Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this game gonna be a Philly home game?

CliffBattles

Here's the big difference, the Redskins are 2-4 and are showing signs of being a sinking ship. Besides being a division game against a rival team, this game on paper is looking to be a beatdown in our own stadium. Can you blame fans in the current situation for not wanting to waste their time/money? Doesn't mean Redskins can't or won't pull out some magic and win, however it would definately be considered a huge upset, especially after the Eagles laid an egg in Oakland.

Last year against the Steelers, I believe we were something like 4-1 or 4-2 going into that game, and it was pretty competative until Carlos Rogers decided to drop another rather easy Pick-6, and from that point on the Steelers kind of took over the game.

Last year there was no excuse to be let all those Steelers fans get tickets considering at that point in the season our team was at the top of the NFC East and looking good and it was a pretty big marquee game that week.

Here's the big difference, the Redskins are 2-4 and are showing signs of being a sinking ship. Besides being a division game against a rival team, this game on paper is looking to be a beatdown in our own stadium. Can you blame fans in the current situation for not wanting to waste their time/money?

Last year against the Steelers, I believe we were something like 4-1 or 4-2 going into that game, and it was pretty competative until Carlos Rogers decided to drop another rather easy Pick-6, and from that point on the Steelers kind of took over the game.

Last year there was no excuse to be let all those Steelers fans get tickets considering at that point in the season our team was at the top of the NFC East and looking good and it was a pretty big marquee game that week.

One thing that has never been brought up is "when" those Steeler fans got tickets. First and foremost, it's never appropriate to sell/give your seats to visiting fans in my opinion. But a lot of STH's for a lot of different teams in various sports have told me that if you sell the "right game," you can almost pay for the entire season. If a Skins fan recognized that there was a huge number of Steeler fans in the area and they could get top dollar for the tickets, maybe they sold them well before the season started. Again, there's no excuse for that, but it's a bit less malicious than deciding to sell them the week of the game, when as we know the Skins were looking pretty good. Not to mention that all of the people that bought on stub hub could have been a fan of either team. To that point, I hope that all of the Eagle fans that are in attendance act up so much that the STH's loose their tickets. If they're going to sell out the team and the fans like that, they don't deserve to have season tickets.

There will still be more Skins fans. Opposing team's jerseys at some games are like a turd in a punchbowl. The turd is noticeable, but there is way more punch in there.

Best quote ive heard in probably a calendar month...so true.

People were saying there were as many Skins fans down in Carolina as Panthers fans....i was there. Maybe 20k Skins fans but a good 50k Panthers fans.

I like to just mention that everyone always says Steelers are the best traveling fanbase. Thats not true they don't travel. Their already there. Places like Washington, Philly, Jacksonville, and even Dallas are full of them. Eagles aren't the same way. Trust me as I mentioned one time I have close connections the steelers from friends and family despite being born in the DC area. They will tell you they don't need to travel. Ask Jaguars fans who have their city called Jacksonburgh all the time because of all the steelers fans.

It's funny how all of our fans were complaining about the Steeler takeover debacle last season, and some of those same fans are now selling their tickets intentionally to Philly fans, because they WANT the stadium to be taken over. :doh:

Was thinking the same thing..........some fans we have.

I get that seeing a sea of green would send a message to Snyder...but really, did anything change after the Steelers took over our stadium last year? And what is really going to change halfway through the year anyway? Shanahan won't come in midseason, do you really think any other respectable coach will want to come into this wreck halfway through the year? You think Danny will fire Vinny because the stadium turned green? I just don't think this is the way to go about it.

It's just gonna end up embarrassing us.

I hate philly fans SO much...I hate the cowgirls team more, but I hate philly fans the most. They're rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious.

I don't want them taking over our stadium. We shouldn't need eagles fans to send a message to our owner. If people wanted to send a message they should have kept their tickets and just not gone to the game.

I don't have much pride left in this organization, but I have enough to be disgusted by the thought of eagles fans taking over FedEx.

