Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A couple head coaching ideas

turlockskinsfan

Last time I posted I got banned for a couple days but here goes. I was thinking maybe we could hire Jim Harbaugh as a HC or Jason Garrett. Here are my reasons why.

First Harbaugh has won games wherever he went as a player or coach. He knows how to win, he's got balls of steel (going for 2 to hang a nickel on USC) and he's a motivator. I live in California and Stanford never gets run but before Harbaugh got to Stanford the program was in shambles, and now he wins with inferior pieces. They don't get the top recruits like USC, but they can somehow beat them 2 out of 3? How? It's called coaching folks.

Now for the Jason Garrett argument. Ok I know we've all been down this road before with Norv, but this guy can coach. Look what he has done with Romo sits to pee and Austin, he took a couple of undrafted free agents and made them pro-bowlers. He takes a cowboys offense that probably doesn't have as much talent at the skill positions that the Redskins have and he makes them perform . He puts his guys in position to make plays and is able to counter what a defense (aside from Green Bay yesterday) throws at them.

I hope that whoever our next GM is he knows what he is doing and hires one of these guys.

Thanks there remember osaka, but I'm not talking about a college coach that can put up points. I'm talking about a man with integrity, an attitude and has a high football aptitude. Maybe you should relax on the hating a little bit and realize that I'm only posturing an idea to help my favorite football team win. Think outside the box and hire someone who hasn't been canned or worn out his welcome in some other city. Fresh blood not a guy who has a gimmick offense and would rather golf than coach.

I've been on the Schottenheimer bandwagon. You know bring in Marty for GM and his son from the Jets as HC, maybe keep the defense the same, bring in a new special teams coach and all new positional coach's.

The more I think about it DS most likely will not eat crow and bring Marty back in. Even though he says he's good friends with him now.

So I got to thinking after watching the Colts game last night, why can't we have an offense as good as that. That can put up points and manage the clock well as well as a decent 2min. drill? So I took the time to look into their team a little and was wondering what you guys thought about:

1) DS picking up the Colts GM's son Chris Polian as GM.

2) Bringing in the Colts SR. OC Tom Moore as HC. He's been in the league for 32yrs, he has 22yrs as an OC, and has been 12yrs with the Colts. They have had one of the best offenses since 1999. The only draw back is he's 70yrs old I think. Maybe he brings in one of his young Assistants to learn his offense for when he retires to keep continuity.

If we want an offense as good as Indy's we need Peyton Manning not Tom Moore. Besides he is old and on his way out of the league. No way he wants a rebuilding project after being blessed with Manning for the past decade.

Not a big Jason Garrett fan. Huge amounts of talent on that offense with pretty poor production. I'd have to disagree and say they have significantly better skill position players in addition to a vastly superior offensive line.

My only concern is no one knows if P.Manning will even be a decent coach let alone a HC or OC. I don't doubt he knows the offense backwards and forewards but can he teach it? Is he patient enough to explain the offense to other players? Which is why I suggested bringing in Moore for a 4-5 yr contract, help build this team up from scratch, help train his predicessor. Maybe bring in Clyde Christiansen as OC to help coach up P.Manning who could be hired as QB coach to help explain the offense to the new QB's we would bring in.

After 4-5yrs when Moore retires Clyde who is like 53 now would not be that old and could make P.Manning OC until he retires then hopefully if Manning is not picked up by another team he could take over.

I just don't see P.Manning making the jump from QB to HC or OC.

Edit: Clyde Christensen is also the WR's coach. So we might get some production out of Thomas and Kelly.

No! I don't want no cow turd here!

I am saying ... Bring back Bobby Beathard as GM. Get Bobby Ross as HC, and Ralph Friedgen as OC.

Or, lets get some young offensive minded guru.

Ralph Friedgen? Bobby Ross?

What on Earth would make you think that these were good ideas? Unless you're making a terrible joke.

I've been on the Schottenheimer bandwagon. You know bring in Marty for GM and his son from the Jets as HC, maybe keep the defense the same, bring in a new special teams coach and all new positional coach's.

The more I think about it DS most likely will not eat crow and bring Marty back in. Even though he says he's good friends with him now.

So I got to thinking after watching the Colts game last night, why can't we have an offense as good as that. That can put up points and manage the clock well as well as a decent 2min. drill? So I took the time to look into their team a little and was wondering what you guys thought about:

1) DS picking up the Colts GM's son Chris Polian as GM.

I don't think bringing in the Schottenheimer as a father/son GM and HC duo would be smart at all. There's definitely a natural conflict of interest there.

And as much as I'd like Chris Polian, he's being groomed to take over the Colts once Bill leaves. That's a job they're keeping in the family.

My only concern is no one knows if P.Manning will even be a decent coach let alone a HC or OC. I don't doubt he knows the offense backwards and forewards but can he teach it? Is he patient enough to explain the offense to other players? Which is why I suggested bringing in Moore for a 4-5 yr contract, help build this team up from scratch, help train his predicessor. Maybe bring in Clyde Christiansen as OC to help coach up P.Manning who could be hired as QB coach to help explain the offense to the new QB's we would bring in.
Peyton actually is pretty much the on-field OC for the Colts. He doesn't come up with the gameplans obviously, but he works with the entire offense, from o-line, to TEs, to WRs, on installing the plays, running their routes, blocking assignments, etc.

He knows the Colts' offense inside and out.

No to both. I want Russ Grimm.
Russ Grimm. Thats the man for the job
Outside of Grimm being a legendary former Redskin, what exactly qualifies him to be our HC?

I see people say this a lot, but it doesn't really mean anything other than throwing support to a notable position coach who was one of our own.

I think it's also telling that the Steelers didn't care for him at all as their next HC when Cowher left.

Outside of Grimm being a legendary former Redskin, what exactly qualifies him to be our HC?

I see people say this a lot, but it doesn't really mean anything other than throwing support to a notable position coach who was one of our own.

I think it's also telling that the Steelers didn't care for him at all as their next HC when Cowher left.

Thats kinda what I was wondering also.

It would be a great pr move, and maybe sell some extra season tickets, but I think thats all it will do.

Thanks there remember osaka, but I'm not talking about a college coach that can put up points. I'm talking about a man with integrity, an attitude and has a high football aptitude. Maybe you should relax on the hating a little bit and realize that I'm only posturing an idea to help my favorite football team win. Think outside the box and hire someone who hasn't been canned or worn out his welcome in some other city. Fresh blood not a guy who has a gimmick offense and would rather golf than coach.

+1 for keeping it classy even after getting snarked...

Archived