Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Laron Landry play further back in the secondary?

dockeryfan

He lines up about 25 yards off the LOS, then as the opposing offense is in the process of hiking the ball, he's slowly taking steps backward for about another 5 yards. SO by the time the ball is snapped, he's about 30yards from the play. On average.

My point is, it doesn't matter if it's a pass play, or a third and short. It doesn't matter if it's probably going to be a running play. He's 30yards away regardless.

I wouldn't care that much if he was involved in a lot of plays at the end, getting a lot of contact, being a ball hawk, etc. But the guy is basically loafing out there. He wasn't involved at all yesterday. What is Steve Jackson doing? It makes no sense. I've been watching Landry and his big cushion for a while now, but yesterday was the worst.

I hate it. I was at the game yesterday and on a 3rd and short I noticed Landry was like 30 yards back. We were basically playing defense with 10 players. Needless to say they got the 1st down.

My point exactly. You really can't see it unless you are at the game, like you were. The defense was playing with 10 guys. Landry was just watching.

Does anyone remember him in at the end of plays? It's because he wasn't.

I'm Laron Landry - good thing my vision's fine.

So I can see the play from 30 yards behind the line.

Season ticket holders got a better view than me.

My momma wonders why I'm not on TV.

But I play the safety spot like a badass rover.

Knocking out receivers when the play is over.

I separated Plax from his lid and do-rag.

(Why'd that damn zebra have to throw that flag?)

So call me Laron Laundry - that's my take.

Cuz that's what the refs throw every hit I make.

How am I s'posed to show punks my toughness

When every other play they call unnecessary roughness?

I'd like to see him play further back... far back enough that he's sitting on the bench. Until he, and by extention the team, get the message that the guys who get the playing time are the ones who put in the work and have a passion for being out there.

Not the guys who were drafted highly or are getting paid the most.

shut up. seriously, do you think he chooses to be back there? maybe thats ONE of the reasons big plays are not being made by him. yeah he needs to work on some things (his angles for tackling) but hes a good player wether you guys see it or not. he has the tools, he just needs to find the right opportunities to show them. i HATE when ppl bash him. its obvious he isnt perfect but there is a reason he is playing on the team/field and you guys are just watching. please have some faith in your players. its only the 2nd game. let ALL of them get into the rythm of a REAL SEASON GAME. i think things will get better for the entire team and for laron from this point on.

I hate it. I was at the game yesterday and on a 3rd and short I noticed Landry was like 30 yards back. We were basically playing defense with 10 players. Needless to say they got the 1st down.

I'm against it too but at least they got a bunch of 1st downs and not DEEP touchdowns...if they had 1 big play we lose....So I can see where Blache is coming from. Maybe if the O scores some points Landry will be able to take some chances....sad but true.

shut up. seriously, do you think he chooses to be back there? maybe thats ONE of the reasons big plays are not being made by him. yeah he needs to work on some things (his angles for tackling) but hes a good player wether you guys see it or not. he has the tools, he just needs to find the right opportunities to show them. i HATE when ppl bash him. its obvious he isnt perfect but there is a reason he is playing on the team/field and you guys are just watching. please have some faith in your players. its only the 2nd game. let ALL of them get into the rythm of a REAL SEASON GAME. i think things will get better for the entire team and for laron from this point on.

FLAG on the post!!! Unneccessary whining.

Chillax Laron.

he has been taking some bad angles this year and not playing as well. But before I totally bash the guy, I do remember that he had some pretty good passes defended last year, and single handidly knocked away some balls that would have been touchdowns otherwise. I'd like to see much better angles and less wiffs out of him. But we also havent been getting beat deep either.

It's a stupid scheme. It was dumb of Williams/Blache to do it with Taylor also. You have your most physically gifted players not even involved in the game. They get maybe 3-4 opportunities to do anything all game, and eliminate them from being able to blitz, or do run support.

All of the guys in our secondary are first round talents, minus Horton. Why are they running these ultra conservative schemes?

Lets put Orakpo at Free Safety and move Landry to linebacker.

The New England game still burns me. We didnt pressure Brady all day sat in soft coverage the whole day and gave ourselves a 50 point defeat. Did we conceed the game? Sometimes in life, you have to take a chance.

And the chances we took were horrible. On their final 4th down play, why wasnt landry 30 yds downfield? We have cover 2 zone, we should have been in dime prevent. Bizarro risk taking. Luckily Bugler underthrew the ball otherwise we would have been scorched for 6.

Laron is doing what the Coach of Denfense - some of you call him Blache- tells him to do.

He broke the scheme yesterday and lined up on the D line - to go after Bulger on the last throw by the Rams.........it worked.

So if you want to blame Laron; first you must look at what his boss tells him to do.

Obvious, so obvious he doesn't like playing mid field; but do you see anyone making bombs in his direction. NO you do not. Just as they didn't with Taylor.

"Get a grip" fellas.

He lines up about 25 yards off the LOS, then as the opposing offense is in the process of hiking the ball, he's slowly taking steps backward for about another 5 yards. SO by the time the ball is snapped, he's about 30yards from the play. On average.

Dude, he's a unique player he plays Cover 1/3 Center Field Free Safety or 'Angel' as Balche/Jackson call it.

There aren't many safeties in the league that play as much CF FS as Landry.

Off the top of my head: Ed Reed, Kerry Rhodes maybe Ryan Clark and in the Packers new scheme Nick Collins:(you can't see him until he makes the INT because he's playing deep)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d8129789b/Nick-Collins-interception

And those guys play deep too.

Remember RIP Sean Taylor he's in the same role.

When Landry raises his route recognition he'll make more big plays.

I hear for the next home game, he's actually going to line up in the dream seats. It doubles as a value-add to the ticket holder, since they can get autographs during running plays.

Hahahaha!

But yeah, that's on Blache. He and Zorn should be thrilled that the House is considering extending unemployment benefits, fingers crossed.

Archived