Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Thomas, Kelly lay it on the line

HapHaszard

i feel like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting, where he tells Matt Damon the best part of his day is going to Will's door, knocking on it, and hoping he doesnt answer because hes gone.

every day i wake up and hope to see "campbell released" or "campbell traded" or "campbell benched". and every day so far ive been disappointed.

It's a perpetual nightmare, that's for sure. I would have thought the Monday Night game would have shaken things up, what with Jaws turning on his former mid-season mvp choice. But no, the usual suspects are still around.

It's a perpetual nightmare, that's for sure. I would have thought the Monday Night game would have shaken things up, what with Jaws turning on his former mid-season mvp choice. But no, the usual suspects are still around.

ive come to the harsh realization hes going to start 16 more games and cement himself as one of the worst QBs in redskins history (record wise for the fan club members keeping tabs). 9 more times we get to watch him embarrass himself on the field.

i cant believe the team wont even entertain the idea of giving collins a game or two.

Understandable statement and possibly true for a number of plays, but when Campbell DOES have a chance to make a play, he manages to miss his receiver almost every stinking time...it's annoying as hell...

Money.

Yes, he is often under immense pressure from opposing defenders, but even when he DOES have time, he shows that he is not a franchise QB.

The problems are O-line & QB. Both need addressing for this thing to work.

the offer sheet must be extended at the beginning of the free agent period. I'm not sure about the price, but considering the number of restricted free agents who have been stuck with their teams I think it has to be considered a fair offer, because the player doesn't get to turn it down. After the offer sheet is signed if anyone offers him a contract the Skins have the right to match or recieve compensation. The potential compensation depends on the offer. For example, since he's a former first rounder if we offer him enough and he signed elsewhere we'd be entitled to a first rounder or we could negotiate with the other team.

If no one makes him an offer by the end of the restricted free agency period he reverts to us.

So if we don't want him, and he's not going to get us a first round pick, I'm still confused as to why we would give him the offer sheet. No one is going to want to give up a pick for Campbell.

So if we don't want him, and he's not going to get us a first round pick, I'm still confused as to why we would give him the offer sheet. No one is going to want to give up a pick for Campbell.

because for one thing they can negotiate lesser compensation. For another, even if we pick another QB we need someone to start for a year. And I was one of the people who wanted Collins cut in the preseason, so I definately don't want him starting.

And I don't care if Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco worked out good as rookies. What works for other teams doesn't work for us, not even in years when we're decent.

because for one thing they can negotiate lesser compensation. For another, even if we pick another QB we need someone to start for a year. And I was one of the people who wanted Collins cut in the preseason, so I definately don't want him starting.

And I don't care if Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco worked out good as rookies. What works for other teams doesn't work for us, not even in years when we're decent.

It's probably time we stop pigeonholing ourselves. We always go with experience over youth. It's the reason we're one of the oldest teams in the league and our o-line is ancient. We need to take chances on new players. For one I'd like to see Marko Mitchell on the field.

I'm saying this because I don't agree with you about the QB position. I see no reason why we shouldn't get a rookie starting. Let him learn under real game speed circumstances. Hopefully with an upgraded o-line of course. No reason to get the kid killed. If I have to watch Campbell start for this team one more year I think I might lose it.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Colt has what it takes. I know it's not always a popular subject but he's spent two years with this team and if he's healthy next year, I would like to see what he can do. I'm sensing an open competition next offsesason unless we manage to find a quality vet.

It's probably time we stop pigeonholing ourselves. We always go with experience over youth. It's the reason we're one of the oldest teams in the league and our o-line is ancient. We need to take chances on new players. For one I'd like to see Marko Mitchell on the field.

I'm saying this because I don't agree with you about the QB position. I see no reason why we shouldn't get a rookie starting. Let him learn under real game speed circumstances. Hopefully with an upgraded o-line of course. No reason to get the kid killed. If I have to watch Campbell start for this team one more year I think I might lose it.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Colt has what it takes. I know it's not always a popular subject but he's spent two years with this team and if he's healthy next year, I would like to see what he can do. I'm sensing an open competition next offsesason unless we manage to find a quality vet.

