Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did Tryon look filling in for Smoot?

THUNDERDOME

tryon looked good - he broke up a pass on teh goaline just by hitting the guy. i was very impressed, althought he kind of set the bar low with his early preseason performance.

it'd be nice if we had barnes and tryon in the pipeline - roggers and smoot are getting old (still have some good years left baring injury, but getting older none the less).

honestly, from the way it looks, if we were as good at recruiting, training, and retaining tallent in other positions (mainly the O/D lines) as we've seem to be at CB and safety, we'd be a really solid team.. we could use it a LB, RB, and QB as well, but we've yet to really see what we have in the backup LB's, RB's, and brennan.

Tryon was the guy that missed the tackle on the long Jackson run.... it looked like he was trying to arm tackle on that play and didn't want any part of Jackson. There was another pass play were he was late on coverage although I'm not sure exactly where it was.... I thought his play was mediocre and IMO can't wait to get Smoot back.

Actually I just watched the video highlight of that play and it was Landry who took the bad angle and tried to arm tackle Jackson.... I was wrong.

Tryon was the guy that missed the tackle on the long Jackson run.... it looked like he was trying to arm tackle on that play and didn't want any part of Jackson. There was another pass play were he was late on coverage although I'm not sure exactly where it was.... I thought his play was mediocre and IMO can't wait to get Smoot back.

No.

That was Chris Horton and LaRon Landry

tryon looked good - he broke up a pass on teh goaline just by hitting the guy. i was very impressed, althought he kind of set the bar low with his early preseason performance.

it'd be nice if we had barnes and tryon in the pipeline - roggers and smoot are getting old (still have some good years left baring injury, but getting older none the less).

honestly, from the way it looks, if we were as good at recruiting, training, and retaining tallent in other positions (mainly the O/D lines) as we've seem to be at CB and safety, we'd be a really solid team.. we could use it a LB, RB, and QB as well, but we've yet to really see what we have in the backup LB's, RB's, and brennan.

Rogers is only a four year vet

tryon actually played more of a press than the other corners. man does he look small standing out there though.

there were two catches that were just phenomenal by the rams, i think one was on tryon.

both were on the wrong side of their body and zipped in.

at least that's how it looked from the stands.

oh and byron made a good ST play, and was promptly called brian just like the preseason.

Smoot hurt his rib in practice and was inactive for game

Tryon looked surprisingly good. While his man had a catch.....he was within inches of him on the coverage and should have been able to bat it down. Where was Smoot anyways? I would of felt more comfortable with Smoot out there, but props to Tryon.

I agree that he looked solid (only got beaten once that I saw and was playing close otherwise when I watched him.)

But I gotta say, Rogers is NOT getting old. He may be just barely entering the prime of his career. Don't just throw that out there. By comparison, Smoot IS getting older, and I am concerned about him.

But I think Tryon is going to be at least a good nickel corner, so maybe we do already "have him in the pipeline." We know much less about Barnes though. Here's to hoping...

Archived