Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Schottenheimer as a Head Coach Possibility

The Full Monty

A young coach here will never have the respect of the locker room with our front office structure. It wouldn't work.

SoCal..what could happen here is you fire Vinny at the middle of the season, and bring in a GM(what the Dolphins did), then at the end of the season, you evaluate your coaching staff. If the GM wants to keep Zorn, fine, let him finish out the contract, if not, fire him, and pay him what he is due. Next you bring in front office personnel that knows football. So once you get your front office in order, then you re-evaluate your 53 man roster from the previous season. So I think a young coach could work here with the right front office structure. That's what is lacking in this organization now is structure. It starts from the top, and right now, or top is ****ed up.

Thanks for posting ... I hadn't heard that.

You know, I think the city would be very excited if Dan rehired Marty. The overwhelming consensus among fans is that was a huge mistake in letting him go by Snyder (his worst mistake, in my opinion, because he fixed a problem he didn't have).

Seriously doubt it would happen ... but interesting to think about. How about a Marty (GM) / Cowher combo in DC. One can dream ... eh.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad Idea, money wise that is...

Snyder knowing he's losing the fans could get a LOT of them back with marty ball back in D.C.

I hear marty on sirius all the time and he actually has nothing but glowing things to say about snyder... says their separation was amicable and just the result of snyder wanting control over player personnel again due to it not being as fun for him as when marty had it... he says all the time snyder is an extremely smart guy who wants to win...

saying that, I have no confidence in snyder or vinny to identify leadership abilities from a candidate who has not already proven them elsewhere...

1.Put me in the keep Zorn (if he is .500 or better)

2nd choice: Grim - somebody with a redskins legacy Snyder should respect. I think he respected Gibbs and did as asked

3rd choice: any shottenheimer willing to come. At that point it's kind of like calling in the Erps because the situaion has gone to pot.

As a fan I hate seeing the Skins lose, but honestly maybe hitting rock bottom and seeing that his ways aren't working is more about what Snyder needs, than what Zorn needs. Snyder has tried almost everything under the sun, but maybe he'll realize that a real GM IS needed to clean up his mess, and maybe we'll end up with a solid HC with some power behind his words.

Schottenheimer would be good, Shanahan would be good, I don't really care who comes in. I just want to win.

I loved it when during the 01 season the Skins had just won 5 in a row to get to 5-5 and Marty screamed after the game "We're on a xxxx'n roll!"

I wonder how many playoff appearances we would have had if Marty had been the coach the last 8 seasons.

Nice, I remember when he said that and the microphones caught that. He grabbed the late Kevin Mitchell on the sideline and said "we are on an (expletive) roll baby!" but then saw the cameras near him and he calmed down.

I think Marty would bring the discipline this team needs for a rebuilding period (Marty has always been a great rebuilder, regardless of playoff success) but he is just too old at this point.

Strictly without Marty as a connection, looking strictly on the merits, Brian looks like a guy who'll be on the short-list of NFL head coach prospects this offseason, and for good reason. As BG said, he's a guy who's a LOT more qualified than Zorn was when that goofball was hired, and he knows from his dad that discipline is key. Oh, and he actually knows how to run an offense.

1.Put me in the keep Zorn (if he is .500 or better)

2nd choice: Grim - somebody with a redskins legacy Snyder should respect. I think he respected Gibbs and did as asked

3rd choice: any shottenheimer willing to come. At that point it's kind of like calling in the Erps because the situaion has gone to pot.

Kurt, like SOS' ol gators, is cheap and available.

Archived