Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Laron Landry play further back in the secondary?

dockeryfan

Laron is doing what the Coach of Denfense - some of you call him Blache- tells him to do.

He broke the scheme yesterday and lined up on the D line - to go after Bulger on the last throw by the Rams.........it worked.

So if you want to blame Laron; first you must look at what his boss tells him to do.

Did I not say that in the original post?

Someone compared him to Ed Reed. Maybe you didn't watch yesterday, but Landry was in practically no tackles. Zero. He was late to the game every play because he was so far out of position. If that's coming from S. Jackson, then it needs to be changed.

watch the play where Jackson busted that long run down the right sideline. Landry over-pursued in the worst way possible, he completely whiffed. He has raw skills but, much like the young really young, Sean Taylor, he looks like he's always trying to deliver the knockout punch. can he turn a corner and get better? time will tell I guess.

And on top of that, the corners play 10 yards away from the receiver. Even if it's 3rd and 2, the corners will still play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. I mean, I know my credentials only go as far as Madden but I press every play and get a ton of sacks!!!

Archived