Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Who Goes? Players & Coaches, Etc.

BleedinBurgNGold

I wouldn't scrap all our coaching staff.

I would try and keep:

Jerry Gray: He has always coached up whoever he had; the scheme takes away from his efforts.

Kirk Olivadotti: Probably one of our most consistent coaches we have had for the past decade.

Joe Bugel: He is one heck of coach who has been handcuffed due to poor drafting and personnel decisions.

Danny Smith: Other than keeping ARE at punt returns, the guy is a good ST coach.

Player wise, we have to keep:

- Defense: Orakpo, Haynesworth, Fletcher, McIntosh, Blades, Doughty, Jarmon, Griffin, Horton, Moore, Tryon, Barnes, Wilson, Landry

- Offense: Cooley, Davis, Yoder, Kelly, Mitchell, Dockery, Sellers, Cartwright, Rhinehart

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone. Note, some of the players on the bubble are very good players but should be considered expendable and not sure fire keepers for next season.

:2cents:

Peace.

I think Landry is as much a victim as Orakpo at this point.

Everyone is busting on him and he has screwed up some this year, but guy really has been playing out of position for awhile now.

From what I remember, Landry was a pretty darn good SS.

If Orakpo wasn't a rookie, would some of you be tearing on him making mistakes at SLB even if it wasn't his natural position?

I think Blache and this bend, don't break scheme on defense needs to go.

Let our front seven be more aggressive and guys like Landry, Rogers, and Hall won't look so bad; especially if they don't have to play 10 yards off the line.:)

I wouldn't scrap all our coaching staff.

I would try and keep:

Jerry Gray: He has always coached up whoever he had; the scheme takes away from his efforts.

Kirk Olivadotti: Probably one of our most consistent coaches we have had for the past decade.

Joe Bugel: He is one heck of coach who has been handcuffed due to poor drafting and personnel decisions.

Danny Smith: Other than keeping ARE at punt returns, the guy is a good ST coach.

Player wise, we have to keep:

- Defense: Orakpo, Haynesworth, Fletcher, McIntosh, Blades, Doughty, Jarmon, Griffin, Horton, Moore, Tryon, Barnes, Wilson, Landry

- Offense: Cooley, Davis, Yoder, Kelly, Mitchell, Dockery, Sellers, Cartwright, Rhinehart

Everyone else is on the bubble or gone. Note, some of the players on the bubble are very good players but should be considered expendable and not sure fire keepers for next season.

:2cents:

Peace.

Sorry, I want a new GM to have 100% control over the coaching staff. That means 100% turnover unless the GM thinks a guy should be kept. Even Buges.

Sorry, I want a new GM to have 100% control over the coaching staff. That means 100% turnover unless the GM thinks a guy should be kept. Even Buges.

I'm with you on getting a new GM.

If we were to hire a new GM and hire someone like Russ Grimm to coach. I think that would be a great, but it really has to start with Snyder letting football people run his team. Until that happens, it will all be futile.

No coaches on this staff are exempt from hitting the road; however the ones I mentioned should at least get some consideration, in my opinion.

Who goes:

Vinny

Entire coaching staff

Campbell

Collins

Portis

Daniels

Samuels

Heyer

Montgomery

Randy Thomas

Randle El

Moss

Smoot

Rabach

Smoot

Hall

Did I say Smoot yet?

Landry

Devin Thomas

Who stays:

Haynesworth

Orakpo

Doughty

Horton

Carter

Rinehart

Fletcher

McIntosh

Marko Mitchell

Kelly

Cooley

Levi Jones

Who must go if we are entering a significant period of rebuilding.

The Old Guys.

Includes

Fred Smoot

Cornelius Griffin

Renaldo Wynn (he is still somehow on the roster)

Phillip Daniels

Casey Rabach

Randy Thomas

Chris Samuels

Todd Collins

The Often Injured

Clinton Portis

Santana Moss (or pay to give him bionic hamstrings)

The Chronic underperformers

Antwaan Randle El (mostly because of punt returns)

Ladell Betts

D'Anthony Batiste (yes our 3rd string left tackle needs to be cut. I get shivers every time a commentator says his name)

Carlos 'stone hands' Rogers

Players to keep in a lesser role

Campbell-Make him fight for starting QB next year. If that fails he would be a terriffic backup.

Stephon Heyer-Should be the first backup at both OT positions

Will Montgomery- A terrific backup to have. Almost looks like an O-Lineman out there

Deangelo Hall- A decent coverage guy, but he is infected and the disease is spreading to the rest of the secondary. Lets give a big shout out to missed tackles!

Marko Mitchell- Whoops, he was supposed to be under the list of people who should be starting.

As for coaching staff, once we hire a competent GM he/she, but probably he, will be the one to decide on that but I expect a great deal of turnover in that category as well.

Archived