Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Thomas, Kelly lay it on the line

HapHaszard

very true about most of us knowing very little in the grand scheme of things. but the little i do know tells me that plenty of other QBs in the league are very good, and ours is not very good.

so either ive been duped over the past 5 years following football quite closely into thinking that plenty of these great players are indeed not very good, or (even though im no football guru) i have a pretty good grasp of who is playing well and who isnt.

Consider yourself duped. You dont look deep enough into the game IMO. Ask yourself this. Look over your posts from last year claming who you thought were great QB's and why... then take that list and ask yourself who is still doing great and who is not. Then compare whats different about them.

For some reason, guys like Cutler, Orton, Collins (Titans), Manning, Sanchez, Warner, Cassel, etc... som are in different situations and the results reflect the change. None of these guys got much better or much worse in less than a year.

He actually never claimed JC was playing well. I think he just meant that he is playing better then most people give him credit for given the circumstances.

By looking at this board you would think that JC was the worst QB in the league. But honestly I think the O-line is much closer to being worst in the league at its position then JC is.

JC is one of the worst. hes bottom 10 in terms of starters. maybe even bottom 5.

lol

Redskins average 13 points per game

That puts him right on par with the wonderful starting QBs of the Browns, Raiders, Rams, Bucs

Yep he is playing very good under the circumstances

While I'm not high on JC and believes he's playing badly, this is an idiotic post for one reason: on good teams, the running game and passing game share the slack in scoring TDs, the kicking game picks it up when neither can score, and the D may come up with one or two sometimes. For the record, and only for the record, JC has scored 8 of the 10 TDs the entire O has scored this season, the running game 2, and the D zero.

one guy has come out with negatives against campbell and thats moss. no one else has said much of anything. and you could even tell in that moss blurb that he was trying to keep it as PC as possible as the interview went on.

none of these guys are gonna throw campbell under the bus.

have any raiders players thrown jamarcus under the bus? or cleveland players call out anderson? they always support their QB no matter how bad he is.

Dont change the topic. I brought up a vaild point. In that Moss blurb, you were touting how credible it was. Now some other members are talking and you are saying its not credible. Which is it? Don't even bother to answer... because you CHOOSE which it credible depending on your AGENDA.

3 of those 4 teams have a better O-line then us and Campbell is out performing all of their QB's.

Whats your point?

How is he Out performing them??? Because he is getting his stats??

So he leads the team to 13 points per game but his stats look ok?? WTF does that say about him??

How does that happen exactly?? Is he doing one thing to make anyone around him better?? Getting the ball out quickly?? Hitting his WR in stride so they can get yards after catch?? Do defenses respect him at all??

Or is he just a total loser

Explain it to me so I can understand clearly

For the record, and only for the record, JC has scored 8 of the 10 TDs the entire O has scored this season, the running game 2, and the D zero.

Anyone defending the leader of an offense that has scored 10 TDs in 7 games against some of the worst defenses in the league should have higher standards.

Consider yourself duped. You dont look deep enough into the game IMO. Ask yourself this. Look over your posts from last year claming who you thought were great QB's and why... then take that list and ask yourself who is still doing great and who is not. Then compare whats different about them.

For some reason, guys like Cutler, Orton, Collins (Titans), Manning, Sanchez, Warner, Cassel, etc... som are in different situations and the results reflect the change. None of these guys got much better or much worse in less than a year.

cutler is probably the only one playing poorly right now and even his team is 4-3 and he still has a chance to make things happen with that group.

all the guys i thought were great are still great. cassel is playing on a terrible team, i had a long discussion at the eagles game with a chiefs fan who told me the team is so bad he thinks theyre OVERACHIEVING lol. orton is not very good IMO and will be exposed in the next few weeks, and i think sanchez is playing very well for a rookie.

i dont watch a lot of colts games, so i just see manning get wins and see his numbers in fantasy/box scores. have i been duped into thinking hes great?

Doesnt take an offensive coordinator to see that JC panicks, stares down receivers, misses wide open receivers, and makes ****ty decisions which kills drives.

Rothlesburger has a ****ty OL too, he won a superbowl last year and is competitive in every game. Aaron Rogers' OL makes ours look like the hogs of 87, yet he throws TDs like they were free and his rating is top 5 in football.

I really dont know what its gonna take for JC's excuse makers to realize he is NOT a starting QB in the NFL. Unless hes behind a pro bowl OL and overthrowing Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson, you guys will continue to believe that he's Marino.

I cant wait until the season is over and hes holding a clipboard for the Argonauts.

It takes alot more than your average drunken stupor yelling at the TV. Please! Just because you think you know what going on, does not mean its how you think it is.

Dont change the topic. I brought up a vaild point. In that Moss blurb, you were touting how credible it was. Now some other members are talking and you are saying its not credible.

So you don't think a player saying something bad ON THE RECORD against the leader of his offense carries more weight than another player defending that same person? I take it you don't follow politics.

