Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened with Portis? Was he pulled after the helmet toss?

AsburySkinsFan

Really? Check this out. It's not about the MNF game. This was posted a few days ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=jaworski_ron&id=4588518

Well yeah CP has missed a step, but I have dvr'ed all the games except for one that i missed hitting the rec button on and it seems that the o-lineman has only able to force out in between S/Med holes, but for the most part Rabach and Heyer have whiffed, but we also need another speedy yet husky back to support Cp since you generally need 2 RB's in the running game in NFL

I really don't understand the Portis hate. We are talking about a guy that ran for 1,500 yards last year.

You guys do realize our offensive line is terrible and we have no threat of a passing game right?

What is it that you expect out of Portis this year? If anything, I wish they'd cut back his carries this year to prolong his career, no need in killing himself this year behind that line and with Campbell back there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it comes to some of these "so called" Redskins fans' opinions it goes just like this...

ready?........FIRE!!!.....aim

I don't see why everyone is ragging on him for being upset. He could be upset with himself, the Oline, the coaching staff, the whole team etc... He has the right to show some passion, some anger, some frustration. Is that not what we have been asking of this team all year? Show some emotion.

Someone has to get it started. I know CP has lost a step but when it seems like every play the Oline is collapsing or not creating space for anyone to run through it frustrates us all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When it comes to some of these "so called" Redskins fans' opinions it goes just like this...

ready?........FIRE!!!.....aim

What are you talking about? I think a level headed fan would agree with him. CP needs his carries to be down to prolong his career and with no passing game the D can just blitz and stack the box.

I don't know what people are complaining about, Portis + tossed helmet = emotion and a sign that someone on the offense actually freaking cares. News to me.

I agree. I think we'd be foolish to question his heart. He's shown he comes to play. I'd say between him and Cooley they've been our only real consistant weapons over the years. Maybe Moss but he tends to disappear for stretches. Now, having said that he does look to be struggling this year. Is it the OL? Injury? Passing game not helping out? who knows. But he does seem to be struggling for whatever reason. I'm just glad to see some emotion from somebody on the offense. We certainly don't see it from Campbell.

What are you talking about? I think a level headed fan would agree with him. CP needs his carries to be down to prolong his career and with no passing game the D can just blitz and stack the box.

I was agreeing with that guy. I was commenting on those people who make unfounded comments about certain players who are out there busting their asses every week.

CP is a good blocker, but when the kitchen sink is being thrown at the o-line, its kinda hard to block effectively.

At least CP is pissed about the performance, unlike CR who smiles after being burned on every play.

The whole team needs to be disected, picked apart, and rebuilt during the bye week; but CP is a player that any other team would pick up in a heartbeat, and believe me, it WILL come back to haunt the Skins if he is cut...

I'm ready for the Clinton Portis era to end in Washington. I'm very hopeful that next year is uncapped so he can be cut.

He pouts. He has a sense of entitlement. He is a ridiculously big cap hit given his position and production. He has a huge ego. It's time to move on.

Thanks for what you did during the Gibbs II era (specifically 2005 and 2007), but this organization needs to go in a new direction.

man you guys just don't know what you are talking about!

rock had one carry for 8 yards on a delay!! Yes he did run hard, but that is easy with only three down lineman.

Portis has to sidestep and try to get something out of nothing almost every single play!!

You guys are a joke

man you guys just don't know what you are talking about!

rock had one carry for 8 yards on a delay!! Yes he did run hard, but that is easy with only three down lineman.

Portis has to sidestep and try to get something out of nothing almost every single play!!

You guys are a joke

Portis is better than Rock. I think everyone with a brain agrees. Portis is also run down, pouty, expensive, and entitled. It's time for him to move on and for the Redskins to pay a reasonable price for average to below-average rushing.

I don't see anything wrong with him throwing his helmet. If I remember correctly, it was right after the series where the Eagles had a bad punt and we got the ball on their 30 yard line. Then our putrid offense couldn't even do anything with field position like that. I felt like throwing something too.

Portis is not to blame. Our QB is terrible and absolutely nobody fears our passing game. Defenses are always stacking the box. Then you add that our oline is mostly back ups, it's going to be hard to get good yards running the ball. While Portis is a little older, I would bet anything that if he was on a good team, he'd be getting some real good yards.

I don't see anything wrong with him throwing his helmet. If I remember correctly, it was right after the series where the Eagles had a bad punt and we got the ball on their 30 yard line. Then our putrid offense couldn't even do anything with field position like that. I felt like throwing something too.

Portis is not to blame. Our QB is terrible and absolutely nobody fears our passing game. Defenses are always stacking the box. Then you add that our oline is mostly back ups, it's going to be hard to get good yards running the ball. While Portis is a little older, I would bet anything that if he was on a good team, he'd be getting some real good yards.

He can be frustrated...but he's been the face of our offense for 6 years now...maybe he should be a constructive veteran leader instead of a pouting baby. Pull the offense together and fire them up. Don't walk off the field, chuck your helmet, sulk, and then be caught on camera later on making jokes to defensive players...

He can be frustrated...but he's been the face of our offense for 6 years now...maybe he should be a constructive veteran leader instead of a pouting baby. Pull the offense together and fire them up. Don't walk off the field, chuck your helmet, sulk, and then be caught on camera later on making jokes to defensive players...

He was doing that the entire game and pretty much, since he has been here.

It was far from Portiss fault that we are not scoring or that he isn't on the field more.

The man got frustrated and frankly, I can't blame him.

Archived