Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Else Notice Cooley Blog is Dormant?

Reaganaut

The last entry was on October 6th with the Backstrom material. That means Chris has gone 10 days without any entries. He is prolific usually. I watch the blog through the CooleyZone iPhone application which is nothing to write home about, but kinda cool at some level. The newest version has his twitter page integrated as well.

Silence.

About four weeks ago Chris posted a letter from a fan who just abused him in a letter. Cooley is one of those players who is generally positive from week to week and certainly is part of the solution not the problem on the team.

Should we be concerned at some level that players like Cooley are being beaten to (excrement) because fans are ready to riot over the owner? Cooley is one of the players that I'd like to see stay on the team for the future. Why anyone would beat him up is beside me, but fans are just mad right now and anyone associated with the team are taking abuse.

Not sure what is happening on the blog, but it kinda worries me. He's not talking to the media either.

I guess there is not a lot that CC can say right now: Anything he posts on the Redskins will be pucked apart by fans and the media and he likely feels that a fun or offtopic post would not sit well with the current mood of Redskins nation.

All he can really post is a bland, positive message to fill up the space. Perhaps he's just not feeling it.

Got to feel sorry for CC really, he deserves to be on a team that is having success where he can enjoy the appreciation of his many fans.

I respect Cooley because IMO he's on the players who always seems to be able to keep his head up, there are too many issues/problems that are springing up around the same time. After awhile it gets hard, everyone is a little dejected right now if not completely frustrated.

Id like to see Cooley step up right now and take a shot at the front office like others are. He is a fan favorite and when he talks people listen. Now is the time for him to step up and be that leader.

I agree with this. We all love Cooley and believe he can do nothing wrong. He's easily the fan favorite and could probably get away with saying more than other players. If he is taking shots at ownership, Synder will have no choice but to listen.

To add to what Stugein just posted -- Elliot was asking Cooley about his blog and he mentioned he really didn't feel he could be himself or post anything typical because of fan reactions lately. He mentioned that everyone is expecting him to completely focus on football and if he's doing other things, he's being accused of not giving his complete focus to his job, but instead toying around. If I remember correctly I think he even suggested he begin sleeping with his helmet on to curb this. :silly:

Id like to see Cooley step up right now and take a shot at the front office like others are. He is a fan favorite and when he talks people listen. Now is the time for him to step up and be that leader.

That might make you and other disgruntled fans feel good, but it would be a lousy thing for him to do right now. I'd like to see just the opposite, which is what he seems to be doing... cut down on the twittering, blogging, ****ing and complaining, hunker down and play football. That's what a team leader would do.

A leader would NOT start attacking the front office 5 games into a season. It would serve no purpose, and in fact be counterproductive.

That might make you and other disgruntled fans feel good, but it would be a lousy thing for him to do right now. I'd like to see just the opposite, which is what he seems to be doing... cut down on the twittering, blogging, ****ing and complaining, hunker down and play football. That's what a team leader would do.

A leader would NOT start attacking the front office 5 games into a season. It would serve no purpose, and in fact be counterproductive.

Maybe so but htis team needs a spark. They have not shown they can buckle down and play at this point. Maybe it will take a vocal leader to get that spark.

I agree with this. We all love Cooley and believe he can do nothing wrong. He's easily the fan favorite and could probably get away with saying more than other players. If he is taking shots at ownership, Synder will have no choice but to listen.
He is doing the right thing by shutting up and playing football. Blasting management does nothing to get the team going in the right direction.

BTW I like Cooley and believe he can do a lot wrong.

Maybe so but htis team needs a spark. They have not shown they can buckle down and play at this point. Maybe it will take a vocal leader to get that spark.

I don't think "taking a shot at the front office" is the way to generate a spark. Unless you're trying to burn the team down.

IF anything a vocal leader in the locker room would be appropriate.. but to call out management, which the finger pointing has obviously already well since begun, .. Please explain how this would actually benefit Cooley or establish him as a solid leader on the team. I agree with most on here that he's already doing the right thing.

Creating opposition amongst each other is not going to move us in a better direction. I think people are just reaching at this point for anything, whether it makes sense or not.

IF anything a vocal leader in the locker room would be appropriate.. but to call out management, which the finger pointing has obviously already well since begun, .. Please explain how this would actually benefit Cooley or establish him as a solid leader on the team. I agree with most on here that he's already doing the right thing.

Creating opposition amongst each other is not going to move us in a better direction. I think people are just reaching at this point for anything, whether it makes sense or not.

Many times a common enemy will bring people or teams together. These players need to be brought together IMO. Yes that should be the coaches job but it jsut has not happend. The last time this team came together was when Taylor died. And when they play together they could beat just about anyone.

Many times a common enemy will bring people or teams together. These players need to be brought together IMO. Yes that should be the coaches job but it jsut has not happend. The last time this team came together was when Taylor died. And when they play together they could beat just about anyone.

:doh: When the "common enemy" you try to rally the players around is YOUR OWN TEAM, that's the epitome of a team cancer, not a team leader.

:doh: When the "common enemy" you try to rally the players around is YOUR OWN TEAM, that's the epitome of a team cancer, not a team leader.

A team cancer would be someone who is dividing the team. If all the players were together against the front office that would bring the players as a team together. Yes I understand where you are coming from as the front office is a part of the team but thats not what I was getting at.

And if we go by your logic that would mean that both Rogers and Hall are now team cancers. Not to mention the two unammed sources on the team who have asked the front office to endorse Zorn.

Archived