Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is no one concerned about our defense?

tiger187126

Poll: If Zorn is to be fired, when should it happen?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If Zorn is to be fired, when should it happen?

• You don't fire Zorn! Let him grow into being a head coach. He gets Year 3.
    • Fire Zorn on Monday, after Lions game.
    • Fire Zorn at the Bye.
    • Fire Zorn at the end of the season.

Even though it is technically within the character limits, I will honor your request.

Thanks---I thought there was a height limit, even if you skipped lines and left them blank (10 lines, I thought)

If I'm wrong and you can produce evidence of that, I'll rescind the request.

From my count of the 10 line rule, you could probably take out the turnovers are killer, bring up the other text---or delete the shakespeare or matt flynn? Then it should be in limits.

Thanks---I thought there was a height limit, even if you skipped lines and left them blank (10 lines, I thought)

If I'm wrong and you can produce evidence of that, I'll rescind the request.

From my count of the 10 line rule, you could probably take out the turnovers are killer, bring up the other text---or delete the shakespeare or matt flynn? Then it should be in limits.

Nah, I think you're right. I might as well downsize, since I block out the sigs when browsing anyway.

I'm quite disappointed with our d-line. Haynesworth is drawing double teams and blowing up the middle, but it seems like no one else even gives a ****. How the **** are they able to double Haynesworth and still block everyone else perfectly. Doesn't make sense to me.

No Doubt. It's too bad we didn't use our first rd. pick for a Defensive Lineman...

the only problem with our D is Blache and he aint going anywhere so there is nothing to get worried about. If he bends over and lets the Lions take the lead, its exactly his plan. Look for huge cushions in their opening drive and no blitzing. When they get into FG range, we will blitz. If they get within the 20, then we will move up the corners. Book it Danno.

I'm quite disappointed with our d-line. Haynesworth is drawing double teams and blowing up the middle, but it seems like no one else even gives a ****. How the **** are they able to double Haynesworth and still block everyone else perfectly. Doesn't make sense to me.

I makes perfect sense to me ..Your best pass rusher on the team is playing SAM :doh:.........But When Rak has a good game against the Lions fans on here will say he is better of playing at SAM position....

Game to Game fans kill me:chair:

very interesting article about our D last year (don't know if it has been posted here before) and possible implications this year... some interesting stats on 3-and-outs on the opponents initial drive (which we led the league in) versus forcing 4th down on subsequent drives...

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2009/08/defense-watch-redskins-are-overcoming-long-odds-with-talent.html

They held Brandon Jacobs to under 50 (I think) and despite Jackson's 100 (he's a lot better than Jacobs) they stopped St. Louis when they had to. I am a bit befuddled at the continued lack of QB sacks, which is one thing we were led to believe would change right away this season. It's early for Fat Albert and Orakpo though so I'm willing to still expect some. I do think Daniels is better for the run than Orakpo but our d-line lacks the speed that modern d-lines bring w/o Brian in that spot.

Unless you happen to be the colts, you're offense isn't going to score much if you don't get them the ball... the lions scored on three drives in which they started inside their 15. The QB that had 5 picks and one TD looked like an allstar. They ran for about 100 yards in the first half.

The defense is absolutely terrible. Worst skins defense I've seen in years and the worst part about it is that they are gutless. They play prevent the entire game with 10 yard cushions and are scared to blitz or pressure the passer.

I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THIS D!!...We are too soft out there, and i feel that we are not dictating anything. We just lay off and hope to break up the play..or the Qb makes a miss read. We need to get rid of Daniels and all of those old guys, and get the young blood in there.

Unless you happen to be the colts, you're offense isn't going to score much if you don't get them the ball... the lions scored on three drives in which they started inside their 15. The QB that had 5 picks and one TD looked like an allstar. They ran for about 100 yards in the first half.

The defense is absolutely terrible. Worst skins defense I've seen in years and the worst part about it is that they are gutless. They play prevent the entire game with 10 yard cushions and are scared to blitz or pressure the passer.

the tackling is quite awful at times as well.

Archived