Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Thomas, Kelly lay it on the line

HapHaszard

russell, anderson, edwards, and hill are about the only guys worse in terms of starters.

last i checked, 19th in two major categories is not "middle of the pack". the majority of QBs below campbell are rookies, backups, and guys that have lost their job already.

there are 32 starting NFL QB's these days. THat means there's 18 ahead of him, 13 behind. I can only think of two starters who are rookies.

It's pointless arguing if he is good or not. The matter of fact is that he won't be here next year so why bother defending a guy who only has at maximum 9 games left with this team?

Some of you who waste time arguing for both sides should go watch footage of prospective QB's we can get next year and argue that. Much more productive and you still have something to whine about.

unless someone else signs him he will be here next year.

So is Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas praising how good Campbell can be like Shawn Springs touting the greatness of Taylor Jacobs???

Anyone still supporting a QB that is 18-25 after 43 starts is completely homer fan blind to reality. Breakdown his Win/Lose record further and it gets worse. Campbell for his career is

11-16 against teams with a .500 or better record

7-9 against teams .499 and below

BLC,

It won't matter to BUbba--he was defending Brunell to the last second in 2004 and 2006. But to anyone else, maybe they can stop shoving these weak statistics in our face. HOlmester, I'm looking at you.

There was a guy who had a sig comparing Brunell 06 and Campbell. The point to the whole thing is that these stats are worthless. It's like the Eagles game, what were his QBR and overall stats compared to his ACTUAL performance?

Brunell taught Jason well---in keeping up appearances while still sucking really bad.

Hey McPimpin, why dont you read the whole thread before trying to point somebody out. I am NOT a JC defender or supporter. I just don't like idiotic posts like "JC is one of the 5 worst QB's in the league".

Read my posts. I have stated numerous times that there are 17-20 QB's that I would take over JC right now. With good protection so that he can have his needed extra second or two to make his reads he can be a top 13-17 QB in my opinion.

We have MULTIPLE reasons why our offense is so pathetic. I think that they are Offensive line, QB, RB and in that order.

Your opinion on JC doesnt have to be that he is the worst or best QB in the league. Either one of these opinions makes you (generally speaking) a moron. It seems that the super JC haters can't get past this.

there are 32 starting NFL QB's these days. THat means there's 18 ahead of him, 13 behind. I can only think of two starters who are rookies.

i already addressed this in this thread if i remember. i did campbell numbers for guys with 180 attempts on the season, and for TDs hes 19 out of 23, and for yardage i think hes 18 out of 23.

hes in the bottom 10 for a lot of major categories when looking at QBs whove thrown as many passes as he has. espn and NFL factor in guys like kyle boller, alex smith, brady quinn, seneca wallace, etc; guys that have played in a few games. they should not be measured with campbell, who is the uncontested starter.

Man, when JC threw the first pass in his career against TB - the deep ball that was just knocked away at the last second - I thought this team was set at QB for years. Yet, here we are 3 years later debating whether he his in the top half of the league or not. I was WAY off.

"I do feel sorry for him and I say that all the time," Kelly said. "He takes all the heat because that's all they [the fans] see. They look at him and say, 'He's not completing the pass.' Or the say, 'He's taking too long to throw the ball.' But what they don't realize if that if he hikes the ball and there's somebody in his face ... I mean, I don't care who you put back there.

"You can put whoever back there, you can put Joe Montana back there, if he can't throw the ball, he's not going to be able to hit anybody. He's not going to be able to hit any receivers. It's a tough situation because he takes the heat for all of us."

Except that he has had time. Not all the time, but nobody does. He has time most of the time. He just doesn't have 6 seconds like he needs.

Except that he has had time. Not all the time, but nobody does. He has time most of the time. He just doesn't have 6 seconds like he needs.

The problem, to me at least, he seems to feel the pressure before it is there. He seems to worried about the line and not keeping his eyes downfield. There were several plays that he had a decent pocket, but became nervous happy feet in the pocket. Even the one 3rd down where he ran, and fell down 3 yards down the field, he had time if he just stood there.

That is probably a creation of not having a line you can trust. But you can't make it if you feel the pressure before it is there.

The problem, to me at least, he seems to feel the pressure before it is there. He seems to worried about the line and not keeping his eyes downfield. There were several plays that he had a decent pocket, but became nervous happy feet in the pocket. Even the one 3rd down where he ran, and fell down 3 yards down the field, he had time if he just stood there.

That is probably a creation of not having a line you can trust. But you can't make it if you feel the pressure before it is there.

