Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened with Portis? Was he pulled after the helmet toss?

AsburySkinsFan

You think that its asking too much for your starting running back to be able to break long runs when no one is around them??? Fantasy football??? You mancrushers need to understand that it comes a time when a player is DONE. Hes a dam RB, they come a dime a dozen. Hell, Im down to keep CP. AS A SECOND STRINGER. Cartwright runs with more explosion then CP at this point. That is a dam shame. But keep on riding his jock while he continues to get walked down by DTs, only for us come off the field with 3 points, IF we can that. I hold no allegiance to these players, I hold it to the Redskin organization. If you aint cuttin it anymore, you can be GONE.....I dont have mancrushes....I have crushes on females.....

None of what you said was based in any sort of fact or logic. It was nothing more than an emotion filled rant.

This mancrush nonsense you speak of is ridiculous, it has nothing to do with that, it has everything to do with understanding the game and realizing the personel the Redskins have right now is a huge reason they can't run the ball.

Again, the guy ran for 1,500 yards last season, it's 7 games into a season where he's running behind the worst line in the NFL, with one of the worst passing games in the NFL.

Anybody that understands football and isn't just a ranting fan, would disagree with everything you have said.

Or have packages with BOTH in there, MAYBE we could run a little better. Who are you going to draft or player to get for Cooley that is as good as Cooley? NOBODY, you have to keep core people, the rest have to go.

That's my point, whether Cooley is great or not, our team is only going to go but so far. Its like having a beat up hoopty with a shiney steering wheel cover. TE can be replaced. Especially if we have one on the roster that we waisted a 2nd rd pick on. See what he's got. And whatever pick (s) we get for him, we can use them to address our o-line or any other spot on our offense. Hell, maybe a half decent LB, so we can finally put Orakpo on the line for good. IDK, Im just tired of seeing this same bland offence where Cooley is our top guy. Trust me, I wouldnt want to see him go as easily as I am suggesting it. But we have to sacrifice something.

None of what you said was based in any sort of fact or logic. It was nothing more than an emotion filled rant.

This mancrush nonsense you speak of is ridiculous, it has nothing to do with that, it has everything to do with understanding the game and realizing the personel the Redskins have right now is a huge reason they can't run the ball.

Again, the guy ran for 1,500 yards last season, it's 7 games into a season where he's running behind the worst line in the NFL, with one of the worst passing games in the NFL.

Anybody that understands football and isn't just a ranting fan, would disagree with everything you have said.

I DEFINETLY understand that CP is running behind a bum oline. But like I said, how do you blame the oline if they create a hole for him and he runs into the back of an olinemen???? AGAIN...... And how do you blame the oline when you get a wide open run and run with the speed of a FB? Im just saying, dont give me this crap about how it is ENTIRELY the olines fault when CP lacks field vision, cutback ability and speed. And Im not expecting him to be Barry Sanders, but dont be Colonel Sanders neither.

I hear all this about Burst LMAO..Its called Confidence..You Put Cp onNew England ,the Colts,Minny,NYG,I bet he would be breaking all sorts of runs....Do any of you stupid fans Remember Barber? He was the softest RB in the NFL ....But with coaching He became Walter P..Yes Confidence is his burst..WTF do you think CP is thinking ?when he runs CPis telling himself just run straight ahead gain some yards..OR Try to Dance around and make a Break away run.....ES fans answer this for me...WHo has a burst on this team..? name one guy? I guess its the whole intire team lacks burst..LMAO.. Just like Cooley getting injuried made these slow fans realize the young guys can play some ball...Whats net Marko Mitchell is a bust too? Name a RB thats going to come in here a do better than CP now?

:chair::chair::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I DEFINETLY understand that CP is running behind a bum oline. But like I said, how do you blame the oline if they create a hole for him and he runs in the back of an oline men???? AGAIN. How do you blame the oline when you get a wide open run and run with the speed of a FB? Im just saying, dont give me this crap about how it is ENTIRELY the olines fault when CP lacks field vision, cutback ability and speed. And Im not expecting him to be Barry Sanders, but dont be Colonel Sanders neither.

So who do you suggest ? that will come here and Turn this Oline into the Hoggs ...I am wating to hear this

:chair::chair::doh::doh::doh::doh:

So who do you suggest ? that will come here and Turn this Oline into the Hoggs ...I am wating to hear this

AGAIN.........this is not about the oline, it is about the CPs phyical ability to get the job done. Like I said, Betts and Cartwright are both running better them CP, and I cant stand either of those guys. We dont have to go out and make a big trade or spend a 1st rounder on a RB. But we need a back with some speed who can stay on their feet and take advange of big runs when the opportunities are presented to them. We can get that with a 3rd-4th rounder.

