Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A couple head coaching ideas

turlockskinsfan

I think Jim Harbaugh would be a good coach for our team because:

- Standford has been a horrid program til as of late thanks to Harbaugh. Harbaugh adjusted his offense to best utilize the talents he did have, instead of forcing a style down everyone's throat. Because of his abilities to merge or blend his offensive style to his player's talents, his teams have shown to be competitive and increasingly successful.

- He has had successful NFL experieces with multiple franchises and offensive styles.

- Jim has that enthusiastic, aggressive/fiery disposition I think this team needs. I don't believe he would coddle player's personalities and ego.

Thank you, someone who read what I had to say thought about it and commented on it, instead of saying I want Russ Grimm like a hypnotized zombie.

I think Jim Harbaugh would be a good coach for our team because:

- Standford has been a horrid program til as of late thanks to Harbaugh. Harbaugh adjusted his offense to best utilize the talents he did have, instead of forcing a style down everyone's throat. Because of his abilities to merge or blend his offensive style to his player's talents, his teams have shown to be competitive and increasingly successful.

- He has had successful NFL experieces with multiple franchises and offensive styles.

- Jim has that enthusiastic, aggressive/fiery disposition I think this team needs. I don't believe he would coddle player's personalities and ego.

My doubts on Jim harbough have to do with his NFL coaching experience. Its very, very limited. If we are going to be looking for a new QB, some new lineman, maybe a running back, wouldnt it be a good idea to have somebody that has been in the league awhile???

Since I am not up to date on Stanford football-

What kind of offense do they run ??

The new HC must not take shid from anyone!

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

It would be hard to convince me that any of these choices for HC would be an upgrade to what we already have. Mularkey has had problems in the past improving from year to year. He has no history of developing QB's. I like the Schottenheimer idea but father/son will never work here. I agree we need a good GM. Polian's son would be my first choice. I also still like Casserly. He built the team that is currently in Houston and was responsible for some good teams here. For HC, I would like to see Cowher here and Grimm come back as OC/Asst. HC. Maybe Cowher can lure LeBeau out of Pitt for DC.

Seriously, to all these people that want Grimm - lets be honest - you want him because he was a former great Redskin. His name has never even come up or close to as a head coaching candidate for teams looking for a HC.

You're dead wrong. He was one of two main contenders for the Bears job that went to Lovie Smith. He even did a press conference with them during the interview process. Doc Walker tells the story how he went to the interview in a leather jacket and that he scares the heck out of owners. He was also announced as one of the main contenders to the Steelers' job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Grimm

I'll admit, I would like to see Grimm here because he was a former Redskin when our team was great. He has been an assistant on very good teams. But that isn't enough to make some one a qualified HC.

What does then? Assistant Head Coach on the Steelers and Cardinals. If that's not one step below Head Coach, then what is?

I don't want another Head Coach trying to coordinate too, it's just too much for most humans to do at one time during a high pressure, fast paced NFL game. The next HC should give his full attention to overseeing then entire team during games, not calling plays. The Redskins need a leader, not an XO guy!

You're dead wrong. He was one of two main contenders for the Bears job that went to Lovie Smith. He even did a press conference with them during the interview process. Doc Walker tells the story how he went to the interview in a leather jacket and that he scares the heck out of owners. He was also announced as one of the main contenders to the Steelers' job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Grimm

What does then? Assistant Head Coach on the Steelers and Cardinals. If that's not one step below Head Coach, then what is?

I don't want another Head Coach trying to coordinate too, it's just too much for most humans to do at one time during a high pressure, fast paced NFL game. The next HC should give his full attention to overseeing then entire team during games, not calling plays. The Redskins need a leader, not an XO guy!

Hey, great job. Explain why he has been interviewed and turned down?

My point about being qualified is not necessarily what positions he has held in the league. There are a ton of assistant coaches around the league that has been around for 20+ years that does not make them qualified for a HC.

As you point out, the HC must be a leader. What do any of us know about Grimm being a leader on the sidelines? Titles and labels are just that. But if he has been interviewed by who...the Bears and maybe another team or two, then why no other phone calls?

Be honest...you would want him b/c he is an ex-Redskin?

My doubts on Jim harbough have to do with his NFL coaching experience. Its very, very limited. If we are going to be looking for a new QB, some new lineman, maybe a running back, wouldnt it be a good idea to have somebody that has been in the league awhile???

Since I am not up to date on Stanford football-

What kind of offense do they run ??

Nice sig. I've been calling for Mularkey since last season. I'm glad to see others on board!!!!!!

Hey, great job. Explain why he has been interviewed and turned down?

My point about being qualified is not necessarily what positions he has held in the league. There are a ton of assistant coaches around the league that has been around for 20+ years that does not make them qualified for a HC.

As you point out, the HC must be a leader. What do any of us know about Grimm being a leader on the sidelines? Titles and labels are just that. But if he has been interviewed by who...the Bears and maybe another team or two, then why no other phone calls?

Be honest...you would want him b/c he is an ex-Redskin?[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct.

It seems like alot of posts about Grimm are just blind homerism.

Now he may turn out to be a decent head coach, but it appears that too many are chanting his name because he is former Redskin, and not on his credentials.

Archived