Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened with Portis? Was he pulled after the helmet toss?

AsburySkinsFan

Late 4th.

He threw his helmet after that botched 4th down play, where the snap never even got to Campbell and Thomas was again wide open in the end zone.

The next time we got the ball there was like 3 minutes left, he was in the game, blocking, because of course we were not running the ball down 17 and he is the only RB on the roster that can block.

I really don't understand the Portis hate. We are talking about a guy that ran for 1,500 yards last year.

You guys do realize our offensive line is terrible and we have no threat of a passing game right?

What is it that you expect out of Portis this year? If anything, I wish they'd cut back his carries this year to prolong his career, no need in killing himself this year behind that line and with Campbell back there.

14 carries 49 yards...3.5 per. Not impressive.

Name a RB that could run behind that offensive line, that wasn't even considered good before all the injuries.

Then throw in the fact that we scare nobody with our passing game, which means everyone is playing 8 and 9 guys in the box.

I really don't understand how you can blame that on Portis, there are no running lanes, no RB in the NFL could do well in the same situation.

Dumb ASS FANS..BLame Portis..wtf ARE single handed lost the game for us...Fair catches at the ten yard line whe n he could have returned the ball for about 16 yards...next play JC is int for 6...Then we score,three and out them ,then he fumbles the punt...Then right after that he drops a sure first down on third down...Moss dropped a TD ..WTF isn't snyone talking about Ra****...Fumbling snap,after snap,Fumbled on a sure DT 2 td pass on 4th and goal...

Wow there is some hate for Portis. Sorry he showed some emotion. U hate to see a guy pissed because they lose. I guess u can throw guys like Michael Irvin and Gary Clark in that category to. Personally I like seeing a guy pissed they arent getting it done instead of going off and giggling on the sideline with his buddies.

He shouldve threw the helmet after he failed to take that long run to the endzone last week. Mannn blow this entire offense up. I swear I hope there is no salary cap this offseason so we can cut these past their prime bums with these huge contracts. Portis and ARE need to go. CP is cool as hell, but Ive been calling for him to go. He's running like a 2nd or 3rd string RB.

Dumb ASS FANS..BLame Portis..wtf ARE single handed lost the game for us...Fair catches at the ten yard line whe n he could have returned the ball for about 16 yards...next play JC is int for 6...Then we score,three and out them ,then he fumbles the punt...Then right after that he drops a sure first down on third down...Moss dropped a TD ..WTF isn't snyone talking about Ra****...Fumbling snap,after snap,Fumbled on a sure DT 2 td pass on 4th and goal...

This whole damn place is full of uneducated fans.

They can't fathom that a players bad stats can be a result of the players around him.

News flash guys, RBs need a decent offensive line to run behind, they also need a passing game that keeps the other team from loading up the box with 8 and 9 guys.

Everything isn't cut and dry and black and white, you actually have to think sometimes instead of just looking at the stat sheet.

They can't fathom that a players bad stats can be a result of the players around him.

News flash guys, RBs need a decent offensive line to run behind, they also need a passing game that keeps the other team from loading up the box with 8 and 9 guys.

Everything isn't cut and dry and black and white, you actually have to think sometimes instead of just looking at the stat sheet.

This loss isnt Portis's fault, but the players around him have nothin to do with his extremely limited acceleration. Andy Reid can walk CPs slow azz down on a big run at this point. We need an ENTIRELY new offense, PERIOD. Moss, Cooley, Portis, JC, EVERYONE needs to go....

Wow there is some hate for Portis. Sorry he showed some emotion. U hate to see a guy pissed because they lose. I guess u can throw guys like Michael Irvin and Gary Clark in that category to.

No you din't! CP isn't qualified to carry Gary Clark's jock!

So the same excuses should be there for JC right? Put Brady behind our o-line and he's be ordinary.

This loss isnt Portis's fault, but the players around him have nothin to do with his extremely limited acceleration. Andy Reid can walk CPs slow azz down on a big run at this point. We need an ENTIRELY new offense, PERIOD. Moss, Cooley, Portis, JC, EVERYONE needs to go....

Everyone but Cooley, Cmon, really best pass catcher we have. Ive said all along they need to use him like other teams with great TEs, move him around, flex him out to the slot, AND dont let him BLOCK!!!!! Hes sucks in that dept.

wake up, seriously do any of you who trash CP actually watch these games(granted he falls a few times and has missed a few holes) but damn get off his back, JC has always been the problem and and always will be, dont listen to me, listen to Steve Young and Charlie C, Its obvious what the issue is on the team, think before you talk

The guy ran for 1,500 yards last season. I'm not ready to call his career done after 7 games behind the worst line in the NFL and a passing game that does nothing to help him.

Portis is one of the few players with heart on this offense. He can't do it by himself, but he busts his ass trying.

Yes he's getting old, but he doesn't deserve to be trashed because of all the bums around him. He was the one showing the most emotion when we beat TB. He showed the most emotion during tonight's craptacular performance. He wants to win.

He's one of the all-time great running backs. But nobody will ever know it because he had the misfortune of getting stuck on this joke of a franchise.

The guy ran for 1,500 yards last season. I'm not ready to call his career done after 7 games behind the worst line in the NFL and a passing game that does nothing to help him.

What about him going to the coaches asking one of his teammates to be benched?

The problem is that Portis IS the face of the franchise, with all of its dysfunction and me-me-me attitudes.

HOF44,

Yes, Tom Brady would be average behind this offensive line. Tom Brady was pretty average at Michigan, which is why he was a 6th round draft pick.

You put Tom Brady on a great offensive team with a great coach and you have a HOF'er.

And before anyone calls me a Campbell apologists, Tom Brady would do better than Campbell is, probably a lot better, but he still wouldn't be all that successful.

Archived