I think this is exactly what is happening. The lack of protection is really ****ing with his head. This could be part of the reason why he didn't stay with Moss on that double move against the Iggles and instead hit ARE over the middle.

According to his past coaches JC was never a very mentally strong QB and the lack of protection, young WR's, and coaching changes probaly have just made this worse.

It's gonna be interesting to see what direction our GM in 2010 goes in terms of addressing the OL and QB. Draft OL and put a mediocre QB back there or take a quick release/intelligent/WCO QB in the 1st rd and throw him in the fire with another hodgepodge line.

heres some more interesting info, since our season (like 2006) is headed down the toilet.

campbell through 7 games (2009)

1481 yards, 136/206, 66% comp, 8 TDs, 7 INTs. Team record 2-5.

brunell through 7 games (2006)

1465 yards, 132/206, 64% comp, 7 TDs, 3 INTs. Team record 2-5.

just wow. if that doesnt just punch you in the face, i dont know what would.

JC was better off when I had the sig saying he was equal to Brunell. Hmm... if only I had more sig space.

Washington Redskins fans are the only people that think Jason Campbell is any good at all.

Anytime I have a friend who I can persuade (with alcohol) to watch a Redskins game with me, they all say the same thing - "Jason Campbell sucks."

On Monday night the world saw how bad he sucks.

Is he the only problem? Probably not. But does he suck all kinds of suck? Absolutely.

Why?

We already tried to trade him last offseason. Why would we sign him to a new contract. And what makes you think he'd want to sign with us anyways? I doubt we tag him.

we don't have to. He's a restricted free agent due to the free agency rules of an uncapped year. All we have to do is give him an offer sheet and if we don't and he signs somewhere else we lose the right to compensation. That is why we'll sign him to an offer sheet.

STOP THE EXCUSES!! :mad:

I am with you, Bubba.

If you don't like what you got, change it. You are professional athlete act like one. You get paid Millions of dollars for 4 months to showcase your skills and talent . If you have none shut the **** up, and move along!

Perhaps, Jason needs some more tissues! :mad:

Washington Redskins fans are the only people that think Jason Campbell is any good at all.

Anytime I have a friend who I can persuade (with alcohol) to watch a Redskins game with me, they all say the same thing - "Jason Campbell sucks."

Is he the only problem? Probably not. But does he suck all kinds of suck? Absolutely.

gee, you're friends with everyone in the entire country? Including NFL scouting personnel?

i dont know a single person outside of the skins fan base that thinks hes worth anything. most people knew he was weak a year ago, but its natural for us to hold out hope.

i wonder if the campbell fan club actually starts him on their fantasy teams. we all know hes available. lol

we don't have to. He's a restricted free agent due to the free agency rules of an uncapped year. All we have to do is give him an offer sheet and if we don't and he signs somewhere else we lose the right to compensation. That is why we'll sign him to an offer sheet.

So can't we just give him a low ball offer sheet? And if it's still up to him where to sign, let's say he has multiple offers, what makes you think he wants to stick around here? Pardon my ignorance, I don't keep up on contracts etc.

So can't we just give him a low ball offer sheet? And if it's still up to him where to sign, let's say he has multiple offers, what makes you think he wants to stick around here? Pardon my ignorance, I don't keep up on contracts etc.

We would probaly put a 2nd Rd tender on him and trade him for a 3rd or 4th if offered.

the offer sheet must be extended at the beginning of the free agent period. I'm not sure about the price, but considering the number of restricted free agents who have been stuck with their teams I think it has to be considered a fair offer, because the player doesn't get to turn it down. After the offer sheet is signed if anyone offers him a contract the Skins have the right to match or recieve compensation. The potential compensation depends on the offer. For example, since he's a former first rounder if we offer him enough and he signed elsewhere we'd be entitled to a first rounder or we could negotiate with the other team.

If no one makes him an offer by the end of the restricted free agency period he reverts to us.

if JC is on this roster next year i will vomit all over myself. all this team does is lose when hes here. the sooner we rid ourselves of him the better off we'll be. year 6 of the campbell experiment seriously sounds like chinese water torture.

You'd have to suffer through a year 7, then. You can pass judgement on JC until, at least, the second year of the new offense he'll learn.

You'd have to suffer through a year 7, then. You can pass judgement on JC until, at least, the second year of the new offense he'll learn.

i feel like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting, where he tells Matt Damon the best part of his day is going to Will's door, knocking on it, and hoping he doesnt answer because hes gone.

every day i wake up and hope to see "campbell released" or "campbell traded" or "campbell benched". and every day so far ive been disappointed.

Archived