Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chucky and Bruce Allen as a Package

veteranskinsfan

He's a good friend of Snyder, has a decent-but not stellar personnel record, works well with Gruden.. That would be my second choice behind Shanahan. In Tampa they were kind of hamstrung by a cheap owner (usually $20-$30 million under the cap) so that won't be an issue. It would be interesting to see what they do with an owner willing to spend.

He's a good friend of Snyder, has a decent-but not stellar personnel record, works well with Gruden.. That would be my second choice behind Shanahan. In Tampa they were kind of hamstrung by a cheap owner (usually $20-$30 million under the cap) so that won't be an issue. It would be interesting to see what they do with an owner willing to spend.

I'm not sure it's the best solution but I would be on board with it. I like his ties to the Redskins and I like Gruden as a coach. With Snyder's checkbook they could probably do pretty well here.

Sounds still like Fantasy Football free spending for D.S to me. $10 mil a year between the both...neither one will be fully welcomed here...and those that do will be booing if we start 1 - 3

Thing is, it makes no difference what Dan wants to pay the coaches and staff. He could give them both $100 million a year for all we care. The only guys we have to worry about Dan overpaying is the players, since that is where we get salary cap issues.

I think I like the Gruden solution the best of all of them. Everybody else seems to be someone else's coach, shanahan is the broncos, Cowher is the Steelers, Holmgren is Seatle, Gruden is the only one that has hopped around enough to not really have a long legacy. Maybe we can make him on in DC.

Are you guys kidding me, he is 10X better then that joke terd Cerrato. FRED DAVIS....FRED DAVIS..what the hell was that!

Oh don't get me wrong, Cerrato stinks. I'm just saying Allen stinks too (but not as bad). If Allen did his job better Gruden would still be in TB in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of Chucky, but truth be told if you look at Bruce Allen's drafts, they haven't been anything to write home about. 04-08 the only decent talent he draft was Jeremy Trueblood (decent player), Gaines Adams (jury is still out), Cadillac Williams (jury is very much out) and Aqib Talib who basically never passed a drug test in college. So he drafts guys with character problems & off field issues. Plenty of busts mixed in there and practically no diamonds in the rough.

He'd be an upgrade over Vinny, but he may not be the answer to success. Keep in mind he was not the Bucs GM during their Super Bowl year, Rich McKay was.

Why would Shanny be ahead of Chucky on your list? Chucky did much more with less to work with than Shanny did, and Shanny would probably want complete control as HC/GM.

This is kinda off topic, but is it possible for us to hire a coach who brings in his own scouting staff - like some scouts that aren't a part of the Redskins, but he pays them through his salary? It'd be interesting if a coach had his own scout/lawyer/GM to help him to argue with Snyder over who to draft.

I'm a big fan of Chucky, but truth be told if you look at Bruce Allen's drafts, they haven't been anything to write home about. 04-08 the only decent talent he draft was Jeremy Trueblood (decent player), Gaines Adams (jury is still out), Cadillac Williams (jury is very much out) and Aqib Talib who basically never passed a drug test in college. So he drafts guys with character problems & off field issues. Plenty of busts mixed in there and practically no diamonds in the rough.

He'd be an upgrade over Vinny, but he may not be the answer to success. Keep in mind he was not the Bucs GM during their Super Bowl year, Rich McKay was.

Gotta say Aqib Talib is a top 5 corner...besides Moss's TD he was all over him and to hold Eagles DJax to 1 catch is pretty stellar IMO.

Its starting to look like Vinny is here to stay just because he lets snyder do whatever he wants. Vinny is just a puppet for snyder and even though I would love a new GM, sndyer will probably just find another puppet

But...getting gruden as a coach could work out just because he did it with the raiders

Trust me Snyder is behind most of the draft picks. He picks all the award winners. We picked the best punter last year and the best TE. He is in love with name brands.

I wouldn't mind Allen so long as he is not compromising his professional integrity by having Snyder picking all the players and just being a rubber stamp.

See the sig--I'm down for Holmgren to be the GM, with Chucky running the show on gameday.

It's true the Allen was strapped by a cheap owner, but even still, his drafting has been par at best.

Honestly, I'm more interested in how we grow our draft picks into great players, intead of focusing on drafting good players then not allowing them to get on the field. The best way to learn is by throwing young players onto the field in my opinion--this 1-3 year waiting period for top picks to see the field is bogus. JC had to wait over a year and a half for his start. Our new receivers and TE can't even see the field. Put them on the field, and let them grow into their roles. Too bad if they aren't ready--do it anyway. I think our position coaches need a huge upgrade. Hopefully Chucky and Gruden will fix that.

Look at the Giants this year. They could have went out this past offseason and brought in a big name receiver, but didn't. They opted to stick with their young talent, and guess what? No one was expecting the impact they're having now, because they stepped up to the plate. Now the Giants have one of the best receiving combos in the league, at a fraction of the cost of a big-name free agent.

That is what we need! A competent GM.

Since when has Shanny been a competent GM?

His last 10 years (after #7 retired) he won ONE playoff game. So he either wasn't a very good GM picking players, or he did a sub-par job coaching them.

10 years, one playoff win - sound familar? That's a statistic that the Skins need to change. Chucky has been there and done that, and he's always squeezed every bit of talent out of the players he's coached.

Since when has Shanny been a competent GM?

His last 10 years (after #7 retired) he won ONE playoff game. So he either wasn't a very good GM picking players, or he did a sub-par job coaching them.

10 years, one playoff win - sound familar? That's a statistic that the Skins need to change. Chucky has been there and done that, and he's always squeezed every bit of talent out of the players he's coached.

Chucky can't keep a job (see "job hopper"). If Chucky was the end-all be-all, he'd be able to keep a job. Players hate playing for him. Sound familiar?

Archived