the ball, he is doing what Kerry Collins nearly did for Tennessee last season I think it was.

Is he having his best year statistically? No He's had way more yards, TDs, and INTs frankly in a season at this point
I'm not sure that's true. His comp% & ypa are both higher than they've ever been, he's on pace for 4,033 yards which is better than all but 5 of his seasons, and his INTs are MUCH lower than they've ever been. Hell, 2 of his 3 INTs were passes that bounces off his receivers' hands and into those of a defender.

I'm not sure that's true. His comp% & ypa are both higher than they've ever been, he's on pace for 4,033 yards which is better than all but 5 of his seasons, and his INTs are MUCH lower than they've ever been. Hell, 2 of his 3 INTs were passes that bounces off his receivers' hands and into those of a defender.

Which is what I said, he doesn't have the yards he has had in pass seasons, but he's been more accurate and fewer INTs. That's exactly what I was saying. I think he manages the game better this year than at any time in his career, but I don't think statistically he is better. Comp% is not enough in other words to make me say he is better.

Which is what I said, he doesn't have the yards he has had in pass seasons, but he's been more accurate and fewer INTs. That's exactly what I was saying. I think he manages the game better this year than at any time in his career, but I don't think statistically he is better. Comp% is not enough in other words to make me say he is better.
It's not just that; even though he isn't turning the ball over, his ypa is higher than it's ever been.

• 1 month later...

Final totals...........

(Just to clarify, these rankings are all in terms of Favre's seasons, not vs. other players)

-3rd highest yardage total

-T-4th highest TD total

-By far the lowest INT total

-Highest ypa

-Highest comp%

-Highest rating by far

As far as regular seasons go, even with the slump at the end, I'd say this was indeed the best year of his career. As for postseasons, stay tuned.

Here's a question, who had a better year, Favre or Rodgers?

Favre had the better completion percentage: 68.4 to 64.7

Rodgers had the Yardage advantage: 4,434 to 4,202 (4,750 to 4,209 rush/pass combined)

Favre had the throwing TD advantage 34 to 30

however Rodgers had 5 rushing TD's giving him the overall TD advantage 35 to 34

Rodgers dealt with more pressure being sacked 50 times compared to Favre's 34

Favre had the QB rating advantage: 107.2 to 103.2

The two were equal in INTs at a league-low for starters at 7, although Rodgers lost two more fumbles than Favre.

Here's a question, who had a better year, Favre or Rodgers?

Favre had the better completion percentage: 68.4 to 64.7

Rodgers had the Yardage advantage: 4,434 to 4,202 (4,750 to 4,209 rush/pass combined)

Favre had the throwing TD advantage 34 to 30

however Rodgers had 5 rushing TD's giving him the overall TD advantage 35 to 34

Rodgers dealt with more pressure being sacked 50 times compared to Favre's 34

Favre had the QB rating advantage: 107.2 to 103.2

The two were equal in INTs at a league-low for starters at 7, although Rodgers lost two more fumbles than Favre.

I didn't realize they'd been so close. That said, Rodgers had those stats throwing to Jennings and Driver, in my opinion two top 10 receivers or close to it. No one had heard of Sidney Rice before Favre and Berrian was considered a washed up nobody.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived