Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Michael Vick doesn't sound so thrilled about being an Eagle

MissU28

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Vick-doesn-t-sound-so-thrilled-about-bei?urn=nfl,201166

While being really, really careful not to say anything that would make waves, Philadelphia Eagles "quarterback" Michael Vick(notes) said yesterday that he's not thrilled about his role in the Philadelphia offense. He doesn't dig the Wildcat, and if it's up to him, he won't be doing it next year.
"I told Michael to just worry about this year," [Dungy] said. "It's technically up to Philadelphia. If they want him back, he has to stay there. If they don't, there are some teams looking for quarterbacks: Cleveland, St. Louis and Washington.

"But I think a dark horse is Buffalo. They talked originally. There was some communication there. I think that could be a good spot."

Boo ****in' hoo, Mike! You're lucky you're on ANY team! Don't you dare come to the skins!

Biggest. Baby. Ever.

"I'm back to making millions in the NFL but it's just not good enough blah blah blah. I'm not happy blah blah blah."

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

What a complete and utter butt hole. I don't care how many of you feel that he's paid his dues and should be left alone, which is in fact true. However, this interview shows me he's the same guy. No gratitude whatsoever. He was willing to say whatever he had to say and do whatever he had to do to get back making his big money, spreading herpes, and being Mr. Superstar dog-killer. Now that he's reached that tier it's only taken half a season for him to want it all.

Jerk. People do not change. No question in my mind that if he thought he could get away with it, he'd make up the money he lost by killing more dogs.

I'm confused, are there no actual quotes from Vick?

I saw the interview on tv, or at least portions of it. I was sickened. I don't dispute that the man paid the dues society levied on him, but I just can't get with him being unhappy in any way with the situation he's been given.

I'm confused, are there no actual quotes from Vick?

The quotes are in the link...

"It would be hard," Vick said of returning to the Eagles in a conversation with Bob Costas. "It would be an everyday struggle. But I would have to take that time to hone my skills and get better. I'm excited about the opportunity I have moving forward whether it's with Philadelphia or another team."

Vick thinks he has more to offer than just being a Wildcat quarterback -- he only played two snaps Sunday night in Philadelphia's loss to Dallas.

"I won't be a Wildcat guy. I can't," Vick said, speaking about his future. "It's a different style of play. It's almost like a hit-or-miss type of thing. My position is quarterback. That's what I was born to do."

Biggest. Baby. Ever.

"I'm back to making millions in the NFL but it's just not good enough blah blah blah. I'm not happy blah blah blah."

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

What a complete and utter butt hole. I don't care how many of you feel that he's paid his dues and should be left alone, which is in fact true. However, this interview shows me he's the same guy. No gratitude whatsoever. He was willing to say whatever he had to say and do whatever he had to do to get back making his big money, spreading herpes, and being Mr. Superstar dog-killer. Now that he's reached that tier it's only taken half a season for him to want it all.

Jerk. People do not change. No question in my mind that if he thought he could get away with it, he'd make up the money he lost by killing more dogs.

I think he would to, though some people of better character might've been able to legitimately change.

It's just amazing how short it took for him to expose himself as a complete tool again. He'd have been much better off just shutting his mouth the whole season...or for the rest of his life.

I don't know what I'd do if he went to the Skins. I still hate him because I love animals. And now it's clear he's still a douche, which I didn't like but might've been able to tolerate.

Wonder how long Dungy will stay as his bandwagon/support/voucher? IMO anyone who supports this douche is tainted by that support. Far better people deserve far more support; others like Vick are just no-good and should be abandoned. I guess Dungy wants to save him or something, but it's time to cut losses.

Can you blame him? He was a $100 million starter.

They crucified this guy for fighting dogs that have mauled kids and adults - wrong, no doubt, but there are innocent humans being caught in the crossfire of bogus wars that are being celebrated and supported around the world.

Can you blame him? He was a $100 million starter.

Yes. When you're a $100 million starter you don't need to kill dogs.

They crucified this guy for fighting dogs that have mauled kids and adults - wrong, no doubt, but there are innocent humans being caught in the crossfire of bogus wars that are being celebrated and supported around the world.

1. It's the people like Mike Vick who train these dogs to maul. Hello? You connecting the dots yet?

2. Huh?

Edit- I apologize for the acidic tone, CFC. This topic makes me act like a jerk. I left the post as is because it's been up for a while but I just re-read it and realized I was a bit melodramatic.

