Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Who Goes? Players & Coaches, Etc.

BleedinBurgNGold

We all know the obvious. Vinny, Zorn, Etc. Need to go. But who else absolutely must go from this team? And who must stay? What players or coaches can we not do without (if there are any).

Must Go:

Vinny

Zorn

JC

CP

Heyer

Montgomery

Landry

Entire Coaching Staff

(except Smith)

Has to Stay: Coach Smith, Rak, Haynesworth,Fletch,

Who else? All the others I'm on the fence about, like Rogers.

Who MUST Go:

Vinny

Blanche

Sherman Smith

Sherman Lewis

JC

Portis

Rock Cartwright

Daniels

Hunter Smith

Samuels

R. Thomas

Heyer

Backup O-linemen

Who don't have to go, but wouldn't lose sleep if they did:

Randel El

Moss

Smoot

Dockery

Rabach

Griffin

Jim Zorn

Collins

Who MUST stay:

Big Al'

Orakpo

Landry

Horton

D-hall(so we can teach him to tackle)

Carter

Fletcher

McIntosh

Thomas, Kelly, Davis package

Cooley

Levi Jones

Betts

Colt

Marko

Snyder

now, before u go krazy about the last one...hear me out...as much as we all hate snyder, i think its more the way he runs the team rather than the man...because, he is very very generous with his wallet, and that is good, because that means he isn't afraid to reach into his pockets to get some big name players who can be greedy with the pocket change and need a lil monetary persuasion...the only thing he needs to do tht will improve the team and his image with the fans, is to be more hands off, except when writing checks...he tries to run the team like his rival jerry jones...he wants to be like jerry jones...the down on the field, yelling at players...having that personal relationship with his players, jerry jones-type...thats not wha the skins need..and jerry jones has a great football mind and a pretty good eye for talent..Snyder doesn't have eyes for talent...he has eyes for who is winning the popularity contests and an eye for stats sheets...Jones can read players...Synder can read stats sheets....so Snyder needs to stop trying to be a hands-on owner, and just sit in the booth and enjoy the games...but keep shoveling out money to whoever your GM(the guy wit the eye for talent) says u should give money to, and watch your team succeed.

-Chief

Noone isn't expendable. Now some players like say Cooley would be trade for picks and only because the team is trading someone of value to get high picks.

Alot of what happens next year depends not only on who is making those decisions but whether or not there is a salary cap. No cap and we can just cut everyone if we wanted. Salary cap and we are very limited.

I think it's easier to say who's good enough to stay around through a re-build.

Coach wise, dependent on what the :fingersx: new GM and his HC would want on staff, Buges has MORE than earnt the right to say when he wants to hang it up, and the line troubles can hardly be put at his door given the serious dirth of talent he's been given to work with. Maybe John Palermo and Kirk Olivadotti too if the new regime wanted to keep them on.

Player wise it get's tougher. If were totally starting over, there's only so many you can replace at once due to simple logistics like a lack of picks/ willing trade partners/lack of free agents etc.

I have 12 I'd definitely keep, with another 2 probable's and 2 dependent on if we chose to trade.

Albright, Blades, Brennan, Dockery, Doughty, Fletcher, Horton, Golston, McIntosh, Orakpo, and Hunter Smith are my certain stays, along with Anthony Montgomery. What has gone wrong with him this year btw? Great size, great promise, yet inactive all year. Anyone have any info?

The two probable's are a man that's slowly winning me round, Suisham, and Moss, as he's good for depth if nothing else. (Besides the fact his trade value isn't that high at his age now.). Maybe Griffin too, but age isn't on his side, and Samuels for sheer numbers if he does return.

The two that should be locks I have are Cooley and Haynesworth, but there the two that have serious trade value if we chose to go that route. I'd hate to lose Cooley for one, but if were gona' totally do over, he might well be the fastest way to garner some decent picks.

I also have another 11 that I'd bump up the depth chart as of now and give serious playing time too to evaluate these next 8 games: Alexander, switched over to the O-line, Barnes, Davis, Jarmon, Kelly, Mitchell, Moore, Thomas, Tryon, Westbrook and Chris Wilson.

So I make that 30 total, tops, out of 53.

Could we do that and pick up 23 new players? Probably not all in one off-season, so we might well have to bite the bullet and suffer through with a few for one more year at least.

Like I said, it's far from easy to just blow it all up and start afresh.

But hopefully, God willing, we'll be given the opportunity to at least try to get this thing built the right way.

Hail.

Danny Smith. He is the only Coach we have on our staff that appears to know whats going on.

Each to their own, but with our problems over his tenure in the kicking game, both place and punt; shocking out-put in the punt return game, and continued use of the same, inept return man; and a kick return game that well not bad, has hardly been anything to write home about in terms of either field position or scoring, Danny Smith would be gone with the rest of the staff.

But we all see these things differently.

Hail.

Each to their own, but with our problems over his tenure in the kicking game, both place and punt; shocking out-put in the punt return game, and continued use of the same, inept return man; and a kick return game that well not bad, has hardly been anything to write home about in terms of either field position or scoring, Danny Smith would be gone with the rest of the staff.

But we all see these things differently.

Hail.

