Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Redskin All-Time Team (ES Style)

KDawg

I think you should just roll with it for now.

I tend to think that the players who end up winning these polls are going to win them no matter the structure. I think the the only thing the "not following the rules" folks are doing is just giving votes to players who weren't going to win anyway.

So as an example lets say for QB you have as your poll choices

Baugh/Jurgensen/Theismann/Frerotte

Only the top 3 will win.

We all know that Baugh/Jurgensen/Theismann will be the top 3. The only thing that a multi vote person will do is give Gus a few more votes than he'd get if people actually followed the rules.

I don't think the final results will be skewed by having a few people deciding that they want to vote for basically everyone who is nominated.

Great idea! I'll have some fun getting my roster ready for the vote...

Ugh.

You're not putting together a roster... (Unless of course you think it would be fun just to do it. If that's the case, go for it. I've loved looking at the ones in this thread ;))

We're voting position by position...

In fact, it's started already. We've finished Special Teams. We've just posted the Offensive Tackle and Center threads.

Question for all of you:

Given that people aren't reading properly and are voting for 1 (If I say choose two) or voting for 5 (if I say choose two) should I just make it so that you can only vote for one in any of these polls, and if we need a tie breaker just create another poll for the backup positions?

Or do I keep it where you can vote for multiple people at the bigger positions?

Just keep the multiple vote option up. Some morons will screw it up, sure, but you can't punish the rest of us because a small minority on here are illiterate. ;)

And I'm gonna make a bold prediction....when you get to CB, I can promise a certain #28 will be a runaway. Ok, so it's not that bold, but it's still my prediction.

Offensive Line and Special Teams is now set.

We also have our fullback and we're starting to shape our defensive line. This thing is in full swing and has been better than I had anticipated so far. Keep it up. I want to see tons of votes for CB, LB, QB, RB, WR, S, DE, TE when we get to those spots :)

DEs updated. Two made the team. No one else got over ten legit votes. Gene Brito, because he was close, will go into the wild card voting pool at the end regardless of his top ten status.

Now, we have two wildcard spots for sure, with more potentially incoming.

I ask you, ES, this is your team. How do you want to handle the wild card voting?

Top 20 make the vote and we do one vote for all spots?

Top 20 make the vote and we do a different vote for all vacant spots?

Top 10 make the vote and we do one vote for all spots?

Top 10 make the vote and we do a different vote for all vacant spots?

Archived