I don't have much pride left in this organization, but I have enough to be disgusted by the thought of eagles fans taking over FedEx.

Let's be honest: many fans who attend games at FedEx don't have the passion or loyalty that most fans here do. The days of RFK are long gone. That's why they think it's OK not to show up for games (KC) or OK to sell their tickets directly or indirectly (StubHub) to opposing fans.

You are absolutely right. The people who look the worst when the stadium is half empty, or taken over by opposing fans, are the Redskins fans, not Dan Snyder. It makes no difference to him if the seats are filled or not, because they've been paid for.

But we will be viewed as poor/fairweather fans on Tuesday morning if ESPN shows a national audience that we can't fill our stadium or get taken over for a divisional rivalry game.

I get that seeing a sea of green would send a message to Snyder...but really, did anything change after the Steelers took over our stadium last year? And what is really going to change halfway through the year anyway? Shanahan won't come in midseason, do you really think any other respectable coach will want to come into this wreck halfway through the year? You think Danny will fire Vinny because the stadium turned green? I just don't think this is the way to go about it.

It's just gonna end up embarrassing us.

I hate philly fans SO much...I hate the cowgirls team more, but I hate philly fans the most. They're rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious.

I don't want them taking over our stadium. We shouldn't need eagles fans to send a message to our owner. If people wanted to send a message they should have kept their tickets and just not gone to the game.

Eagle fans are the worst of the worst. And the worst part (not to be overly-repetitive) is that when you throw their reputation in their faces they're proud of it. They like the image that they have, and they like thinking that people are afraid of them. (I'm not afraid of anyone, but I know a lot of fans of other teams that refuse to go to Philadelphia.) I've said this in other threads, but I hope that any Skins fan that sold tickets to a Philly fan looses his tickets because the Eagle fans misbehaved.

Let's be honest: many fans who attend games at FedEx don't have the passion or loyalty that most fans here do. The days of RFK are long gone. That's why they think it's OK not to show up for games (KC) or OK to sell their tickets directly or indirectly (StubHub) to opposing fans.

You are absolutely right. The people who look the worst when the stadium is half empty, or taken over by opposing fans, are the Redskins fans, not Dan Snyder. It makes no difference to him if the seats are filled or not, because they've been paid for.

But we will be viewed as poor/fairweather fans on Tuesday morning if ESPN shows a national audience that we can't fill our stadium or get taken over for a divisional rivalry game.

Yeah, and the worst part will be that it wasn't even on a weekend afternoon...it was a Monday night so presumably all of those Eagle fans will have to drive home and work on Tuesday morning.

...and the buffoonery continues.

Oh Green One is laughing at you, the concept is elementary, I am not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding it. You hate my idea because it's creative, has a positive spin to it and outside the box. I am sorry you can't grasp what I think is a elementary concept. Maybe I went overboard by saying Skins fans should wear green, but wearing burgandy and gold certainly wont help.

Have you ever been to a Eagles game at Fed Ex, especially pre gibbs under Snyder? (2001 to 2003)

I am tired of Skins fans selling their tickets to opposing teams, if we don't do something this year, Eagles/opposing teams fans are going to be taking over Fed Ex formany years to come. It's a good thing we don't play the Ravens this year.

For those of you who think there won't be more Eagles fans than Skins fans, you could be right. I will say this, if the Skins are losing at half Redskins fans will be out numbered by Eagles fans 75/25 best case scenario.

Eagle fans are the worst of the worst. And the worst part (not to be overly-repetitive) is that when you throw their reputation in their faces they're proud of it. They like the image that they have, and they like thinking that people are afraid of them. (I'm not afraid of anyone, but I know a lot of fans of other teams that refuse to go to Philadelphia.) I've said this in other threads, but I hope that any Skins fan that sold tickets to a Philly fan looses his tickets because the Eagle fans misbehaved.

Eagles supporters: the USA's answer to Millwall ('No One Likes Us, We Don't Care').

Archived