Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UNITE ES! Add "Hire a GM and give him complete control" to your sig (poll ongoing)

SkinsNumberOne

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

*It looks like "Hire a GM and give him complete control" is the favorie here. I would suggest that everyone at least add it to your sig as a show of fan solidarity in the direction the team wants to go. To those who say it won't matter - yes, I doubt in the grand scheme this single action will matter, but it will be a step in galvanizing the fan base together. There needs to be an understanding that the fans are together in almost one voice on this. Personally, for those who did add the sig similar to how I have it in mine, I find it cool to scroll through a page of messages and see a variety of posters with the same sig. It does signify a united voice, which I think is cool.

*** Original first post below

Guys, I posted an idea in a couple of threads and got positive feedback, so I was wondering if more people are interested and maybe we should give this a go.

Judging from some of the polls and posts, almost all of ES shares a couple of thoughts about the Redskins. There are a few notable dissenting opinions (you haven't been forgotten guys) but for the LARGE majority, most of the fans are tired of our owner Dan Snyder. Also, a large majority is tired of his buddy Vinny Cerrato.

What if the official board of the Redskins united under one SIG, or at least everyone showed their displeasure in every sig? The best bet would be to have almost all of us with the same line (it would show complete solidarity of the fanbase against the owner, at least on this rather sizable board).

Even if you don't agree with the particular majority-chosen message (if it says something against Vinny) if you still believe that you "Love the team and hate the owner" I'd suggest you add that.

The questions would be:

Is there enough interest?

What message would we agree on?

Here are the most popular options just from a quick perusal, in the poll on this thread.

Snyder Sucks!

Love the team, Hate the owner

Boycott Snyder!

Fire Vinny! Hire a GM!

This shows recognition that the fanbase is tired of Cerrato. and it includes an actual action that Dan can take to regain our trust and loyalty.

Dan - Hire a GM and give him complete control

Easily the most laid back, and it also includes an actual action (the same one) that Dan can take to regain our trust and loyalty. Unlike the previous item, it doesn't "order" Dan to fire Vinny.

*Given that Dan refused to let paper bags in on Sunday, if the board he sponsors turns against him, he may stop sponsoring the board. That thought crossed my mind, so if that concerns you, I thought I'd share it so you could consider that.

*It should go without saying, if you don't like this idea, just don't answer the poll.

Boycott Snyder.

This team will never win with him because he will never give up control. Even if he hires a GM and is on his best behavior for a few years, eventually he will get the itch and jump in again to run things if the Skins are losing.

No this is wrong. We need his money. We just need him to stay out of it. Trust me, we want that money.

Buford hooked me up with these sigs, take them and use them.

Not sure I get (or like) seeing the emblem upside-down like that. What does it signify to you, to have it upside-down? To me it feels disrespectful to the franchise and what it represents. It may be appropriate as the emblem of the Snyder-era Skins, but I'm not sure it's going to be understood.

It feels more like we are disrespecting something we love (as Dan is doing) if that is in the sig.

Not sure I get (or like) seeing the emblem upside-down like that. What does it signify to you, to have it upside-down? To me it feels disrespectful to the franchise and what it represents. It may be appropriate as the emblem of the Snyder-era Skins, but I'm not sure it's going to be understood.

It feels more like we are disrespecting something we love (as Dan is doing) if that is in the sig.

Traditionally, when a fort flew the flag upside down, it was a distress signal. Kind of like S.O.S.

I'm not an attention seeker by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it's funny that this thread is rated one-star by me (without me ever hitting the rating button).

It's also weird that there are 10 views but 35 replies. I know not all of those may be unique, but there are definitely more than 10 voters. Strange. *The number just randomly jumped to the 200s. I guess it's some bug in he MB software that I never noticed before.

Hire a real GM and give him COMPLETE control of the football side of the house. Sit back and watch the team WIN. Vinny is the only constant for the past 10 years now. I know its not going to be as much fun but wouldn't you rather have a winning team?

I say we start a fantasy league JUST for DANNY. Let him and Vinny play that in the back office somewhere.. Naked. Or whatever the **** it is that they do.

You are wasting your time...im not saying i dont agree with some of these sentiments...but thinking members of a message board uniting under one signature is going to make a difference is kind of funny to me.

Make a difference? Actually, since he cared about the paper bags, apparently he does care about the negative PR / feelings of the fans. There are media outlets that visit here, I'm sure if 95% of the board had the same sig or some kind of anti-Snyder message... it would be noticed by some media outlets.

I don't know that it would make a big difference, but I think it would go noticed... speaking of which -

You know since Danny owns this board; if you piss him off he could shut it down.

I mention this in the OP.

You know since Danny owns this board; if you piss him off he could shut it down.

What does that say about the situation if the owner has to shut down the official discussion board for the team he owns? If word got out of that it would be humiliating for him. At that point everything would have completing crumbled to the ground.

Archived