Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jon Runyan still a free agent?

Ellis Dee

I know he's not a long term solution but we can't find one during the season. Runyan plays RT but if Samuels is out for an extended period, we could use him at LT?

I wanted him before the season started but no luck.

Also how is Dockery doing this year? I have barely heard his name called at all. Also can Will Montgomery step in and play anywhere on the line?

Sources said he turned down an NFC East team over the off season. Going by rosters, it was definitely us. Plus, I don't think he will be well received in the locker room. Dude is a gigantic piece of **** and I know many of our players have gotten into scrums with him.

Yep, but instead we prefer to carry 12 running backs on the roster instead of MEN that can help us on the Offensive Line. Heyer is a backup tackle in this league....which he should be playing for us....backing up a guy like Samuels today....he's overmatched playing every down. Runyan WOULD"VE BEEN a great one year pick-up this summer until we could address the O-line this upcoming offseason. I can't for the life of me understand why we have SO FREAKING MANY RUNNING BACKS ON OUR ROSTER......Freaking STUPID!!!!!!!!!

Is Samuels even that good, what good is he if he is hurt all the time???

He is that good. If you had been paying attention today you would have seen it. As soon as he went out pressure started coming from that side. Then Cooley had to stay in to help Batiste block his guy, that's why Cooley didn't catch ANY passes today.

And he's not really hurt all the time. He started today despite having some sort of leg issue I think. The stinger was a freak injury, and they only kept him out as a precaution because he had some numbness in his arms. I expect him to play next week.

Samuels really is our only good offensive lineman.

Is Jon Runyan going to turn this team around. I would have to say no, so why should we sign him. I think our front office has signed enough players that haven't paned out. No need to sign another scrub of the street we have enough as it is.

Is Samuels even that good, what good is he if he is hurt all the time???

The evidence of how good Samuels is was right before your eyes Sunday when our entire offense imploded when he came out of the lineup.

As for Runyan the word is he has already turned us down as he does not want to be a Redskin.

Truth is we have to play with the hand the front office dealt us on the O'line. Its a really bad hand, the pot is huge and we just had our bluff called.

Samuels will probably be OK for next week which is great news but the odds on him makin it through the year are pretty slim. Forget talking about coaching changes and who our QB should be the focus of next offseason has to be finding two new starting tackles and a centre. Without these in place anything else is just awaste of time, money and energy IMO.

Also how is Dockery doing this year? I have barely heard his name called at all. QUOTE]

For an offensive lineman thats a really, really good sign. The only time you hear an O'linemans name called is a holding call, offsides or when he misses a block for a sack or loss in the running game.

Is Jon Runyan going to turn this team around. I would have to say no, so why should we sign him. I think our front office has signed enough players that haven't paned out. No need to sign another scrub of the street we have enough as it is.

Hes definately better than anything we have that lines up to the right side of Rabach and questionably better than anything to the right of Dockery.

Archived