Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A couple head coaching ideas

turlockskinsfan

Ralph Friedgen as OC.

Bringing the Fridge in here wouldn't actually be an idea I would be against even as HC, I know we went down the college route with Spurrier but Ralph just has a calm about himself that could perhaps steady this team. Plus he is on his way out of MD and has a hell of a work ethic.

If we go GM first I think it really comes down to bringing in a coach who the players get fired up for and want to play for. Friedgen could be that guy, reminds me a lot of Parcells.

You only want him because he was a good player. He's not a good head coach in waiting like some think

No I really think he could be a good coach. He won't take crap from the players and he won't be afraid to bench them. He also was a great Offensive lineman he could teach our O-Line how to block and he would tell the GM to get O-Line and not ignore it. It's just an added bonus that he was a great Offensive lineman for the Redskins :D

No interest in Garrett, Harbaugh is intriguing but I really don't want a college coach. With Gruden out of the mix, Shanahan is my choice especially with him taking a year off he might be rested. Cowher in a dream world but I don't see him coaching and I think TOny Dungy will never coach again. Other than Cowher or Shanahan, I'd say give Russ Grimm a shot, he'd at least make it fun

I was also floating the idea of Jim Harbaugh in a couple of threads. If we land a good, young GM and coupled him with Harbaugh, then I would say that is good start to fixing our Front Office.

Russ Grimm would never coach here. He has seen the chaos that ensued for the past decade. Why would he want to be a part of that?

It all starts with a GM.

Seriously, to all these people that want Grimm - lets be honest - you want him because he was a former great Redskin. His name has never even come up or close to as a head coaching candidate for teams looking for a HC.

I'll admit, I would like to see Grimm here because he was a former Redskin when our team was great. He has been an assistant on very good teams. But that isn't enough to make some one a qualified HC.

He takes a cowboys offense that probably doesn't have as much talent at the skill positions that the Redskins have and he makes them perform .

False. What talent does the Redskins have? Moss? Thomas? Cooley? That's about it these days. Romo sits to pee is better than Campbell, and they have Tashard Choice, Felix Jones, and Marion Barber III. That is a great backfield. They also have Miles Austin and the overhyped Roy Williams.

just seems that Harbaugh will be a good college coach, and that too, he's not THAT impressive.

On the other hand, maybe he is the type you want because he is not winning as well in the college circles, so he could actually adapt to the pro style easier.

I would still be a fan of Gruden, only from the disciplinary standpoint. He also has gotten the Bucs to the playoffs a few times during his tenure there. He doesn't develop offenses well, but that's why you keep Sherman Lewis and hire a solid offensive coordinator.

I think Jim Harbaugh would be a good coach for our team because:

- Standford has been a horrid program til as of late thanks to Harbaugh. Harbaugh adjusted his offense to best utilize the talents he did have, instead of forcing a style down everyone's throat. Because of his abilities to merge or blend his offensive style to his player's talents, his teams have shown to be competitive and increasingly successful.

- He has had successful NFL experieces with multiple franchises and offensive styles.

- Jim has that enthusiastic, aggressive/fiery disposition I think this team needs. I don't believe he would coddle player's personalities and ego.

Well I am still holding on to the notion that we can get Gruden.

Heck, maybe Danny boy will buy ESPN. He owns a radio station, why not a television station ??:silly:

But really, we need a coach and a GM that can work together with a common goal.

A HC that will assemble a good staff.

And a HC that will put the players in the best position to excel !

Instead of looking at what a HC candidate has done with other teams, how about what he brings to the table for the Redskins.

What is his offensive philosophy? Thats where we need the improvement.

He's played for Ditka, Ted Marchibroda (twice- Indy and Baltimore) Lindy Infante and Mike Riley. - Father was a coach.

Do these associations link to any coaches or assistant coaches in today's game or would Harbaugh be using existing staff and/or new staffing all together in the NFL game?

Garrett- As witnessed in the GB game, he can get pass happy. They have the largest O-line & a great set of RB's: you're on the road-RUN IT!!

Marty- You'll never see him in these here parts again. Not after the last time around.

Harbaugh- Hot property, but I think he'll take the Michigan job before landing here.

Grimm- Love to see it, Arizona's line is much improved, PITT's line has declined since his departure.

Now here's my pick: Romeo Crennell/Charlie Weis! Think about it, bring them both in, either can be the HC/AHC. Draft Claussen in the 1st Rd, he'll know the Off. Give Weis a break, ND wants to be Harvard & will never get the personnel to compete at the Top BCS level, Give Crennell a break, CLEV cannot be competitive as they are currently managed. I think RC can do a better job than Blache, say what you want about Charlie, he got Quinn drafted in the 1st rd(at least), coached up a 6th rounder to be the best QB in the NFL (Brady), and has another QB on the verge of becoming another 1st rounder.

If I were Washington, I would consider offering Mike Shanahan the GM position instead of the head coach position. Then, I could see Shanahan replacing Zorn with Jim Harbaugh and keeping Sherm Lewis on board.

Blache would also be gone and all other assistant coaches could interview for a position.

If this happens, we almost definitely end up drafting a QB.

It could be someone like Claussen or Bradford or we could trade down and grab an O-lineman or 2 and then maybe grab Tony Pike from Cinncy.

Way to early to tell though, so just having some fun speculating.:)

Archived