Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo Compared to other DE's drafted in the first round 09

W1N_SKINS

He is having success rushing from the LB spot and AC is having success rushing from the end, and WE are having success when they are both doing that at the same time.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

How is he rushing from the LB spot? When he rushes... he's on the DL?

Or do you mean he's listed as a LB so whenever he's rushing he's rushing as a LB.

My point is he's more effective as a rush DE than a LB.

In other words... When he plays on the DL to rush the QB, he's makes more plays than when playing in open space as a LB.

Looked like he got that sack from the LB position. That's all I'm asking.

I'd say he was rushing the QB... you keep saying he plays from the "LB spot".

What "LB spot" did he play from? It was the LAST PLAY of the game for them and they were passing... he rushed... we had four linemen rushing, he was one of them.

Playing LB means playing in open space and also covering. When he's on the DL, he's not a LB anymore for that particular play. I'm not really sure how else to say it.

How is he rushing from the LB spot? When he rushes... he's on the DL?

Or do you mean he's listed as a LB so whenever he's rushing he's rushing as a LB.

My point is he's more effective as a rush DE than a LB.

In other words... When he plays on the DL to rush the QB, he's makes more plays than when playing in open space as a LB.

My point, for the "how many times have I asked this" time, is I don't know where he is getting his sacks from and I was mearly asking a ****ing question man.

what kind of moron puts Sean Taylor on this list?

Sean Taylor was one of the best, if not the best defensive player in the league the year he died.

Go be a Cowboy fan!

you are correct, but he was listing Sean Taylor as one of the pro bowl picks... hence the 50% if Orakpo makes it... (2 out of 4)

We've had success in the draft when the picks are blatantly obvious (LaVar, Samuels, Sean Taylor, Orakpo (maybe)), but the tough ones Vinny has not delivered... the decisions... terrible...

This man (vinny) must be fired, and banned for life from Redskin Park.

My point, for the "how many times have I asked this" time, is I don't know where he is getting his sacks from and I was mearly asking a ****ing question man.

ease up, hoss. Thought I "how many times have I answered the question"

I kept saying he gets his sacks from a rushing DE position. The one he got on the last play he rushed up the middle, nonetheless, playing on the line is where he's most effective and he's not very effective playing LB in coverage and open space. I keep repeating myself and you keep saying he's getting them from the "LB spot"... I have yet to see him get a sack from the "LB spot"

chiefs took tyson jackson at 3 and the bills took aaron maybin at 11 we got Orakpo at 13 Broncos took Robert Ayers at 18 and the Steelers took Ziggy hood at 32

So far 9 games into the season

Maybin 6 tackles 0 sacks

Jackson 13 tackles 0 sacks

Orakpo 32 tackles 7 sacks

Ayers 12 tackles 0 sacks

Hood 3 tackles 0 sacks

Orakpo was a good pickup as one would expect at #13. The tackle stats are not comparable because his numbers are inflated by playing SLB. The sacks numbers may be comparable but keep in mind that none of the other rookies get to play with Haynesworth. If you don't think that's a big deal take a look at Andre Carter (he leads the team with sacks and has a good 6 more than he had last year). BTW - Jackson should be played LDE and was noted for his run stuffing ability and not expected to be a sack-star.

Why are there suddenly so many "way to go Vinny" threads?

read some Bills forum threads, and those fans are frustrated that Maybin is constantly being overwhelmed at the LOS by Tackles.

i do think that, while Orakpo is a born DE, the skins have done a decent job at keeping him at LB while not overexposing him in coverage. Blache needs to go, but he has done that well.

if you told me we would put a rookie DE at LBer, id sure as hell expect a lot more damage than has come so far.

add in the 7 sacks, and my opinion of putting Orakpo at DE is slowly turning.

when he does put his hand in the dirt, he is a change of pace that no LT is ready for. hell, Ryan Clady is one of the absolute best LTs in the gamne, and he was overwlemed by the change of pace that Orakpo provided.

None of those guys has Albert Hayneworth playing next to them. You know that guy everybody says was a waste. Yeah we have almost as many sacks, as last year....and we are only half way through the season. Good things are on the horizon.....we just need to maintain our present course and pick up some nasty O-line men. Then JC and the runniing game can shine, and we all can line up to kiss Vinny butt.

4 people rushed, he was one of them and looked like he was a DL... not sure if you can call him a "blitzing LB" He just rushed up the middle... in a known pass play on the FINAL play of the game... like I said, he's best rushing... sometimes DE's come up the middle... or line up inside to generate a better pass rush in a known passing play.

check 4:27 of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmw3aaKjjGU

Uhhh. Hit pause when the play starts. Hes standing up 5 yards upfield. That is a blitzing LB.

Question for some of you.. Lets say there is a huge DT available in the draft that is the size of haynesworth available in the draft.. Would you draft him and then we can have our version of sam adams and goose like the 2000 ravens? Our defensive ends could put up 10-15 sacks a piece then

I must admit orakpo was a gift at 13 the chiefs took tyson jackson at 3 and the bills took aaron maybin at 11 we got Orakpo at 13 Broncos took Robert Ayers at 18 and the Steelers took Ziggy hood at 32

So far 9 games into the season

Maybin 6 tackles 0 sacks

Jackson 13 tackles 0 sacks

Orakpo 32 tackles 7 sacks

Ayers 12 tackles 0 sacks

Hood 3 tackles 0 sacks

Looks like vinny got something right!

:cheers::cheers::cheers: for many years of great play from Orakpo bright spot of the season in my opinion

Ziggy Hood is a 4th string DE on the Steelers. :doh:

Question for some of you.. Lets say there is a huge DT available in the draft that is the size of haynesworth available in the draft.. Would you draft him and then we can have our version of sam adams and goose like the 2000 ravens? Our defensive ends could put up 10-15 sacks a piece then

BPA. It hurts, but in the long run, you get the best players at the most positions.

ease up, hoss. Thought I "how many times have I answered the question"

I kept saying he gets his sacks from a rushing DE position. The one he got on the last play he rushed up the middle, nonetheless, playing on the line is where he's most effective and he's not very effective playing LB in coverage and open space. I keep repeating myself and you keep saying he's getting them from the "LB spot"... I have yet to see him get a sack from the "LB spot"

But according to you, if he rushes the passer he can't be playing linebacker, so of course you think he's getting all his sacks as a defensive lineman.

The real question is how many sacks has he gotten with a hand in the dirt and how many standing up.

Guys, as much as i would like to think Orakpo will be the DROY I don't think theres any way he beats out the Texan's Brian Cushing:

Brian Cushing: 78 tackles (46 solo), 1.5 sacks, 1 safety, 8 pass defenses, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.

Is he related to Peter Cushing, because, you know, that's one helluva pedigree. :saber:

Archived