Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins shopping Anthony Montgomery

E44

I've watched a ton of tape on Monty, and as much as some of you here want to bash the FO every chance you get, this would be a good move. He is the very definition of an inconsistent player. I can't believe how much he finds himself on the floor right after the ball is snapped for a man that size.

If he was smart, he would've took advantage of Albert Haynesworth like Kedric has and made some plays. Hopefully we get a 4th out of it, but I'd be happy with even less.

Translation? Another Vinny failure.

I've watched a ton of tape on Monty, and as much as some of you here want to bash the FO every chance you get, this would be a good move. He is the very definition of an inconsistent player. I can't believe how much he finds himself on the floor right after the ball is snapped for a man that size.

I have no problem with shopping him, but I'd be stunned if we got more than a bag of popcorn for him. He's been inactive all five games for a 2-3 team. I just can't imagine there being a market for him. If we got even a 7th rounder for him, I'd consider it a heist.

I have no problem with shopping him, but I'd be stunned if we got more than a bag of popcorn for him. He's been inactive all five games for a 2-3 team. I just can't imagine there being a market for him. If we got even a 7th rounder for him, I'd consider it a heist.

I'm not sure though... I think we have a legitimate carrot to dangle considering how well he played in '07, his ok play in '08, his size, and maybe the FO can convince another team his problem right now is Albert being in front of him.

Who knows? :whoknows:

lol, I wouldn't go that far. He was drafted pretty late, did contribute something to the team (especially in '07) and Kedric Golston was a great find right beside him, right?

A great find means you don't have to go out and spend $100,000,000.00 on a free agent lineman.

Just sayin'.

We really need a 7th rounder that bad? Why not see what offers we'd get if we'd be willing to trade anyone? Put a sign up at the park that everyone's tradeable and see what if any offers come in. If any are worth taking then lets jump on them. The freaking stinking NY Jets give up 4 and 5 players to get there men, maybe we can get lucky? There is no excitement about Anthony Montgomery. We need to see if anyone on the team can generate some excitement

We really need a 7th rounder that bad? Why not see what offers we'd get if we'd be willing to trade anyone? Put a sign up at the park that everyone's tradeable and see what if any offers come in. If any are worth taking then lets jump on them. The freaking stinking NY Jets give up 4 and 5 players to get there men, maybe we can get lucky? There is no excitement about Anthony Montgomery. We need to see if anyone on the team can generate some excitement

snyder is too stubborn to have a fire sale like that. he'd rather lose and not admit hes an idiot than to cut the losses and deal some of the proven guys for draft picks.

weve traded one player for a draft pick that i can think of since 2005, and thats archuleta for a 6th.

anyone else you can think of?

A great find means you don't have to go out and spend $100,000,000.00 on a free agent lineman.

Just sayin'.

What do you mean, Kedric Golston? No man, anytime you get a starting-caliber DT that late is a great find. Bringing in the best DT in the game for a massive contract (btw, I HATE that 100 million dollar stick everyone has... come on, it's 41 guaranteed and he will almost certainly not see anything even remotely close to 100 million) has little to do with how great a find Kedric was. Remember, there's two DTs in a 4-3.

I guess we can argue the "greatness" of the find... but don't you think that'd be silly? He's a good player for us.

I'm not sure though... I think we have a legitimate carrot to dangle considering how well he played in '07, his ok play in '08, his size, and maybe the FO can convince another team his problem right now is Albert being in front of him.

Who knows? :whoknows:

I don't know...I think that's pretty optimistic. Other teams just aren't as willing to trade draft picks as we have been in recent years. Not to mention his contract situation...I believe he's a free agent at year's end. So we're talking about a rental player here, unless you re-up with him. I think he's pretty much a spare part at this point.

If the cap really were gone forever, and it became a free-for-all, I wonder if Snyder's strategy would work.... I doubt it, but it's interesting to think about.

I gotta be honest. I would rather win when there is a level playing field. Much more gratifying IMO.

If the cap really were gone forever, and it became a free-for-all, I wonder if Snyder's strategy would work.... I doubt it, but it's interesting to think about.

Looking at the Yankees, I'd have to say - emphatically - no.

Snyder is trying to do it Yankee style, or Lakers with Payton + Malone style.

Across multiple sports, trying to simply throw a bunch of talent on your team just isn't shown to work. You need more than that. And please let's not get into how Payton and Malone were old, I don't want to get into a big debate, I'm just illustrating that stacking a team with "talent" isn't the answer.

Looking at the Yankees, I'd have to say - emphatically - no.

Snyder is trying to do it Yankee style, or Lakers with Payton + Malone style.

Across multiple sports, trying to simply throw a bunch of talent on your team just isn't shown to work. You need more than that. And please let's not get into how Payton and Malone were old, I don't want to get into a big debate, I'm just illustrating that stacking a team with "talent" isn't the answer.

London Fletcher is Kevin Garnett.

What do you mean, Kedric Golston? No man, anytime you get a starting-caliber DT that late is a great find. Bringing in the best DT in the game for a massive contract (btw, I HATE that 100 million dollar stick everyone has... come on, it's 41 guaranteed and he will almost certainly not see anything even remotely close to 100 million) has little to do with how great a find Kedric was. Remember, there's two DTs in a 4-3.

I guess we can argue the "greatness" of the find... but don't you think that'd be silly? He's a good player for us.

I just threw that figure out there for giggles and yes I know he won't see that sum.

I like Kedric a lot, but he's a reserve for a reason.

I gotta be honest. I would rather win when there is a level playing field. Much more gratifying IMO.

I agree. The cap not only helps to level the playing field, but it punishes stupidity.

However, if the cap went away and we were to outspend everyone and win Super Bowls as a result, I'm sure there would be plenty of hypocrytical NY Giant/NY Yankee fans who complain about it.

Archived