Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chucky and Bruce Allen as a Package

veteranskinsfan

the most important thing is that we decided on an offensive philosphy, and let the new GM be in charge of drafting players that fit that system. I know not all college players are prepared for one system in the NFL over another, but a good GM can see the intangibles it takes to succeed in a given system, and find that in certain players.

If we stay with a WCO ... then i am all for Holmgreen, he didn't succeed in dual HC/GM roles ... but I believe his experience in GB and Seattle have shown he understands what types of players can be successful in the WCO, and he has been around a long time.

Along with that, there is some familiarity between Gruden and Holmgreen. I know that Gruden's system is probably different than from what Holmgreen ran ... but the idea is that you have a HC and GM working together and identifying college talent and drafting responsibly.

I've heard a lot of arguments either way, and both sides have merit and reason for concern. That being said, Holmgreen and Gruden would be my ideal package.

Any of the big name coaches with any brains are now not only going to ask for a bunch of money, but I'd imagine would include contract clauses like 'If you fire me or take away any of my coaching/scouting/team responsibilities, you will have to double the value of my contract' to get Danny in line with the concept of building mutual respect with a coach and essentially co-worker. I mean, if you were a big name coach, wouldn't you want to hedge yourself against the public floggings that Snyder gets off on?

Bruce Allen sucks. He did nothing in Tampa and really who made the decisions in Oakland when they went to the Super Bowl with Rich Gannon. It certainly wasn't Bruce Allen. Tampa went to the Super Bowl with the players that Rich Mckay drafted and that Tony Dungy coached. Tampa was one of the deepest most talented teams when Rich McKay was GM. Once he left they went down the tubes. Bruce Allen is nothing special. Just because his Dad coached the Skins everybody wants him. If there is a package deal we should get its Rich McKay who is now with the Falcons and Tony Dungy.

HTTR

Archived