AGAIN.........this is not about the oline, it is about the CPs phyical ability to get the job done. Like I said, Betts and Cartwright are both running better them CP, and I cant stand either of those guys. We dont have to go out and make a big trade or spend a 1st rounder on a RB. But we need a back with some speed who can stay on their feet and take advange of big runs when the opportunities are presented to them. We can get that with a 3rd-4th rounder.

Portis is ranked 12th inthe NFl by tmar he will move up to 6th or 5th:doh:

Betts and Rock better ? Vinny is that you

Congrats this is the dumbest post ever:chair::chair::chair:

Yeah,Because cutting our Best Offensive Player would be the answer to this teams problems:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Our best offensive player broke his ankle tonight. CP is done, and I guarantee you that they could plug any other RB in there and get at least the same amount of production they've gotten from CP this year. Which is pretty much zero.

Yeah,Because cutting our Best Offensive Player would be the answer to this teams problems:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If this guy is our best offensive player, we are in trouble regardless. Like I said, all of our offense is expendable if you ask me. And this isnt some angry rant, I was saying this last year WHILE we were on our winning streak in the beginning of the year. But CP wasnt getting walked down on wide open runs during that time. I still thought we could have another back to compliment him better then Betts.

Portis is ranked 12th inthe NFl by tmar he will move up to 6th or 5th:doh:

Betts and Rock better ? Vinny is that you

Congrats this is the dumbest post ever:chair::chair::chair:

They are running with more passion then he is. At this point, Im ready to see what Betts or Bumazz Cartwright can do if they get all of the snaps in a game. Keep letting those bs stats boost your head. CP STANKS.....

Our best offensive player broke his ankle tonight. CP is done, and I guarantee you that they could plug any other RB in there and get at least the same amount of production they've gotten from CP this year. Which is pretty much zero.

new flash Cooley has never been our best Offensive player.he has been one of the best but never has been our best..it was MOSS or CP facts

LMAO top 10 ranked with anybody?

Portis is still ranked 7th 1 yard behind the 6th rushing leader..SMH with this oline still...ES will be back on CP sack just a matter of time...Lewis Playcalling might be what CP needed keeping the D off balance..hopefully after the by Lewis will be able to call the run plays too...With a passing game sorry CP haters you will be forced back on his sack 7th leading rusher 1 yrd away from the 6th spot...2 back to back 100 yrd game will move him into the top 3 ....

new flash Cooley has never been our best Offensive player.he has been one of the best but never has been our best..it was MOSS or CP facts

LMAO top 10 ranked with anybody?

Really??? I'm talking about THIS YEAR, not 2006. I'd agree with Moss maybe, except we don't have a QB who can get him the ball. So given our current situation, Cooley is (IMO) most definitely the offense's biggest weapon. He's always open and can actually break a tackle here and there.

Really??? I'm talking about THIS YEAR, not 2006. I'd agree with Moss maybe, except we don't have a QB who can get him the ball. So given our current situation, Cooley is (IMO) most definitely the offense's biggest weapon. He's always open and can actually break a tackle here and there.

Cools has always been ONE of our Best PLayers..But he was never our BEst Player..Facts...When Cooley gets Dbl teamed he becomes a nobody on the feild just like Moss,and CP...Cp was leading the NFl in Rushing for 3/4 of the year ..Cooley has never lead TE in anything besides fumbles...Cooley is hands down ONE of our Best Players but not the best..the NFl media was calling CP mvp last season....When have your ever heard Cooley being considered the NFL's MVP?

Not trying to say Cooley is anything short of a beast..Just showing how the ES fanbase is ..>Week to week fans/...CP is ranked 7th one yrd behind 6th...a couple of good games and he will be ranked top 4..The fans will hop back on his nutts...fact

CP still has it we just have a terrible O line, I barely c any BIG holes to run thru, you can't run off tackle every single time it just doesnt work, defenses pick it up sooner or later

Really? Check this out. It's not about the MNF game. This was posted a few days ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=jaworski_ron&id=4588518

Another problem is the regression of running back Clinton Portis. The offensive line is making good blocks and getting Portis to the second level of the defense. The old Portis would make an initial 3-yard gain into an explosive 20- or 30-yard play. He's not doing that anymore, so Washington's running game does not scare anyone, making it harder on Campbell and the passing game.

Archived