Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Driving in to Verizon Center

NoleSkin21

Guys, i'm hitting the caps game tomorrow. Is it possible to drive in to the Verizon center instead of taking the Metro?

Who in their right mind would drive into DC when you can take the Metro?

And why does it suck? It's not perfect and is under funded somehow, which is really sad considering its vital to the city...

Metro sucks! Plus everytime I ride the metro I get sick...not even kidding. Swine flu is another reason.

So, you are scared to get on mass transit because of germs and swine flu but have no problem packing yourself in the Verizon Center with thousands of strangers in an open air environment? That makes no sense at all IMO......

If you are truly scared of infection - large scale sporting events in general are probably something you should skip.

I highly recommend Metro - I can't imagine you live in an area that it won't take at least twice as long to drive as it does to Metro. You pay more that way, spots run out - although this is a weekday game so maybe not - and there is all kinds of traffic in that part of town.

Metro is by far the best option IMHO.

Was traffic really bad? Did it take you longer than riding the metro?

well, if i ever drive into the city i give myself plenty of time. far more time than i would if i was jumping on the metro. so i mean in heavy traffic, yeah it's gonna take longer to drive.

but if it's a relatively calm day on 95 (which are few and far between), i kinda enjoy driving into the city and not being at the mercy of the metal bullet known as the metro.

the metro is great, but being packed in a metro car with people coughing and sneezing isn't quite the same as being in a huge ass arena fellas. maybe it's not much different, but it's different nonetheless.

however, i'm going to the game on the 17th, and i'm gonna take the metro with some friends. with winter coming and swine flu and people just generally being sick, i'm not thrilled about it, but it's no big deal.

If I was driving from Winchester I would drive the whole way. Why park, wait for a train, and do the same coming back? Just take 66 in, cross the 14th street bridge, take the tunnel, get off on Mass Ave, park at the old convention center. Driving around DC is actually pretty easy.

Ummm...yeah...Metro is a little more close quarters than THE VERIZON CENTER!! Swine flu being airborne is a little easier to catch on a metro car than from someone 10 sections away. We will probably end up taking the metro then...i just hate it. Timmy, I drove into the nats game last year and it was pretty easy...is it comparable? Thanks for your input guys.

what a load. i ride the metro every day and i haven't been sick in a long time.

beef up your immune system or something

Well...if I did ride the metro everyday like you, instead of once every 4 months, my immune system would get used to it and I wouldn't get sick either.

My daughter never got sick until she started going to day care. She was sick at least every 2 weeks. NOW...after 6 months she doesn't get sick....not even sniffles. Her immune system has adjusted.

Timmy, I drove into the nats game last year and it was pretty easy...is it comparable? Thanks for your input guys.
Almost identical if you crossed the 14 St bridge and took the SE/SW freeway. Just take the tunnel 395 north on the right before S Cap st. and exit at Mass Ave.

Ummm...yeah...Metro is a little more close quarters than THE VERIZON CENTER!! Swine flu being airborne is a little easier to catch on a metro car than from someone 10 sections away. We will probably end up taking the metro then...i just hate it. Timmy, I drove into the nats game last year and it was pretty easy...is it comparable? Thanks for your input guys.

If you are coming from Winchester, I assume you are leaving way early? I always drive to the Verizon Center, wife hates metro. Just plan on getting downtown around 4, have a nice dinner before the game. After the game, hit up another eatery for some apps and let the garages clear for 45 minutes.

I take the Toll Road to 66-E to Constitution to 6th. I park in the garage that is under ground between E & F Streets. Take your parking ticket with you and pay before you go down to your car. It will be a breeze in and out if you get there around 4 and wait 30 - 45 min after you get outside to leave.

Dude...your logic is not making sense. 20,000 people in a closed building, yelling, screaming etc = spreading of germs. If you're that scared just sit at the end of the metro car.

And why do you hate Metro? If you want to avoid the large crowds go a bit early and do NOT ue the escalator to get into the arena, use the elevators from the mezzanine and then take a right and enter next to the movie theaters. Works every time. Getting back will be different but you can avoid crowds by taking green/yellow to L'Enfant and catching the orange there instead of Metro Center.

Alright here's what you're going to need to do...

Get to the Gallery place/chinatown metro stop... Go towards the Greene Turtle maybe a half a block... Take a left...

Although, I know they don't allow luggage of any kind, I'm not sure their policies on cars in the venue... And you're going to somehow have to fit through the turnstiles

alright here's what you're going to need to do...

Get to the gallery place/chinatown metro stop... Go towards the greene turtle maybe a half a block... Take a left...

Although, i know they don't allow luggage of any kind, i'm not sure their policies on cars in the venue... And you're going to somehow have to fit through the turnstiles

lmao!!

Archived