Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What comes after Monday night?

evmiii

Can anything happen Monday night to save Jim Zorn? Everyone seems to believe that Zorn will be fired if they lose. What if they win?

Zorn is supposed to be the offensive guy. If you change play callers and then somehow play better an win, isn't this an even bigger indictment of Zorn?

Is he gone either way?

He is out of here like a Mitch Williams' fast-ball. Win or lose...of course if he wins Snyderatto will be grumbling because Zorn screwed their perfect plan...but they're too far committed to this idea to back off now.

Notice something though...the Front Office is yet to deny any of this!

Here is my guess,

Zorn fired

Gray promoted to interim HC

Vinny fired at seasons end

Shanahan hired as HC maybe GM

If Shanahan is hired there is no maybe about it, he will be both HC and GM. Which makes me a little leery. He did not make some of the best personnel decisions in the world when he was given full control in Denver. See: Clarett, Maurice.

Dan announces a press conference.

Apologizes for the last 12 years. Take the blame for the current state of the franchise. That he just wanted to do good but in retrospect may have hurt the franchise.

Says publicly that the Redskins are rebuilding. That this process is going to be long and arduous. That he is going to need the fans to be understanding that he is behind the long term solution and not a quick fix.

Announces the hiring of (fill in he blank young gun GM)

That he is leaving football matters to the football people

He is moving the team back to DC and building a stadium with his own cash

I disagree with those that think he is definitly gone after the game.

If we beat the eagles, or lose a close one where the offense puts up some pretty good numbers, then I think they keep Zorn.

And I say this because the season is still young. Yes I know, things look very bleek and we have a very tough scheadule coming up, but you know sometimes its just a little momentum in the right direction that could change things around. So beating a divisional rival this early could be that momentum changer.

\

Now if we lose with another poor offensive showing, and/or get blown out, then all bets are off and jerry gray will be the interim HC.

Dan announces a press conference.

Apologizes for the last 12 years. Take the blame for the current state of the franchise. That he just wanted to do good but in retrospect may have hurt the franchise.

Says publicly that the Redskins are rebuilding. That this process is going to be long and arduous. That he is going to need the fans to be understanding that he is behind the long term solution and not a quick fix.

Announces the hiring of (fill in he blank young gun GM)

That he is leaving football matters to the football people

He is moving the team back to DC and building a stadium with his own cash

If that happened you have no idea how this board would just errupt in sheer joy.

But I don't see it happening...wish it would though.

Zorn gets canned, JC still insists that he will do better next week, but will be cut, and they both go out and get snockered drunk and cry on each others' shoulders, wondering "what if"...

But on a more serious side, I do not think the Eagles game will make much difference; Snyder doesn't want to hear boo's and "sell the team" chants all year, afterall, he has a bigger ego than anyone on the team.

I don't believe Zorn will be fired, but he surely will be removed from alot of his duties, and the HC position will be just a label.

JC, well, thats a different situation. If he continues to show poor production, and not just junk stats late in the 4th qtr, he will be benched within the next 3 weeks permanently.

It sucks, because I am sure both of them want to win badly, they are both great people outside of football, just lacking the much-needed skills to produce, and its not working out, especially in this "win now" league.

I have been a JC basher for awhile, all the time hoping he would get better, but its gone beyond being critical of him, its kicking a dead mule, and many players in different positions should take a hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they really believe they are worth the money they are being paid...

If that happened you have no idea how this board would just errupt in sheer joy.

But I don't see it happening...wish it would though.

Nah, the board would blast him for

- not doing it sooner

- saying something wrong

- having too much money

- being short

Archived