Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: 10 Secret Menu Items

MattFancy

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/09/28/mf.10.secret.menu.items/index.html

I won't post all of them but here's a few that seem interesting:

1. If you're at Starbucks and in need of just a little caffeine, don't worry -- there's a tiny option for you. It's the Short size, and they don't advertise it. It's like a little baby cup of coffee. It also comes in handy when you're scrounging for change and don't have enough for a tall (not that that has ever happened to me).

4. Chipotle has a whole secret menu that is limited only by your imagination -- they have a store policy that says that if they have the item available, they will make it for you. Things that have been tested include nachos, quesadillas, taco salads and single tacos. Some stores are testing out quesadillas as a regular menu item, however, so maybe someday soon you won't need a super-secret handshake to order one.

5. If you're at Wendy's and you're really hungry -- like, three-patties-just-won't-cut-it hungry -- go ahead and order the Grand Slam, which is four patties stacked on a bun. This option is only available at select Wendy's, and it's also known as the Meat Cube.

6. Several places, including McDonald's and In-N-Out, will serve you the Neapolitan milkshake. It's just what it sounds like -- chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes layered in a cup.

9. Like Chipotle, Taco Bell will make you just about anything within reason as long as they have the ingredients for it. Since most of the food at Taco Bell is made out of the same basic items, that means you can probably ask for most discontinued items and get them. One "secret," though, is that they have a not-advertised green chili sauce at most locations, and apparently it's excellent.

I really want to try go get a quesadilla from Chipotle. I'm sure that would be amazing!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/09/28/mf.10.secret.menu.items/index.html

I won't post all of them but here's a few that seem interesting:

I really want to try go get a quesadilla from Chipotle. I'm sure that would be amazing!

My daughter gets the quesadilla all the time at Chipotle, It's good for kids cause it's not spicy. I believe it's on the menu.

Not sure how accurate the entire list is.

The Popeyes one about the Naked Chicken.....well at the Popeyes right up the street from where i work, they had the Naked Chicken for a limited time a couple years back. Then a couple months later when i would go there and ask for it, they'd tell me they don't have it anymore. Now i haven't tried to order it in quite some time, so maybe it is there, but not on the menu now.

However, the list says you can get it at all Popeyes, when the one close to me told me that they no longer had it after the promotion was over.

Not sure if they still do it. But as recently as last year I got the firecracker shirmp at PF Changs. Was removed from the menu over 7 years ago, but most will still make it for you if you order it (Was removed because it was teh #1 item return with the complaint of "too spicy")

One problem with stuff like this is there's a 95% chance that the 16 year old working the drive thru will have no idea what you're talking about, and respond with a "What? No, we don't have that, duh." A couple weeks ago I go to a McDonald's that had been serving biscuits and gravy for a few weeks as sort of a "trial" menu item. Drive thru guy had NO idea what I was talking about when I try to order it. Dairy Queen last week, same thing..."Cookie JAR blizzard??? Huh?? You mean cookie dough?" The employee turnaround at those places is so fast that nobody ever learns anything but the basic menu.

and for the record...

I wish there was an In-N-Out here

That's what she said.

I've heard too many reports that In-and-Out is really overhyped by West Coasters.

You know - Before I moved out west, I thought the same thing. I thought "There is NO way it could live up to it's hype".

the 1st time I went, I was with a bunch of LA people and I had already decided that I would take a bite,look at them, and say "Ehhhh"

Except when I had that bite - the party in my mouth gave it away. It was simply the greatest hamburger I had ever eaten.....

But I don't like their fries that much....

Archived