Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Wednesday. And you know what that means? Delusional Redskins Fan mode begins

ceviker

Ok. On Sunday, I had never been that embarrassed to be a Redskins fan in all my years. This was a different feeling than all those disappointing loses of the past. It wasn't a <sigh> we'll get 'em next week. It was a "... my god, we might not be competitive again for 4 years."

I really do think that we're finishing below .500 year this year, Coach Z will be gone, Jason will be gone, Portis may be gone, etc. at the end of the year.

But...

Its Wednesday. I don't know about you guys, but Wednesday is when my "Delusional Redskins Fan" mode kicks is. This is basically me starting to feel better about the next game / team for reasons that any logical person would see as ridiculous.

So I start thinking... we're only 1-2. We have 3 winnable games ahead, plus a MNF at home against the Eagles. What if the lose to the Lions finally sparks the team? What if the players actually do like Zorn and rally behind him now? What if CP takes this team on his shoulders again? What if one big play next week leads to another, to another to another and we get the juices flowing?

I start thinking. Tom Coghlin almost lost his team to the point where he was almost an outcast. People wanted his head on a stick. They kept him and they won a Super Bowl. Maybe this will happen to Zorn and co...

Cooley says he's behind Zorn. ARE says the same. London Fletcher says he is too. And even the brutally honest CP is saying the reason they are losing games is because of execution, not play calling.

What if we beat Tampa? We'd be 2-2. That's not a terrible spot to be. What if we finally score 30? Bombs over Baghdad may not have happened, but god damnit, maybe bombs over pirates can.

Teams have come back from far worse situations than ours. Why can't it be our turn? Why can't we crawl out of the cave for once.

There very well maybe a fat lady waiting for us very soon. And I may have ear plugs in my ears. But damnit, I don't hear no stinkin fat lady right now and I'm damn sure I'm not ready for the 'Skins season to be over.

Love me some Delusional Redskins Fan Wednesdays.

HTTR

I am right there with you...this team can be better than the 91 Skins. Gibbs who? Hmm, I am getting hungry I guess I should go eat some more paint chips. Hail to the Redskins 2-2 here we come!! Skins win 16-10 and the offense "gets it going". I agree with you about Sunday, I was embarassed but did not show it, it is the NFL I thought, but it was also the Lions. The Skins are now a Trivial Pursuit answer for all the wrong reasons.

This is the way I have always been and there is nothing wrong with it. I refuse to go the entire football season depressed, it's stupid. It's something I love and I'm entertained by. Though we haven't been great this year, I have seen good and I have been on the edge of my seat through all. My delusion results in me saying this past week that 13-3 isn't that bad. We lose this week, I'll say 12-4 is decent. And so on and so on. Let's wish our boys the best of luck this week and hope this last lost is what kicks the butt in gear. If not, there is always next year....... (I'm funny)

Well said. What else can we do but try to be optimistic? With the level of competition we are getting early in the season, you would think we'd be able to win enough games to make us think we have a chance going into the second half, like 5-3. I've also thought about Coughlin and how Giants fans wanted to run him out of town. Remember how the Redskins dominated the Giants at the Meadowlands in Dec of 07? That same bad coach and mediocre team won the superbowl a couple months later. Sometimes things just start clicking.

Well said. What else can we do but try to be optimistic? With the level of competition we are getting early in the season, you would think we'd be able to win enough games to make us think we have a chance going into the second half, like 5-3. I've also thought about Coughlin and how Giants fans wanted to run him out of town. Remember how the Redskins dominated the Giants at the Meadowlands in Dec of 07? That same bad coach and mediocre team won the superbowl a couple months later. Sometimes things just start clicking.

People may disagree, but I think we have Super Bowl talent. We just need the glue to hold it together and a spark to light the fuze. We need to catch a break. Had we scored on that opening drive, I think we not only beat the Lions, but we route them. When we play TB on Sunday, we need to be very aggressive and just punch it in the damn endzone EARLY. Double-digit victory can go a long way...

I start thinking. Tom Coghlin almost lost his team to the point where he was almost an outcast. People wanted his head on a stick. They kept him and they won a Super Bowl. Maybe this will happen to Zorn and co...

Not only that but on Comcast Sports Kelli Johnson interviewed Sherman Smith as she does every Tuesday.He metioned the fact that he was on a Titans team that was 1-4 and got beaten by the lowly Steve Spurrier coached Redskins and they beat the Titans' ass. They also had the fire Jeff Fischer, fire Jim Schwartz talk. Blow it up and rebuild. Bench McNair and Eddie George. The owner had a press confrence and stated he was NOT fifring Fischer. Fischer came into the team meeting let them know No coach would be fired,no player would be benched. They went on to win the next 11 or so games.

Also most of the players have been together for awhile now. They've come together before in 2005, and in 2007. The Redskins are capable of breaking off hot streaks.

Obviously this is not the start we'd hoped for. Yet we are not 0-3 like the Titans, Bucs and Panthers. There IS time to turn it around.

I've heard several local media pundits say this team has NO talent. I don't buy it. We have the talent, and ability...it's just a matter of excution,focus and sticking together. The mistakes they're making are correctable. It's not hopeless.

While the 2007 team bonded forever in a way few teams ever do. Maybe just these past 2 weeks are what will bond the 2009 Redskins team?

Cooley says he's behind Zorn. ARE says the same. London Fletcher says he is too. And even the brutally honest CP is saying the reason they are losing games is because of execution, not play calling.

I was also glad to hear CP say NO ONE is fighting in the locker room. No one is pointing fingers at anyone.With the guys sticking together and up for each other it's a good thing. Also rallying behind Coach Zorn and buying into his philospohy. It's encouraging.

Teams have come back from far worse situations than ours. Why can't it be our turn? Why can't we crawl out of the cave for once.

I still believe that their is something great in store for this team.

We've been dealt some terrible blows...sooner or later the sun will shine on us again. I'm just hoping it's in my lifetime:D.

There very well maybe a fat lady waiting for us very soon. And I may have ear plugs in my ears. But damnit, I don't hear no stinkin fat lady right now and I'm damn sure I'm not ready for the 'Skins season to be over.

Love me some Delusional Redskins Fan Wednesdays.

HTTR

I'm all in to bro :wavetowel

HTTR now and forever.............:bucsuck:

You can count me in on the optimism bandwagon. I have seen that we are so close offensively to blowing things up. I just got a feeling that things are exactly how the players are portraying it. We have alot of talent on this team, and I refuse to think we are anything like those bottom feeder teams. Starting with the Bucs, I certainly hope we go on a roll. Here's to going 2-2 and watching something good unfolding. :wave:

Archived