Dont change the topic. I brought up a vaild point. In that Moss blurb, you were touting how credible it was. Now some other members are talking and you are saying its not credible. Which is it? Don't even bother to answer... because you CHOOSE which it credible depending on your AGENDA.

what?? youre making 0 sense. i didnt change anything. moss came out and complained about campbell. how is it NOT credible? moss is a proven receiver in the NFL and he was complaining about campbells ability. id say thats credible.

DT and MK are two young guys who are saying the right things about their QB.

the two young guys seem to be just saying the right things, whereas moss is speaking his true feelings because hes a vet that will get more leeway. its why portis can slam the team and it gets glossed over, cause hes a proven guy.

imagine if DT and MK came out and threw campbell under the bus. with their lack of accomplishments in the NFL theyd get DESTROYED by our local media, whereas portis and moss would not.

dont give me BS about changing the subject because you dont like what i wrote.

and in short, before this gets way too convoluted, i think its as follows:

DT and MK are towing the company line about campbell because theyre unproven NFL youngsters trying to say the right things: LESS CREDIBLE.

santana moss is a proven NFL receiver whos been to the pro bowl and holds our franchise receiving record, and hes was speaking his true feeling on the matter because he was upset about campbells abilities: MORE CREDIBLE.

take from that what you will.

So should I do that with the Redskins??

I wonder what that number would be

Why don't you add that stat up and lay it out

And Please don't count the garbage time points and those inside the 10 layups The defense gave him in Carolina either

Go to your lab and lay that number out please...... I'll wait...

Got it... so count up his TD's, but dont count all of them because it will make me feel dumb.

How many of other QB's TD hav you credited as junk time? Are yu sure you want to have a go at this? You are about to get burned.

BTW... FWIW, I am not a JC supporter at this time. I think he is playing pretty badly, but he is not the fulcrum of the issue on offense.

It takes alot more than your average drunken stupor yelling at the TV. Please! Just because you think you know what going on, does not mean its how you think it is.

So, do YOU know what's going on? Or are you just stating your opinion as well?

This past off season the skins were trying to trade JC. They received no bidders. The Denver coach clearly picked Orton over JC.

Just those two facts tell all you need to know. If the rest of the talent evaluators in the league don't think JC is worth trading for than maybe he just isn't that good.

If JC was as good as his teammates claim, other teams would have say given up what Chicago gave up for their QB. Even KC only gave up a 2nd round pick for their starting QB. I doubt they even considered JC.

You can't be serious. The Green Bay Packers are putting up XX points per game. The Washington Redskins are putting up how many?

His point is valid. Rogers finds a way to move the ball, get yardage and throw touchdowns behind a crappy offensive line which is allowed 11 more sacks per game than the Redskins crappy offensive line.

So was JC until recently. Not than long ago, our pasing game was top ten in the NFL. Funny how that trailed off when we lost Thoas and Samuels.

Also, Rogers does take alot of sacks on his own accord, scrambling around to make something happen.

One mor thing, the Pack has been behind alot this year, so shouldnt we discount AR's numbers because the defenses he plays against are in prevent. SO the yards ad TD's should not count... right?

Interesting though that they decided to criticize the starting OL instead. Especially since several members of that OL will likely be on the team next year.
Samuels is the only player on our team that knows how to be a leader.

Look at yourself, and if your teammates aren't performing, blame yourself for not helping them enough.

Well, on offense anyway.

He actually never claimed JC was playing well. I think he just meant that he is playing better then most people give him credit for given the circumstances.

By looking at this board you would think that JC was the worst QB in the league. But honestly I think the O-line is much closer to being worst in the league at its position then JC is.

Unfortunately, not the worst QB in the league is not what we envisioned when trading up for Jason in the first round.

i cant believe after the eagirls game you guys can even still debate this....

when campbell has time to throw he has a slow motion release.... he misses open guys and always looks to check down....

lets not even get into the fumblina issues....

fact is ... he isnt that good and is more than slow at his reads...

Not surprising that this turns solely into a JC thread, but I really think the bigger story here is that two of the most disappointing draft picks in recent Redskins memory have the temerity to come out in the media and criticize the o-line.

Fourteen catches this year. Thirty-two through the course of their combined careers. And they're calling out the o-line? That just shows how much the team is coming apart at the seams.

There is no leadership in that organization, thanks to Snyder and Cerrato, and it will just get worse as the team continues to struggle.

cutler is probably the only one playing poorly right now and even his team is 4-3 and he still has a chance to make things happen with that group.

all the guys i thought were great are still great. cassel is playing on a terrible team, i had a long discussion at the eagles game with a chiefs fan who told me the team is so bad he thinks theyre OVERACHIEVING lol. orton is not very good IMO and will be exposed in the next few weeks, and i think sanchez is playing very well for a rookie.

i dont watch a lot of colts games, so i just see manning get wins and see his numbers in fantasy/box scores. have i been duped into thinking hes great?

I was talking about Eli Manning. But Im gald you brought up Cassel being on a bad team. SO you think the Redskins area good unit with a bad QB? It begs the question about protection. Cassel did ok in NE... taking most of his sack early, but as the year went on and the protection got better, so did Cassel. Now Cassel goes o a situation with a terrible front five and he is playing badly. Its funny how those two thing... O-line and QB production... go together over and over again. Must be me.

Archived