And I stand by my opinion. We start a rookie he'll be the next Heath Shuler. Unless playing behind a weak offensive line makes him the next Joe Theisman. Because with what's available in the reduced free agent market there's no way we can get both a QB and enough talent to upgrade the O-line.

I'm sure it would be an open competition though.

Personally, I'd "lose it" if we ended up expecting more just because a new QB would be replacing Campbell. You may not see any reason to hope based on what we've got, I see no reason to develop false hope based on what we might get.

A Redskins' fan should never expect better than 8-8 to 10-6 as a record. Never expect a player we sign to be a Pro Bowler or talked about around the entire league.

The year we went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl? I was expecting about 10-6 and a playoff appearence.

A Redskins' fan should never expect better than 8-8 to 10-6 as a record. Never expect a player we sign to be a Pro Bowler or talked about around the entire league.

I don't accept basing my expectations on what the recent trend has been or what might be acceptable for the team. My expectations are for the team to progress and to get better. Last year we went 8-8, i was hoping for us to get better by two games. Now that we may finish the season with as little as 2 wins, I guess I'll expect a 4-6 win season next year.

Money.

Yes, he is often under immense pressure from opposing defenders, but even when he DOES have time, he shows that he is not a franchise QB.

The problems are O-line & QB. Both need addressing for this thing to work.

That's why it's obvious by the offseason moves that this FO is completely clueless. Either upgrade the OL immensely or get another QB. The current situation couldn't possibly work unless a total miracle happened and nobody got hurt and guys like Rabach and Heyer played better than either has ever shown in the past. It was a fools dream of Snyderatto that the OL was good enough and that JC would actually improve. Neither is true and the offense is even worse now due to Zorn having no playcalling ability and JC never taking advantage of his many many opportunities until the defense just says, you know what, why not bring it full time?

:rolleyes:

yeah thats why is comp% is at 66% (#7T in the FL)

his YPA is a yard higher than last year and currently #13 in NFL ranking ahead of QB's like Palmer, Cutler, Ryan, Warner

He's #6 in 1st%

Those stats are so misleading. Most of that yardage and completions have come in garbage time with skins down 2 scores and teams playing prevent defense. But ppl like you will point to stats to make their point.

The problem, to me at least, he seems to feel the pressure before it is there. He seems to worried about the line and not keeping his eyes downfield. There were several plays that he had a decent pocket, but became nervous happy feet in the pocket. Even the one 3rd down where he ran, and fell down 3 yards down the field, he had time if he just stood there.

That is probably a creation of not having a line you can trust. But you can't make it if you feel the pressure before it is there.

That happens when you are beat up, sacked 42 times in 15 games, playing on and injured ankle...

I can see why the trust is not there.

If the ankle is even a small part of the reason, shouldn't he sit until its completely healed?

I could care less at this point. If the amkle is still an issue, then yeah. Sit him. I will cheer for whoever is back there. It just points back to the bigget issue. We have not a great front five in a loooong time. I think its about time we invest some picks and big money up front. With that, you dont need superstars at the skill levels. You create them through the draft... See Slaton, Sproles, Jones Drew, Barber, Turner, etc... just a small sample for the RB position.

I could care less at this point. If the amkle is still an issue, then yeah. Sit him. I will cheer for whoever is back there. It just points back to the bigget issue. We have not a great front five in a loooong time. I think its about time we invest some picks and big money up front. With that, you dont need superstars at the skill levels. You create them through the draft... See Slaton, Sproles, Jones Drew, Barber, Turner, etc... just a small sample for the RB position.

Agreed. I've been an advocate of building the line exclusively over the last few seasons, even if it means reaching or overpaying players.

Archived