Suishams having a solid year and we picked up a solid Punter in Hunter although hes hurt. I doubt Danny has much say on the return man. Zorn probably decides at the end of the day who will be back there

Danny Smith. He is the only Coach we have on our staff that appears to know whats going on.

He is the one who keeps sending ARE back to fair catch/fumble punts. I really thought that was the case, however, after seeing Randle-El continue to f-up, it is gross negligence to send him back there to return punts.

He is the one who keeps sending ARE back to fair catch/fumble punts. I really thought that was the case, however, after seeing Randle-El continue to f-up, it is gross negligence to send him back there to return punts.

I was just about to say that. Glad I read all the way down. Continually putting ARE in to return punts is lunacy. Doesn't make a good case for keeping his job. However, I only feel Vinny needs firing. Let the new GM do his job. We don't need Snyder getting everything the way he likes it and then hiring a new GM, like the assistant coaches before the HC as in the Zorn situation. However I would keep Orakpo from the D and Marko Mitchell from the O. MM hasn't made the case the Rak has but he proved what he could when given the chance against Atlanta.

I see a lot of people listing Heyer as someone that has to be gone. I agree he should be gone from the starting lineup but not from the team. He's a young guy with a lot of experience starting at both RT and LT. He isn't a world beater but could be a valuable swing tackle especially as we try to transition our line with some draft picks this season.

We need to clean house on the coaching staff, hire a GM and let him hire the new coach and let them determine who stays and who goes on the team. Let them compete for their spot on the team so they know they have earned the right to play. I don't want these guys who gave up and allow their team to give up points, sacks, loss for yards and give new life to teams because of penalties. These same guys prevent the team from advancing down the field because of stupid penalties. Late hits out of bounds, false starts at home, holding, lining up off sides, jumping off sides and many other life giving penalties. So when does it stop? When they are held accountable for their play and have earned their spot on the team.

I know this is obvious but you cannot say who you will send packing until you find out who you can get to replace them. I'd like to see the entire offensive line replaced next season but getting upgrades at all 5 positions in one season is highly unlikely. We'll be luckly if we get replacements for Samuels and Thomas. We'll probably have to go with Rabach, Dockery, and Heyer for at least one more season. Heyer may not start but he may be the best backup at tackle we can find. Rebuilding a sorry team like the Redskins is going to take a long time.

Anyone with any trade value should be dealt for as many picks as possible (either in 2010 or 2011). Also anyone with a huge salary should be dumped. If it were possible Id keep (of the 53) maybe 15ish. Though having to replace almost 40 players is impossible so my scenario can not happen bit it is what I would ideally like to happen if we have an uncapped year.

Realistically get rid of the few guys with trade value for picks and keep the rest of them and continue the slow re-build process that way.

Anyone with any trade value should be dealt for as many picks as possible (either in 2010 or 2011). Also anyone with a huge salary should be dumped. If it were possible Id keep (of the 53) maybe 15ish. Though having to replace almost 40 players is impossible so my scenario can not happen bit it is what I would ideally like to happen if we have an uncapped year.

Realistically get rid of the few guys with trade value for picks and keep the rest of them and continue the slow re-build process that way.

Why the huge salary players? Its not coming out of your pocket?smh

its going to be a uncapped year?

Why the huge salary players? Its not coming out of your pocket?smh

its going to be a uncapped year?

It might well be uncapped next year, (which might well be the single worst thing to happen for this organization given it's track record in FA, but that's another topic), but there's gona' come a time not long after 2010 when it get's thrashed out and there will be a ceiling on what you can spend.

So it's only prudent to look at the bigger picture and take advantage of the opportunity to get the major contracts, in the main from the biggest under achievers on this team, off the wage bill whilst we freely can in an uncapped year and budget accordingly.

Hail.

If this franchise is serious about winning I look at 2010 as a transition year.

The way I would approach the season is by settling the FO first. Cerrato has got to go. I don't want to see him in any capacity at Redskins Park period.

There are rumors that Holmgreen wants to get back into coaching, but if I'm Snyder I try to convince him to come on board to run football operations. I task him to rebuild Washington from the bottom up.

I'm talking coaching, scouting, players, overall philosophy etc. This team needs to get back to Redskins football, and I'm looking for an approach that emphasizes the ground game. Back to the roots is the theme here.

As far as coaching I don't really have a headcoaching mandate. Given Holmgren's history with Zorn I would entertain bringing back the current headcoach. He has the players ear, and based on how the 2008 season started out I have faith that he may be able to turn things around given the right circumstances.

As far as staff is concerned, Blache is getting up there in age, and if this year is any indication he may not be cut out for the stress of an NFL season anymore. I look to promote from within if possible. Washington has been effective on that side of the ball, but rather than rehashing what we have been doing I'd like to see some fresh ideas, especially as it pertains to pressure defense.

On offense, none of the coaches are safe as far as I am concerned. We have gotten awfully little out of the 2008 receiving class and with the picks invested I'm looking for a change at that position.

Concerning players, there are a few guys that just need to go.

Portis, as much as I love him, has overstayed his welcome as far as I am concerned. Landry and Hall are two guys I want to see gone. A lot of talk, but very little walk.

There probably aren't too many teams that would take on the Hall and Portis contracts, but Landry, as awful as he's played lately, may still net us the 3rd rounder that we don't have in the upcoming draft.

Archived