Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Stats Thread

JaimeDeCurry

After looking over some of our season stats, there are some pretty interesting nuggets about the Redskins season so far. Some good, some bad, some neither, just plain interesting. I thought I'd list them here, and try to generate some conversation. Hopefully this won't turn into a "__________ is awful, why is he on the team" thread, but rather a place for us to put interesting little facts about the Redskins that make you go "Wow, really?"

Feel free to post your own interesting stats that you find, both good and bad.

+Jason Campbell is the team's 2nd leading rusher. We are one of only three teams with a quarterback as the player with the 2nd-most rushing yardage.

+Brian Orakpo leads all rookies in sacks, and leads all 4-3 linebackers across the league.

+Randle El has exactly as many fair catches (11) as he does return attempts.

+Santana Moss has 4 total punt returns, and 0 fair catches.

+Devin Thomas + Malcolm Kelly: 15 catches, 148 yards, 1 TD

+Fred Davis by himself: 17 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD

+Rock Cartwright is tied for 2nd on the team in receiving touchdowns.

+London Fletcher leads the league in assists on tackles.

+The Redskins are 5th in total defense, giving up 286 yards per game. On average, 126 (45%) of those yards come on the ground.

+Before last Sunday, no player on the Redskins had an interception who wasn't named DeAngelo Hall.

+There are 13 quarterbacks in the NFL that have thrown for more touchdowns than our entire team has scored (12).

+Our 2nd longest pass play (47 yards) went to our fullback.

+Our 2nd longest rushing play (21 yards) came from our quarterback.

I think that's enough for now, but I'll keep throwing them up there as I come across. What say you guys? Any 'Skins stats this season that you've found particularly interesting?

I'm not positive, but I believe Laron Landry has more personal foul penalties than interceptions--for his career.

In know for a fact he's 2 and oh this year - 2 personal foul penalties, no interceptions.

-

Here's a stat. The Redskins defense is dead last in the league - 32nd - in forced turnovers with 8 - 4 INTs and four fumbles recovered.

For that reason, the stat declaring the Redskins "5th in total defense" is, to me, misleading. At the very least it gives an incomplete picture of the team's performance.

Redskins receivers have 3 TDs, Darren Sharper has 3 INTs returned for TDs, Saints DBs have 5 INTs for TDs.

Redskins Offense has 11 TDs (not including Hunter's TD), Saints Defense has 7 TDs.

Damn...that speaks volumes for the sad shape of the Redskins and the new Saints who lived in the crapper for years......it really makes the pathetic offensive stats look worse....can we get Sharper as our 6th running back?

What is really sad about JCs rushing stats is that there are times that he actually should be running the ball more. He does get some open safe spaces at least a couple of times a game.

Do they lead the league in ankle injuries? Maybe I just notice it more on the 'Skins but they certainly do seem to have a pretty high number of them.

The Redskins have scored 12 TD's thus far this season. 12 teams have at least doubled that mark. 3 of those 12 teams come from the NFC East. Only one team has more than tripled our TD mark of 12, the New Orleans Saints.

Only 4 teams have scored as many or less TD's than the Redskins. The Bills have scored exactly the same amount of TD's as the Redskins. The other teams below us: Browns, Raiders and Rams. The Raiders have only scored half as many TD's as the Redskins.

The Redskins have the 4th longest rushing play at 78 yards. The top three longest rushing plays ended in a TD.

The Redskins defense has not scored a defensive touchdown since 2007.

Meanwhile, Grilliams' D down there in NO has scored SEVEN this season....

I find this strange because wasn't the problem with the Redskins defenses while Gergg Williams was DC that they could not come up with turnovers, let alone scoring with them? Hmmm, maybe it was the players all along. What do you think, Vinny?

+Jason Campbell is the team's 2nd leading rusher. We are the only team with a quarterback as the player with the 2nd-most rushing yardage.

+Devin Thomas + Malcolm Kelly: 15 catches, 148 yards, 1 TD

+Fred Thomas by himself: 17 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD

So he is quick to run and quick to check down to the TE.

Archived