The topic is that Mike's unhappy with his role. Anybody who was once leading a team to the playoffs with a million dollar contract is clearly not going to be happy being a backup QB. I don't blame him for feeling that way.

Spend some time reading old news stories about pitbulls who've turned on their loving masters. Those dogs weren't trained to maul. There are also tons of articles written on pitbulls available on the web. They certainly don't deserve to treated inhumanely, and what Mike Vick did was clearly wrong - very few people will argue that.

My point is this guy was crucified because he was high-profile QB and people continue to bash him right and left, and offer him no support at all. He's been blasted by everyone, spent 2 years incarcerated - when is it going to stop? I think it's time to devote energy and attention to more important issues.

Yes. When you're a $100 million starter you don't need to kill dogs

1. It's the people like Mike Vick who train these dogs to maul. Hello? You connecting the dots yet?

2. Huh?

Edit- I apologize for the acidic tone, CFC. This topic makes me act like a jerk. I left the post as is because it's been up for a while but I just re-read it and realized I was a bit melodramatic.

My point is this guy was crucified because he was high-profile QB and people continue to bash him right and left, and offer him no support at all. He's been blasted by everyone, spent 2 years incarcerated - when is it going to stop? I think it's time to devote energy and attention to more important issues.

The scrutiny is part of the price you pay when you become a high-profile public figure. There are plenty of perks as well... but if you screw up bad enough everyone will see it. Vick will never shed his poor reputation if he continues to make these kinds of statements. If he ever learns some humility and keeps a low profile, however, people will eventually drop it.

Not to turn this into a Taligate thread, but you do realize they train pitbulls to fight by having them practice on harmless, non-pitbull dogs, right? Even if you believe that pitbulls are inherently evil, pitbulls are not the only kind of dogs that are killed in a dogfighting ring.

As for Vick, completely apart from what he did off the field, he's just not a very good player. Even if he were a model citizen off the field, he still can't hit open receivers, and I doubt his two years in the poke did anything for his mobility. Now he's just a rusty, two-years-older version of the lousy player he was before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Vick-doesn-t-sound-so-thrilled-about-bei?urn=nfl,201166

Boo ****in' hoo, Mike! You're lucky you're on ANY team! Don't you dare come to the skins!

I have a feeling Vick will be a redskin next year.

D. Hall is a huge Vick homer and Danny might have visions of jersey sales dancing in his head.

:doh:

The topic is that Mike's unhappy with his role. Anybody who was once leading a team to the playoffs with a million dollar contract is clearly not going to be happy being a backup QB. I don't blame him for feeling that way.

Spend some time reading old news stories about pitbulls who've turned on their loving masters. Those dogs weren't trained to maul. There are also tons of articles written on pitbulls available on the web. They certainly don't deserve to treated inhumanely, and what Mike Vick did was clearly wrong - very few people will argue that.

He's unhappy with being back in the NFL, receiving his $16 mil bonus that he barely earned, and getting a chance to move forward in life that millions of people who never committed crimes like that will never get. BOO-HOO.

The Pit Bull debate can rage on for decades and never be solved but if we breed/train dogs that kill, they will kill. Michael Vick chose to breed and train dogs that kill so he could make even more money than he was making. What happened to sound investments or restaurant chains or building legal businesses?

He was crucified because he was an animal rapist and killer, not because he was a high-profile QB. Nobody's ever called for Peyton Manning's incarceration or protested his privilege to play in the NFL.

Mike Vick is a slow and indecisive runner and an inaccurate and tentative passer. He doesn't line up at RB because he isn't capable of playing RB. He can't play QB because he can't adjust to the speed of the game after being in prison for two years. His presence on the roster is a waste of time, just as I said it was from the first moment he signed a contract. If he was cut tomorrow and the Eagles signed a random street free agent QB, they would instantly become a better football team.

He's far and away the most useless player to occupy a roster spot during the Andy Reid era. It astounds me that his statements continue to make headlines and his spare plays continue to be fit into highlight reels despite his being a complete nonentity on the football field.

The experiment hasnt worked out so far, but whose to say it wont over the last 8 games?

Me. I can't see any way that the Eagles will get a positive return on their investment.

Now..he might make a few plays for them in the future...but I don't think that it will justify the expense (salary/media/locker room).

I wish the NFL would have banned him for life. He can earn a living in the CFL.

Archived