Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this game gonna be a Philly home game?

CliffBattles

Would I care as much this time?

Double edged sword.

Obviously yes, from the stand point it's never good to see your house taken over, even less so when it's in front of the Nation.

On the other hand, I understand and wouldn't castigate ANY ticket holder for moving their tickets on when things are as bad as they currently are, let alone it being a Monday night game which plays havoc with peoples schedules in the immediate area, let alone those that travel in from afar.

Hail.

Unfortunately, if a lot of non-fans get their way, It will be all Philly fans and a blow out win by Philly. :doh:

Don't let this happen! Have pride in the B&G. If your problem is with Snyder, fly a plain over the stadium in protest like the 79 Giants.

Chanting directly to The Dan is another good tactic. But don't dis the skins! :helmet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

Giant fan reaction

Fans turned on management and ownership as previously grumbled complaints about the team's ineptitude turned into an incessant roar. Their team was now the laughingstock of the league. The Fumble (a term in use before the end of the week) epitomized all the mismanagement and all the talent the team had let get away.

At a demonstration outside the stadium prior to the next home game against the Los Angeles Rams, many threw tickets into a bonfire. A Newark furniture dealer named Morris Spielberg organized a Giants' Fans Committee after running an ad in the Newark Star-Ledger that drew hundreds of responses. They met at a hotel near the stadium prior to the team's final home game on December 10 against the St. Louis Cardinals and distributed flyers to pass out to fellow fans during the game. Spielberg had arranged for a plane to fly over the stadium with a banner reading "15 Years of Lousy Football — We've Had Enough." When it came, fans were to chant, "We've had enough" as a peaceful protest against the team's poor management.

The Giants posted a 17-0 shutout win, but when the plane came (an hour behind schedule) fans showed the victory was not enough to make them forget their recent humiliation. " There were more than 24,000 empty seats, yet nevertheless the crowd applause and chants briefly stopped play.

The worst part about this is that we are talking about Eagle fans... in my experience they tend to be the worst to have to deal with. The stadium is going to be absolutely crawling with them.

The good news is hopefully the influx of Eagle fans will mean the stadium won't look 40% empty like it did against KC. I'd hate for that to happen on national TV.

The Eagles just lost to the lowly Raider(oh wait...the raiders beat the Chiefs :mad:) so their fans should be pretty angry with their team right now just like we are with the redskins. i guess this MNF game will be a test to see who has more loyal fans. the eagles have never won a super bowl and just lost to the raiders...their fans should be pretty beaten down right? we'll see on monday night.

I will always care, its OUR house.

I was at the steelers game last year, and that was embarrassing. I never want to see that again. :doh: We were surrounded by their fans, might as well have been in Pittsburgh.

I will be there this Monday with 3 friends, all of us rocking the Burgundy and Gold.

:eaglesuck

I will always care, its OUR house.

I was at the steelers game last year, and that was embarrassing. I never want to see that again. :doh: We were surrounded by their fans, might as well have been in Pittsburgh.

I will be there this Monday with 3 friends, all of us rocking the Burgundy and Gold.

If I lived on the East Coast I'd be there. I'll be at the San Diego game wearing the skins colors

It's funny how all of our fans were complaining about the Steeler takeover debacle last season, and some of those same fans are now selling their tickets intentionally to Philly fans, because they WANT the stadium to be taken over. :doh:

MNF is going to be hilarious IMO. Sadly, after nothing but great Monday night games so far, this is going to be ugly.

I think there will be a bunch of Eagles fans there, but I doubt it will be like last year with the Steelers.

I think a lot of factors will play into an ugly game for us. The Eagles are coming off an ugly game at Oakland. I'm sure they're pissed about being swept last year as well. Sherm Lewis is apparently not up to speed with the offense, and he's calling our plays. It seems with the reporting of players voicing their displeasure with Campbell's benching, the HC(if you can now call him that) has finally lost the team. Zorn hasn't even told Campbell he's starting yet, but has told Todd to be ready. OLine will be the same as last week. Apathetic and frustrated fans will be at the stadium. This MNF should be one to remember...unfortunately not for another great NFC East showdown. Should be entertaining though.

I'll be there in burgundy, so I don't really care.

The more Philly fans, the more people to laugh at when we win.

There's an optimist.
There are over 4000 seats available on stubhub for MNF.

There's just over 5500 which is down from over 6000 yesterday.

In a few mins, a bunch will disappear because the network will disconnect. All that will remain will be "last minute services" tickets.

Edit: It's now 1:30 and the site shows just over 1500 tix.

Only thing.....do you care as much this time?

nope. last year we were 6-2, getting ready to head into the bye week. it was a huge game for us, and was embarassing that our fans didn't show more support.

this year... well, there's no reason to be angry at the fans. the team is dreadful.

With the way things are going, is this gonna be another embarrassing MNF experience, where the announcers continually reference how the crowd seems to be mostly the opposing team?

Only thing.....do you care as much this time?

One can only hope the Philly fans turn Fed Ex into a three ring circus. The more the announcers talk about the lack of Redskins fan attendance and the reasons why, the better.

It's funny how all of our fans were complaining about the Steeler takeover debacle last season, and some of those same fans are now selling their tickets intentionally to Philly fans, because they WANT the stadium to be taken over. :doh:

comparing last years MNF to this years is a stretch. completely different scenarios.

One can only hope the Philly fans turn Fed Ex into a three ring circus. The more the announcers talk about the lack of Redskins fan attendance and the reasons why, the better.
Was wondering when you were going to show up on this thread...

ya had to know it wasnt going to take him long....

he has an important message to get out to the masses and he'll use any avenue available to him to be sure it reaches all the unknowing fans.

/sarcasm

Archived